• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Grand Villa 360 on Member site!

Beautiful ! Will the GV's in Kidani Village be one floor as well ? Just wondering if there are any 2 floors planned. My kids would love the game room/pool table.

Out of curiosity, how many GVs are in Jambo. That pool table would be nice to have , but I do not want to get too excited if there are only 2 or 3. I wish Kidani's looked the same as Jambo. That layout is really cool.

Has anyone thought about this when looking at the photos;
In the AKL this place fits in very well, but if this was a penthouse in New York, the average person would think a pimp lived there!

Thanks for the link!! Its nice to see where I will be staying during our first trip as DVC members in April! :)

All I have to say is - A-MAZE-ZING!

Thanx, Lisa.
I will be checking into a 1br at AKV on November 5th. I'm going to ask if a GV is available for me to take a peak (or is it peek?? I always wad that one up.) :smokin:

MG

Beautiful ! Will the GV's in Kidani Village be one floor as well ? Just wondering if there are any 2 floors planned. My kids would love the game room/pool table.
I believe that only the Jambo House GVs will have the game room/pool table. The Kidani GVs have a sitting area on the 2nd level.

Thanks Mike. Do u happen to know whether or not the sq footage will be the same for the 1 story and 2 story GV's ?
According to the accommodations page on the public DVC website the Jambo House GVs are about 150 sq ft larger.

Sleeps up to twelve
Grand Villa Vacation Homes located in Jambo House will be one-level while Grand Villas located in Kidani Village will be two-level.
Master bedroom suite with king-size bed
Four bathrooms: one is a Master bathroom with whirlpool tub
Two additional bedrooms, each with two queen-size beds
Queen-size sofa bed in living room
Flat-panel TV and DVD player in living room, and flat-panel TV in master bedroom and both additional bedrooms
Full kitchen includes: coffee maker, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and more
Dining room with dining table and chairs
Laundry area contains stacked washer and dryer
Private balcony
Vacation Homes located in Kidani Village will have an additional sitting area upstairs with a queen-size sleeper sofa
2,349 sq. ft. in Jambo House
2,201 sq. ft. in Kidani Village

Out of curiosity, how many GVs are in Jambo. That pool table would be nice to have , but I do not want to get too excited if there are only 2 or 3. I wish Kidani's looked the same as Jambo. That layout is really cool.
There will be 6 GVs in Jambo House. They will be located at the end of each hallway around the horseshoe. Here is a drawing showing their location (the orange "blobs"):

81115AKV_ValStdClub_V21.JPG

These are so beautiful!!! I need more points, for sure! This is excatly what I had in mind for my family when I became a DVC member! This is our favorite resort on all of Disney property!!! :cool1:

In the AKL this place fits in very well, but if this was a penthouse in New York, the average person would think a pimp lived there!

Because of all the flat screens and pool table? Yeah, I can see some rappers stealing the decor. P.Diddy perhaps.

Hmm, maybe that's why it turns me off. Too masculine in the macho style. Fits a hunting lodge perfectly though. I'm surprised the pool room doesn't have animal heads stuck on the walls.

That would be VWL.
AKV is actually about LIVE animals.. :teeth:

MG

I thought VWL was a "Colorado mountain retreat" while AKV was an "African safari lodge". The idea being that in the mountains you go for nature hikes in the warm months and sit by the fire in the cold ones. Meanwhile on the safari you go out to shoot wild animals, either with rifles (in the olden days) or cameras (today). i.e. one survives the wilderness but goes trekking the savannah for wild game.

Maybe the pool room will have giant photos of animal heads on it.

I thought VWL was a "Colorado mountain retreat" while AKV was an "African safari lodge". The idea being that in the mountains you go for nature hikes in the warm months and sit by the fire in the cold ones. Meanwhile on the safari you go out to shoot wild animals, either with rifles (in the olden days) or cameras (today). i.e. one survives the wilderness but goes trekking the savannah for wild game.

Maybe the pool room will have giant photos of animal heads on it.
I don't really know. I don't want to get too far off topic, but I think if you shoot an animal on a African safari you will be in serious trouble.
I think of the WL/VWL as the Pacific Northwest, where hunting was a way of life. There is also a strong Native American aspect to the WL/VWL, in addition to skins and furs displayed in the lodge. :smokin:

MG

I don't really know. I don't want to get too far off topic, but I think if you shoot an animal on a African safari you will be in serious trouble.
I think of the WL/VWL as the Pacific Northwest, where hunting was a way of life. There is also a strong Native American aspect to the WL/VWL, in addition to skins and furs displayed in the lodge. :smokin:

MG
I agree, MG. I've stayed in some of the old lodges in the Pacific Northwest and WL/VWL are definitely modeled after them, right up to the light fixtures. If I remember the history correctly, many of those lodges were built in the early 1900s by the Great Northern Railway to increase passenger traffic on their railway lines which extended from Minnesota to the west coast. WL is modeled after the Pacific Northwest's grand lodges and VWL is modeled after the accommodations that were originally built for the railway workers and then later turned into additional lodging for tourists. It was DH's and my stay in Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park that made us perfect candidates to add on at VWL. Disney got the theming exactly right.

Re: AKV, for the benefit of those who have not yet stayed at AKL or AKV, have no fear -- it is definitely not modeled after a hunting lodge.

Because of all the flat screens and pool table? Yeah, I can see some rappers stealing the decor. P.Diddy perhaps.

Hmm, maybe that's why it turns me off. Too masculine in the macho style. Fits a hunting lodge perfectly though. I'm surprised the pool room doesn't have animal heads stuck on the walls.

Actually, more due to the leopard prints and funky 60's style lamps.:)

Hey no where else can you find tables with hooves! We want an experience completely opposite of what we are used to. We would never buy at WL because we are 60 miles from Banff National Park and every hotel within a 100mile radius west of us looks exactly like WL or GC.:rotfl:

Hey no where else can you find tables with hooves! We want an experience completely opposite of what we are used to. We would never buy at WL because we are 60 miles from Banff National Park and every hotel within a 100mile radius west of us looks exactly like WL or GC.:rotfl:

You know, I thought that too, before I actually visited the villas. I've stayed in several PNW lodges, Timberline included, and thought I wouldn't want to stay at VWL. Especially being from the region. But, as most things Disney, it is so much more appealing than the real deal. I've actually become a groupie!
I'd never want my actual home to be decorated in this style, but love it for my home away from home!

Back to AKL Grand Villas: Do all the Jambo GV's have pool tables?

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter