AKL LITE II - We're #2, but we try harder....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark, :hug: good to see you around here! My thoughts and prayers are with you and Tracy.

I feel like I got to know her a bit though the TR, - seems so strange being I've never met her, or Tracy - but, just reading along in the TR and seeing her truly beautiful face, and the shared love we all have for that special magical place, I feel like I got to know her in a very small way.... :goodvibes I am so glad she had the opportunity to enjoy AKV with you and you all had those wonderful memories together!!

And with that said - the thread is STILL OPEN! :eek::dance3:

rollin' rollin' rollin'
keep this thread a-rollin' ...

Just got home from the airport after 4 nites in AKL... WOOOT had a great time in a great hotel..

Hello, TyRy was talking about a range of posts here during our difficult times recently. I just wanted to say "thanks" for all the nice responses.

I'm not going to bring the thread down with a eulogy (did that here in the Coping and Compassion threads); TyRy summed it up quite well in her post. I have a lump in my throat the size of a golf ball looking at pics from our last trip, yet I couldn't be happier that mom was able to enjoy our little investment @ Animal Kingdom. She adored it.

Thanks again,

Mark ... a/k/a "312.Duck"

Hey Mark,

You are more than welcome...:hug: I'm really sorry about everything your family has gone through recently and I do hope that you have received some solace in all the good memories that you had with your mom...it sounds like she was a wonderful person and may her memory be a blessing to you...I will have to check out the other thread...(I'm still learning everything that's on these boards...)

I'll have to check out your thread as well...my husband keeps threatening to write a response to my stuff called "DH speaks out...the truth vs. tales...":rolleyes1

(btw-I just realized that this thread AKL II is still going-aren't the Dis bouncers supposed to shut it down or put anyone who keeps posting on it into Disprison or something?:cool2:

Hi everyone!

(Mark I don't think we've met but :hug: hope you're doing OK.)

I paid off my trip this week!! :banana: I'm really staying at AKL!! I can't believe it!! :teeth:

We are staying club level for the first time this year. I have always made all my own reservations, etc. I was told we could use the AKL itinerary planning office to make all of our reservations, so I did contact them way ahead of time to tell them what I want. However, I will admit that I am a huge control freak and I am having a really hard time "leaving it up to someone else". We are celebrating my dd's 16 birthday at the lodge and she has no idea we are staying there. She believes we are staying at POFQ, our usual resort. I asked them for reservations for both Safaris, the Pirates Fireworks Cruise, and one ADR. I also asked for help with a cake. I know many folks on this thread have probably used the IPO and I'm hoping you can talk me off the ledge. Is it safe to let it go? I really want this birthday to be the best one ever for her. Both my dh's father and my father passed away since Christmas, so it has been a pretty crappy year for all of us. I have spoken with them on the phone, and emailed my requests again a few days ago. I didn't get a response to my email though. Any reassurance you can give me will be appreciated.:worship:

We are staying club level for the first time this year. I have always made all my own reservations, etc. I was told we could use the AKL itinerary planning office to make all of our reservations, so I did contact them way ahead of time to tell them what I want. However, I will admit that I am a huge control freak and I am having a really hard time "leaving it up to someone else". We are celebrating my dd's 16 birthday at the lodge and she has no idea we are staying there. She believes we are staying at POFQ, our usual resort. I asked them for reservations for both Safaris, the Pirates Fireworks Cruise, and one ADR. I also asked for help with a cake. I know many folks on this thread have probably used the IPO and I'm hoping you can talk me off the ledge. Is it safe to let it go? I really want this birthday to be the best one ever for her. Both my dh's father and my father passed away since Christmas, so it has been a pretty crappy year for all of us. I have spoken with them on the phone, and emailed my requests again a few days ago. I didn't get a response to my email though. Any reassurance you can give me will be appreciated.:worship:

You should have gotten an auto-reply to your e-mail, so if you didn't, you need to try again.

I just went through something similar. We are staying CL so my parents can enjoy the services without paying for all of it (since they wouldn't spend that much money on themselves!). The two safaris were a must for our visit, and a few ADRs. I spoke to someone in advance who told me what the 90 day mark was, and sent an e-mail a week before. Don from IPO called me on a Saturday to get my CC info for the safaris. Before 10AM on ADR day, I had an e-mail stating that I had gotten everything I request within 20 minutes fo my request! Sooo easy! I, too, was nervous about handing over the ressies, but they were spot on and saved me the headache of deciding what I should ask for first while on the phone.

What a wonderful surprise for your daughter!! YES, let the IPO handle everything -- they will absolutely come through for you!! AKL's IPO is terrific! :thumbsup2

I agree with tiggrbaby though. If you did not get an auto-response, then your email didn't go through. Click on this link below and try again:

animal.kingdom.lodge.itinerary.planning@disneyworld.com

:cloud9:

Hey Tigger2252,

What a wonderful surprise for your DD-I'm sure she'll love it!

But as tiggrbaby and RachelTori both indicated-they may not have gotten your email and better to be safe than sorry-and it will give you peace of mind...

(I hope you take lots of photos and write a trip report-I have a daughter I'd like to surprise for her 16th next year...)

I hope you have an absolutely magical trip...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter