AK tree of life awakenings

Yes- we saw it last week. The AK map said nightly at dusk- I think every 20-30 min?. The map did not have times. It was beautiful!

When we travel, the park closed at 7 and dusk sunset isn't until 7:15?? How on earth will they pull that off?

When we travel, the park closed at 7 and dusk sunset isn't until 7:15?? How on earth will they pull that off?

When are you going? It's either likely that park hours will be extended, or it'll be dark long before 7:15. As of right now (7:05pm) it's basically pitch black outside, so they probably started the lighting around 5:30ish

Yes. It's a permanent edition. Happens right around sunset and I believe every 15 min

Figure that it starts at "dark" which is about 20-30 min. after sunset.

I'll be there on March 5th when sunset is around 6:30 - park closing is at 7. Will the Awakenings occur from 6:30-7 if at all?

I'll be there on March 5th when sunset is around 6:30 - park closing is at 7. Will the Awakenings occur from 6:30-7 if at all?

Likely the park will stay open later. I'd imagine the tree will start about 6:15/6:30

Never heard of this. What happens to the tree? Light up? Thanks

I just watched a youtube video on it as I had the same question. I would watch the video. Hard to describe. But basically a cool lights/effects show on the tree.

In case you prefer to avoid spoilers from YouTube, I would describe it as a projection show on the tree. While the technology is similar to the projection show on Cinderella Castle, the concept is very different. First, the show is presented on a continuous basis, so you don't have to schedule a visit for a specific time. Second, the show is intermittent: while the tree is lighten on a continuous basis, with occasional movements from the "animals" carved on the tree, more substantive sequences are projected from time to time. When I visited in December, we wait about 5 minutes (maybe less) between two sequences.

While I had heard about the show, I have been blown away. It is nothing "big," but definitely subtile and well-done. The music is also a good addition.

I found it underwhelming. No, that is not fair.. we were underwhelmed that it was NOT performed on the day we visited last Nov. it was one of the things we were really excited about, and we found ourselves a spot to perch as darkness was falling. We perched and waited, along with as many other people who could fit themselves in out little area. And we waited. But by bit, people drifted away and we finally gave up. We ask aCM at the first spot we came to, and we're to,d that maybe we missed it. Hmmmm. Asked another a little further on, and found out that it had been cancelled, as taping the Holiday special was running late that day.

Oh well, hoping to score a trifecta this November, ROL, Pandora, and the tree awakening!

Really enjoyed it. We watched it in the rain, which was a little heavy. Definitely worth it and pretty much no crowd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter