• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Akershus breakfast is impossible

that one would be perfect lol in fact that is the one we were trying to coordinate in a drop this morning, myself and 2 friends were both looking and the person who dropped it and it never showed up.
we are trying to get one nov 2nd nov 4th (which would be perfect) or nov 5th even.

I feel your pain @rottieprincess. Just wanted to say that about a week ago I was able to get a PPO Akershus breakfast for our departure day. So they DO pop up from time to time. My advice (FWIW) would be to make another breakfast ADR and just keep checking. Especially the day before you're hoping to go. Who knows? Maybe it will become available. Then you can just cancel your backup ADR.

I booked all of my other ADRs at 180 days. But I didn't make any plans for our departure day. We have to get on ME at 12 noon to go to the airport so I figured we would just hang out at our resort, pack luggage, and take it easy. I changed my mind recently and just sort of casually looked for a breakfast ADRs when 8:20am Akershus popped up. I wasn't even really looking for that restaurant in particular. So it looks like we'll be going to Epcot on our last day. If nothing else just for breakfast and one last ride on FEA.

I know you mentioned you have Touring Plans searching for this as well. Just make sure you chose the text message option in additional email.

Hang in there! You never know when one might pop up.
i had a backup and canceled it this morning before the person dropped the breakfast for me now my back up is not avail heres hoping and i do have texts set up but nothing.

i had a backup and canceled it this morning before the person dropped the breakfast for me now my back up is not avail heres hoping and i do have texts set up but nothing.
Wishing you good luck in finding what you are looking for. Don't give up, but also don't let it sour your outlook on your upcoming vacation if it doesn't show up. Good luck!

Wishing you good luck in finding what you are looking for. Don't give up, but also don't let it sour your outlook on your upcoming vacation if it doesn't show up. Good luck!
thank you again :) i guess im just so tired of looking and all these failed transfers is getting to me. Thank you again for your well wishes and im sure it will be magical anyway

Hi Op. I hope you find your reservation. Sorry you are having problems coordinating cancelled reservations. I have been able to successfully transfer a few of mine that I didn't need.

Couple of pointers. Subscribe to the Nov cancellation thread with email notifications. Coordinate the drop during off times whenever possible and do it on a computer. I find the website to be less flaky than the mobile app for this type of thing. Make sure you sign in to your WDW site again even if it says you are logged in. The login will time out and it will hold up the transfer if you have to login all over again. Also, make sure your CC is stored in your profile. When I am dropping something, I ask through PM if the person is logged in and ready before I cancel. I hit cancel and immediately PM the person. So far all of my transfers have worked.

You are probably already doing what I mentioned, but wanted to post anyway in case something there helps you or someone else.

And I agree with the PPs that say one reservation won't make or break a trip. It seems important when we are reading everything and trying to make the perfect plans, but when we actually get there, all the must haves are much less important.

Good luck and have a great trip!

Hi Op. I hope you find your reservation. Sorry you are having problems coordinating cancelled reservations. I have been able to successfully transfer a few of mine that I didn't need.

Couple of pointers. Subscribe to the Nov cancellation thread with email notifications. Coordinate the drop during off times whenever possible and do it on a computer. I find the website to be less flaky than the mobile app for this type of thing. Make sure you sign in to your WDW site again even if it says you are logged in. The login will time out and it will hold up the transfer if you have to login all over again. Also, make sure your CC is stored in your profile. When I am dropping something, I ask through PM if the person is logged in and ready before I cancel. I hit cancel and immediately PM the person. So far all of my transfers have worked.

You are probably already doing what I mentioned, but wanted to post anyway in case something there helps you or someone else.

And I agree with the PPs that say one reservation won't make or break a trip. It seems important when we are reading everything and trying to make the perfect plans, but when we actually get there, all the must haves are much less important.

Good luck and have a great trip!
Thank you and yes i have done absolutely everything you just said, its so weird that none of the 4 transfers have ever shown up. I was really wondering if its happening to everyone and maybe they just disappeared

Thank you and yes i have done absolutely everything you just said, its so weird that none of the 4 transfers have ever shown up. I was really wondering if its happening to everyone and maybe they just disappeared
I have transferred several BOG ADRs to people on here and they worked every time. I have seen some people on the cancelation threads try to coordinate ON the thread as opposed to private messaging. I have to shake my head when I see this because there are hundreds (if not thousands) of other people reading these threads that could swoop in and take an ADR if 2 parties are communicating publicly. I'm also skeptical of ADR swaps. But I tend to be a little cynical by nature. I suppose that's just a character flaw of mine.

I have transferred several BOG ADRs to people on here and they worked every time. I have seen some people on the cancelation threads try to coordinate ON the thread as opposed to private messaging. I have to shake my head when I see this because there are hundreds (if not thousands) of other people reading these threads that could swoop in and take an ADR if 2 parties are communicating publicly. I'm also skeptical of ADR swaps. But I tend to be a little cynical by nature. I suppose that's just a character flaw of mine.
yes i did think the same thing. we did do it by pm its really weird and i had my friend helping me several times. plus the person who was dropping it didnt see it appear either, the only thing i can figure is there are too many people looking for the same week as me. or else they disappear never to reappear, i was wondering if the restaurant pulled them back lol.

The only time I have seen that happen is when the website throws an error when the person is trying to pick up the reservation. If that happens, the opening usually shows up in an hour. Also try searching for the time as opposed to the category.

Not sure if it is of interest, but I see a Garden Grill PPO breakfast, Captain's Grill at the YC, as well as Grand Floridian Cafe, and Boma if you are over at the AK. Nov 4th 4 people.

The only time I have seen that happen is when the website throws an error when the person is trying to pick up the reservation. If that happens, the opening usually shows up in an hour. Also try searching for the time as opposed to the category.

Not sure if it is of interest, but I see a Garden Grill PPO breakfast, Captain's Grill at the YC, as well as Grand Floridian Cafe, and Boma if you are over at the AK. Nov 4th 4 people.
aww thats so sweet maybe if i dont get akershus i will take your garden grill thats the one i canceled to pick up akershus didnt want to risk a delay.

[
aww thats so sweet maybe if i dont get akershus i will take your garden grill thats the one i canceled to pick up akershus didnt want to risk a delay.
I think what they meant it is available NOW on DW website.
There won't be any downside to booking that Garden Grill PPO now then changing to Akershus if it becomes available. When you go to book the Akershus it will notify you that Garden Grill is conflicting with it and will ask you to confirm that you want to cancel the Garden Grill to accommodate the new Akershus. It will ONLY CANCEL THE GARDEN GRILL AFTER AKERSHUS HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY BOOKED. I would grab that PPO Garden Grill now. Look at the bright side, even if Alershus never shows up, you can get in the park early(before it opens to general public) eat breakfast, then just a few footsteps away is Soarin. This is essentially a free Tier 1 fast pass.

Last edited:
Correct, thanks!

[

There won't be any downside to booking that Garden Grill PPO now then changing to Akershus if it becomes available. When you go to book the Akershus it will notify you that Garden Grill is conflicting with it and will ask you to confirm that you want to cancel the Garden Grill to accommodate the new Akershus. It will ONLY CANCEL THE GARDEN GRILL AFTER AKERSHUS HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY BOOKED. I would grab that PPO Garden Grill now. Look at the bright side, even if Alershus never shows up, you can get in the park early, eat breakfast, then just a few footsteps away is Soarin. This is essentially a free Tier 1 fast pass.

i picked up a garden grill ppo for nov 4th hopefully i will get that akershus soon thank you everyone for all the help and advice.

[

There won't be any downside to booking that Garden Grill PPO now then changing to Akershus if it becomes available. When you go to book the Akershus it will notify you that Garden Grill is conflicting with it and will ask you to confirm that you want to cancel the Garden Grill to accommodate the new Akershus. It will ONLY CANCEL THE GARDEN GRILL AFTER AKERSHUS HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY BOOKED. I would grab that PPO Garden Grill now. Look at the bright side, even if Alershus never shows up, you can get in the park early(before it opens to general public) eat breakfast, then just a few footsteps away is Soarin. This is essentially a free Tier 1 fast pass.
I can't figure out what PPO stands for...

I did have an issue with transferring an ADR to someone on the board. We did it via pm, and set a time late at night when the phone lines were off. And the really weird thing was I dropped party of 2, but she was only able to pick up party of 1. So even if you do everything correctly, sometimes it just doesn't work.

Last edited:
I did have an issue with transferring an ADR to someone on the board. We did it via pm, and set a time late at night when the phone lines were off. And the really weird thing was I dropped party of 2, but she was only able to puck up party of 1. So even if you do everything correctly, sometimes it just doesn't work.
4 times was unbelieveable. I just cant believe it. But none of them even showed up at all.

This exact thing is happening to me. Four times someone has dropped this reservation and four times it hasn't shown up. One person thought maybe they overbooked and now when it is cancelled it isn't rescheduled? Not sure if that is even possible. I'll keep looking but am also frustrated. Hope you get some pixie dust soon!

This exact thing is happening to me. Four times someone has dropped this reservation and four times it hasn't shown up. One person thought maybe they overbooked and now when it is cancelled it isn't rescheduled? Not sure if that is even possible. I'll keep looking but am also frustrated. Hope you get some pixie dust soon!

I had 2 ADRs for November that I tried to give up to other DIS members this week. The one for Minnie's Holiday Dine went off without a hitch. The one for Akershus never showed up. We were both logged in and ready to go at the same moment, but no go.

My very first thought was that maybe they were overbooked and not allowing cancellations to show up. The only other time I had this happen was right after BOG opened in 2012. Lots of similar reports on the DIS happening to others at the same time. The working theory at that point was that they had mistakenly overbooked.

But who the heck knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter