• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alcohol Delivery Policy Change

GADisneyDad14

Disney Resorts Board
FYI - It is being reported on the DVC Board (
Thread 'Alcohol delivery rumor- Confirmed'
https://www.disboards.com/threads/alcohol-delivery-rumor-confirmed.3926188/) that as of 8/1 Disney has changed their policy about bell services accepting alcohol delivery. Previously there were specific approved vendors like Garden Grocer, Dizzy Dolphin, and others that were able to deliver alcohol without the guest being present. Evidently that is no longer the case and the guest must now be present to accept the delivery from any vendor.

If you have any direct experience with this new policy, please post/share your experiences, it would be good to collect real time info on what folks are experiencing on the ground.

Thanks!

I can speak to our experience this afternoon with Publix via Instacart. We are staying at Beach Club this week. (I always order a few bottles of wine for my husband and I, water, coffee creamer, and some sub rolls and deli meat for our teenage son to snack on). We arrived this morning and our room was not ready - no problem, we headed to the park this afternoon. I put our Publix order in on the bus on the way back. Almost immediately, I got a text from our shopper asking to confirm that I would be in the room and be able to meet her out front with my photo ID, along with my room number, otherwise she would "have to cancel the alcohol portion of the order". I confirmed and it was not a problem as I had already planned to do so(also, if we order groceries at home that includes beer, we always need to be present to show our ID as well, they can not leave it).She immediately replied and said that she would be able to put the order through in it's entirety.

When the order arrived, we were looking for the delivery person to come up - they approached us with a wagon(like what I would use to carry lawn chairs and a cooler to my son's all day sporting events) - saw several others like it. The delivery person told us that the new policy was that they had to park in the parking lot, load the wagon and walk in to the front entrance for each order. Overall, for us, a smooth process - but we were already planning on being present for the delivery because that is what we are used to at home.

I called Garden Grocer as we are arriving later this month and have an alcohol delivery scheduled. They assured me that this does not apply to them at this time as they have a contract with Disney. We are arriving by Amtrak train and there are times the train is delayed. Garden Grocer said they would contact me if the policy is changed on them. Hopefully we'll read other experiences over the next several days.

Disney seems to be moving to prevent outside alcohol. I went to the speedway station by DS which is very easy now (again) with the grapefruit garage I stopped to talk to one of the guards and was told not to be bring back alcohol as I would not be allowed back in. He did tell me to walk….. if I wanted to. When I came back he just smiled at me but those are the new rules. I would expect more rules to come down the pipeline to peddle the 15 and up drinks.

I called Garden Grocer as we are arriving later this month and have an alcohol delivery scheduled. They assured me that this does not apply to them at this time as they have a contract with Disney. We are arriving by Amtrak train and there are times the train is delayed. Garden Grocer said they would contact me if the policy is changed on them. Hopefully we'll read other experiences over the next several days.
I am arriving later September and like you, I have alcohol included with my Garden grocer order. Thay have also assured me that no worries due to the contract with Disney and even went further to say that the resort WILL HOLD the order if my plans prevent me from being there at time of delivery, again because of the contract. Please keep us posted on your experience and if you have any issues. Hope all goes smoothly!!

Disney seems to be moving to prevent outside alcohol. I went to the speedway station by DS which is very easy now (again) with the grapefruit garage I stopped to talk to one of the guards and was told not to be bring back alcohol as I would not be allowed back in. He did tell me to walk….. if I wanted to. When I came back he just smiled at me but those are the new rules. I would expect more rules to come down the pipeline to peddle the 15 and up drinks.
Ok I am confused. You couldn't bring alcohol back from the gas station to DS? Or ? We very rarely drink, but sometimes we do grab a beverage when we are at Disney.

Could they really stop you from bringing it with you when you check in?

I have a delivery coming up with Dizzy Dolphin, and they have reached out to say that their agreement with Disney still stands. I guess we’ll see. I’m hoping there’s some real-world experience with them before our trip, as we aren’t staying CL this time, so would like some beverages in our room.

Are you talking about Disney Springs? I don't think you can bring alcohol into Disney Springs. The resorts have no problem with you bringing alcohol with you.

Are you talking about Disney Springs? I don't think you can bring alcohol into Disney Springs. The resorts have no problem with you bringing alcohol with you.
Oh, I don't know about DS then, and I hardly drink at all. But I would have still bought out the whole liquor store. 😁 Maybe I got it confused. But this has really sparked my interest in this thread.

It sounds like maybe they were walking over to the Speedway via the Grapefruit garage (having likely arrived at DS via bus since if it was by car I would have just driven to the Speedway directly) and then trying to go back to their resort via DS bus. While there is no problem with buying alcohol offsite and bringing it back to your resort, you can't bring alcohol into DS (regardless of container) even if it's just to go right to the bus to return to to your resort. If you don't have a car and want to pick up something from Speedway, you'll need to use a taxi or ride share.

It sounds like maybe they were walking over to the Speedway via the Grapefruit garage (having likely arrived at DS via bus since if it was by car I would have just driven to the Speedway directly) and then trying to go back to their resort via DS bus. While there is no problem with buying alcohol offsite and bringing it back to your resort, you can't bring alcohol into DS (regardless of container) even if it's just to go right to the bus to return to to your resort. If you don't have a car and want to pick up something from Speedway, you'll need to use a taxi or ride share.
Ohhhhhh, ok. Gotcha.

I am arriving later September and like you, I have alcohol included with my Garden grocer order. Thay have also assured me that no worries due to the contract with Disney and even went further to say that the resort WILL HOLD the order if my plans prevent me from being there at time of delivery, again because of the contract. Please keep us posted on your experience and if you have any issues. Hope all goes smoothly!!

On a FB group post just a little bit ago, it was posted that they arrived today and Bell Services was holding their alcohol delivery. Let's hope it continues to go smoothly.

I have a delivery coming up with Dizzy Dolphin, and they have reached out to say that their agreement with Disney still stands. I guess we’ll see. I’m hoping there’s some real-world experience with them before our trip, as we aren’t staying CL this time, so would like some beverages in our room.
Dizzy Dolphin also has on their FB site that Disney is allowing alcohol deliveries as long as the requirements are followed, which I believe Dizzy Dolphin and Garden Grocer were already doing.

Disney seems to be moving to prevent outside alcohol.
This isn't Disney, this is FL. I always wondered why Garden Grocer didn't have to follow the rules everyone else in FL did. Apparently, so did Disney's lawyers.

You get carded for all deliveries of alcohol. That's FL. Then Bell Services will be thrilled to help you haul it all upstairs. It's about IDing people, not preventing alcohol. DS has a bunch of bars and restaurants with a ton of individual liquor licenses, of course they don't allow outside alcohol. That's also FL, not Disney.

I've used Walmart+ for alcohol (but order something common, because they will not substitute!) or Drizly, which was amazing. Had to meet them and get carded, no big deal.

This isn't Disney, this is FL. I always wondered why Garden Grocer didn't have to follow the rules everyone else in FL did. Apparently, so did Disney's lawyers.

You get carded for all deliveries of alcohol. That's FL. Then Bell Services will be thrilled to help you haul it all upstairs. It's about IDing people, not preventing alcohol. DS has a bunch of bars and restaurants with a ton of individual liquor licenses, of course they don't allow outside alcohol. That's also FL, not Disney.

I've used Walmart+ for alcohol (but order something common, because they will not substitute!) or Drizly, which was amazing. Had to meet them and get carded, no big deal.
That makes sense.

Well this topic is clear as mud. :-)

FYI, Garden Grocer requires sending them a copy of your ID for alcohol delivery. I’ve never used them so not sure if accurate but I assume Dizzy Dolphin has done something similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter