AKL pool view photos?

luvthemouse71

Former Ride Chicken...
I just booked AKL Pool View yesterday and would love to see some pictures and hear some thoughts about the resort. I have been scouring the board for AKL info and pictures but haven't come across pool view specifically all that much.

Thanks.:dance3:

We stayed in a pool view room just about a year ago and loved it. I'm only at post #2 so I can't upload a photo yet but I will asap.

We did online check in and requested a higher floor, near the lobby and got room 4428 on the Zebra Trail. It wasn't too far from the elevators and it really didn't take too long to get to the restaurants or the buses.

We really enjoyed our pool view. We wouldn't hesitate to book it again. Hope this helps.

Wow, that's nice! :thumbsup2 I'm sure we will have a great time anyway but I'm so excited to be staying at this resort, that I'm kinda giddy about it,lol.

Can't wait!

It's kind of blurry, because I never mastered the camera we had on that trip, but I loved our pool view at AKL...
SANY0693.JPG

Hi. :goodvibes Wow funnycat what a great room view! I would love to be in that room. :thumbsup2Thanks for the photo.

funnycat's and danceintherain's views were great :cloud9: I have had those views a time or two. I have more recently, however, had "pool" views like these:

45167428-2FF7-40F6-8E8D-B41B246FF424-164-0000000609CAEDF2_zpsa6025f06.jpg

WDWJune2013001_zps8d16dc67.jpg

So, I would recommend asking for a high floor. The rooms were fine for me b/c I have stayed at AKL a lot and am totally in love with it; also, these rooms were very convenient to the pool and Mara.
But for a pool view room, they are certainly lacking in views :snooty:

Good luck!

This was our view in December, from a 4th floor room on Giraffe Trail:

dcebmb.jpg

25iautf.jpg

I absolutely LOVED the view, and the location was very convenient.

Hello hello, you fools, I love you .... come on join the joy ride ..... be a joy rider ...

I don't think any of you are fools, and I have no idea why THIS song popped into my head on seeing these photos, but it did !!!

Can't wait to be in our AKV Standard Studio in Jambo, over looking the pool !!! 65 days ???

We had a lovely view of the restaurant roofs. We had to lean out and look to the right through the trees for a piece of the pool which unfortunately meant we were looking into our neighbors balcony. On numerous days we got to see beach towels hanging on the balconies across from us. Add to that being right above the food court, outdoor tables, bridge to pool - lots of people noise. We had no view of value so we found ourselves heading to the public areas and sitting and "viewing". SO ... it was not worth the extra money if we didn't use the balcony and note that being high did not get us a view either.

That said we LOVED our Savanna View room! and spent hours on the balcony.

DSCF0088-1.jpg

I don't recall our room number as this was a couple years ago, but we were fairly close to the lobby. This was our view to the left:
5772428730_9d97c6ae2f.jpg

and to the right:
5772428478_08880fecd7.jpg

We had an awesome pool view room in 2012. If you walked down hall to elevator, went right to pool, if we headed left away from lobby, there was a door that lead right to bus stops! It was a huge time saver. We were 2nd floor Zebra Trail on pool side, basically above massage center. I am sure I have something with room number on it, when we go again, I would want the same spot.
AKLpoolView_zps155ee27f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

are all of these views from the jambo. and are any of these dvc studios

All Jambo House. DVC rooms are only on the 5th and 6th floor there. These were all 4th floor and lower - other than HopperFan's view looked just like my 5th floor DVC value studio view from last December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter