• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Grand Villa 360 on Member site!

We're taking advantage of the Veteran's Day holiday by extending our Western Caribbean Disney Cruise with an AKV GV, checking in 11/10. I'll report back to this thread. Can I see that TV from the commode?

There will be 6 GVs in Jambo House. They will be located at the end of each hallway around the horseshoe. Here is a drawing showing their location (the orange "blobs"):

81115AKV_ValStdClub_V21.JPG

Say LisaS,

I'm confused...shouldn't 6 orange blobs equal 12 GVs given that they are single floor villas? Or, are they all on one floor only?

Also, can you remind me what the other colours mean? (I can't seem to find where I stored that information.) Thanks!

I'm confused...shouldn't 6 orange blobs equal 12 GVs given that they are single floor villas? Or, are they all on one floor only?
AKV occupies the 5th and 6th floors of AKV. Most of the Lodge building is 5 stories tall, including the horseshoe which is where all of the GVs are located. So there are 6 GVs, and they are on the 5th/top floor.

Only the area immediately around the lobby is 6 stories tall. There were a total of 15 AKL rooms on the 6th floor. Those 15 rooms have been converted to 5 2BR lockoffs. That is where AKV Concierge is located.

The very end of each of the two hallways along the front of the resort are 4 stories tall.

Also, can you remind me what the other colours mean? (I can't seem to find where I stored that information.) Thanks!
The yellow line shows where the Standard View villas are located. The lime green shows where the Value villas are located. The short bright pink lines show where those 6th floor Concierge villas are located -- three 2BR lockoffs facing the Sunset Savanna and two 2BR lockoffs facing the pool area.

The grand villa is humongous

We just got back from our AKV GV stay after our cruise. We were in 5564, which is at the end of the right finger of the Zebra trail. The GV was incredible. I rate it 9.5 out of 10 with minor opportunities to make them perfect.

I haven’t read all the threads but I’ll try to cover just the items that I haven’t read about. There were indeed 5 flat-panel TV’s. Three semi-circle balconies-each accessed from two rooms so every room had access. The room was not wide enough for the pool table so the wall will interfere but the kids enjoyed it so much that they didn’t even unpack their toys suitcase from the cruise. There a separate entrance between the two two-bedded bedrooms. The end-bedroom’s attached bathroom had both tub and shower, as did the master bath. The door to the master bath was wide double sliders so the master suite felt huge. There was a walk-in closet in the master bath. The beds were very comfortable and I slept well after 7 exhausting days on the cruise. The beds were high off the ground and my 6 yo DD had to step on the frame to climb on. There were surround sound speakers around the living room and behind the sofa in the dining room, but I couldn’t figure out how to use them.

The minor opportunities for improvements are the room was too narrow for the pool table, there were no dust ruffles so the box springs were visible, there were no garbage cans in the bedrooms and the biggest complaint, the walk to the villa was LONG. Also, unique to this check-in, it took 1 ½ hours to check-in and add park tickets. I also like the pool at BCV more.

Overall, I was very satisfied. Side note, I asked the bartender by the pool where I can smoke and he said anywhere around the pool. So I apologize if my cigar offended you, I try to be courteous whenever I smoke them.

AKV occupies the 5th and 6th floors of AKV. Most of the Lodge building is 5 stories tall, including the horseshoe which is where all of the GVs are located. ...
Only the area immediately around the lobby is 6 stories tall.

Thanks Lisa! That was what I didn't know.

We're going to AKV for our first stay in Jan. AKL has always been a favourite of ours and we go over for dinner and some savanna viewing every trip, but having not actually had a room there we hadn't realized that the number of floors was different in the different sections.

Those look gorgious. It's so funny that they put a pool table/game room in there.

Its hard to tell from the layout map but where are the washer and dryer? is it serperate laundry room like OKW or is it the cabinet looking thing in the kitchen?

Its hard to tell from the layout map but where are the washer and dryer? is it serperate laundry room like OKW or is it the cabinet looking thing in the kitchen?

It on the opposite side of the kitchen in the entry way, across from the bathroom. It actually on the opposite wall of the pool table room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter