Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Yes ,,,PC has been good for me for years....Last year was over 2mil and have 650k already in bank right now for use in March for our trip. Will start buying GC with groceries soon.
Please, please do not let your points accumulate to any substantial amount. I have had my points stolen twice and it’s a huge hassle to get them back. I know it’s still happen as I’ve seen recent social media accounts of point theft. It actually sounds like it’s even harder now to get the points back. I used to let my points just sit and build all year. Now I keep it under 150k.

dancin Disney style

Hi Hon
Just wondered if this place might work?
Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando in Disney Springs
Mousesavers.com has a
15% off Rates & MORE at Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando in Disney Springs
The new Drury Plaza Hotel officially opened in December 2022! Exclusive to MouseSavers, book your stay at this brand-new resort and get 15% off fully refundable and changeable rates PLUS discounted daily parking fees of $15 + tax (regularly $25 + tax)! You’ll get super rates with no resort fee plus FREE daily breakfast, and FREE 5:30 pm Kickback®, where you’ll find hot food, salads and cold beverages every evening, and FREE Wi-Fi. Guests of this new Official Walt Disney World® Hotel will also have access to the Early Theme Park Entry program, and complimentary shuttle service to all of the Walt Disney World parks!
Hugs Mel
Just wanted to chime in on Drury as an amazing place to stay. We stayed in a few hotels during our long trip that is ending today, and the Drury near Universal was in a league of its own. I bet the new Disney Springs hotel would be just as good. The service was outstanding and we appreciated both the room layouts and the food options. Also the 5:30 pm kickback comes with three free beverages per adult, per night. My husband liked that. My kids liked the open pop fountain and bottomless popcorn. This is a small thing but I also appreciated that they used real cutlery and plates so there was a lot less waste than the Marriotts we stayed at.

@dancin Disney style Did this happen to you even with the "Earn Only" lock on your account?
The first time was def before. The second I don't recall but I think it was after. Anyway, it's still happening and the last time I saw something about it the person had her account on earn only and lost over 500K points. She has been months trying to get the points back and last I saw she still did not have them. This sort of thing has happen so many times that the news (CBC I think) has done stories on it too and still PC doesn't seem to want to secure the system. Honestly, how hard would it be to add a PIN for redemptions or at the least have the cashier ask for ID. My oldest DD works for them and she has an employee card that she has to show ID to use...every single time.

In other news....
DD is heading back to work this morning. I've been up since 2:30am (kind of 1:30...was checking the clock to make sure I didn't over sleep) to drive her to the airport. Back home by 4am and on the couch with tea and a cinnamon roll by 4:10. The dog is like what is happening here. She said there were a LOT of kids clearly heading to WDW on her 6am flight. She had to stand in the security line for an hour...which opened late and then it took them a minute to organize themselves and start pulling people out that had that first flight. For some reason she said the US immigration hall was completely empty. She was a bit nervous of that this time as the last two times through she was only gone for a short time and her papers had clear dates. This time her papers are different and the doc she's traveling on today in only for a 14 day period. I think it's basically just to allow her to transit through the US to meet the ship and then leave. I told her not to worry that this is a Disney issue and they know how it's done. If she wasn't allowed through it's not her problem anyway....they will take care of it. Anyway, she got through no trouble at all. The agent asked her where she was going and for how long...nothing else. Now she's sitting on the plane and guess what? It's delayed. After she gets to the hotel she is meeting up with some of the other girls and they are going to Universal for the day. Tomorrow is another 5am bus ride to join the ship and the first ever Pixar Day at Sea.
BTW, yesterday she received a shirt, jacket and notebook for the opening cast. It's so cute....the Pixar ball with Mickey ears, the date and opening cast across the bottom.

almost forgot....I'm looking at hotels on AM this morning. I can get the B resort for only 1160 miles/night but the fees are unclear and it's non refundable. At this point the non refundable doesn't bother me, especially with such low miles. I really don;t like not knowing the fees exactly.

Thoughts on this.....

almost forgot....I'm looking at hotels on AM this morning. I can get the B resort for only 1160 miles/night but the fees are unclear and it's non refundable. At this point the non refundable doesn't bother me, especially with such low miles. I really don;t like not knowing the fees exactly.

Thoughts on this.....

I agree not having a PIN to use Points is not safe.
I hate that about the new Scene+ program I am doing.
If I loose that card ,,someone could just wipe out all my points at a grocery store.
I am cashing out my points regularly to prevent this. (Cash/credit bank account).
At least with Airmiles you can lock your cash account.

Hugs Mel

I need help calculating missing miles. I made a purchase from the Linen Chest of $279.28. It was 1 mile for every $20 spent, there was also a 5x promotion and a 15x promotion, how many miles is that supposed to be? Thanks in advance :)

I agree not having a PIN to use Points is not safe.
I hate that about the new Scene+ program I am doing.
If I loose that card ,,someone could just wipe out all my points at a grocery store.
I am cashing out my points regularly to prevent this. (Cash/credit bank account).
At least with Airmiles you can lock your cash account.

Hugs Mel
I totally agree. Last time the Freshco cashier asked if I wanted to use my points to pay. I replied no, but she processed it using points by mistake. I am saving the points for 2024 flights, so I insisted on getting the points back. I had to wait quite a while to get it straightened out (through two supervisors and a phone call) because everyone is new to Scene+. I checked the App, and there’s no way to lock the account for redemption like Airmiles and PC. I hope they can add that feature soon.

I totally agree. Last time the Freshco cashier asked if I wanted to use my points to pay. I replied no, but she processed it using points by mistake. I am saving the points for 2024 flights, so I insisted on getting the points back. I had to wait quite a while to get it straightened out (through two supervisors and a phone call) because everyone is new to Scene+. I checked the App, and there’s no way to lock the account for redemption like Airmiles and PC. I hope they can add that feature soon.
Wow Oh Wow NO!
That started to happen to me at FreshCo too!
I yelled very loudly No Stop!
Now every time I have $20 cash I deposit it into a Scene+ Bank account, (No Fee), I am saving to pay my yearly dues on my Disney Timeshare (Resort Room) next year.
I agree with the need for a lock account for redemption too.
I am glad you were able to get it straightened out but wish you didn't have to do so.
Hugs Hon
Mel

I need help calculating missing miles. I made a purchase from the Linen Chest of $279.28. It was 1 mile for every $20 spent, there was also a 5x promotion and a 15x promotion, how many miles is that supposed to be? Thanks in advance :)
You can only earn the base miles once so the math will be as follows
  1. Base miles -13 (279.28 ÷ 20, they round down)
  2. 5 x bonus - (13 x 5) - 5 base =60
  3. 15 x bonus - (13 x 15) - 5 base =190
  4. Total miles = 255

I woke up to a pinging phone at 7am this morning...gorgeous sunrise pics from Port Canaveral. The Coast Guard is onboard this morning running drills. DD then has a meeting and the rest of the day is a free day for her. She's happy to have plenty of time to get settled into her cabin. The cast is living in guest cabins and they are all grouped together this time. They thought they were getting their own cabins but that didn't happen and she is back with her same roommate. I think she's a little (or a lot) bummed about sharing again.....the bed situation is not ideal. For those that haven't seen the bed set up.....there is one real bed, it's a queen and then there is a sofa that the back flips over into a twin but it's smaller than an actual twin. They are going to have to take turns in the queen bed.
This weeks itinerary takes her to the Virgin Islands and is the first ever Pixar Day at Sea sailing!

My excitement is really starting to grow....21 days from today we also board the ship!

Please, please do not let your points accumulate to any substantial amount. I have had my points stolen twice and it’s a huge hassle to get them back. I know it’s still happen as I’ve seen recent social media accounts of point theft. It actually sounds like it’s even harder now to get the points back. I used to let my points just sit and build all year. Now I keep it under 150k.
You will be happy to know we started cashing out...150 gc today..and will whittle it down soon.

It's been a very rough start to 2023, we got to ring in the New Year in the emergency room for hubby (nothing overly serious, just has a really bad infection that needs the old shotgun approach of antibiotics) it was surprisingly dead, us and 2 other patients so we were in and out in under 2 hours. Got a text around 8 am on the 2nd that my mom had been taken to hospital by ambulance because she was seizing, it took them close to 3 hours to get them to stop. She had a smaller episode in the summer of 2021 when they found a tumor on the lining of her brain, she refused the only treatment (cut it out) so it was only a matter of time till she had more. She has since found what will be her new baseline, it ain't terribly pretty & I really hope she's not fully aware of what's happened to herself as a person. She can't preform even basic self-care, isn't oriented to time or location, has a weird jumble of facts and people so carrying on a conversation is exhausting. She'll be in the hospital for probably another week to 10 days until we know what the next steps are, rather heartbreaking to watch.

I spent time today crossing off things for our trip to Disney next month (OH-EM-GEE, next month!!!!) My airmiles account looks pretty sad right now!

• Booked the Sheraton inside YYZ since our flight leaves at 6:15
  • Downloaded the US customs app
  • Called Disney and had them apply the funds that were on my account from the botched Air Transat trip towards an After Hours event at MK
  • Put in a request with the personal shoppers for tickets to After Hours at the Studios
  • Ordered 10 day parkhoppers from Redtag (side note, how long till i actually get those?!)

Still have a ton to do but I'm having trouble focusing,
  • laundry is piling up in the corner of our room
  • I need to vacuum or soon Mocha will be able to have a buffet off the carpets
  • need to go grocery shopping tomorrow
  • order a scooter for hubby
  • send email to special diets
  • make park reservations
  • book adrs
Tomorrow afternoon we're heading up to see my mom and visiting with the woman (heck, she closer to me than my sisters are) who lives with my mom to discuss where we go from here and how to handle my sisters in this messy time.

I spent time today crossing off things for our trip to Disney next month (OH-EM-GEE, next month!!!!) My airmiles account looks pretty sad right now!

• Booked the Sheraton inside YYZ since our flight leaves at 6:15
  • Downloaded the US customs app
  • Called Disney and had them apply the funds that were on my account from the botched Air Transat trip towards an After Hours event at MK
  • Put in a request with the personal shoppers for tickets to After Hours at the Studios
  • Ordered 10 day parkhoppers from Redtag (side note, how long till i actually get those?!)
So fun! I put in my request for redtag DL tix on this past Thursday afternoon and 24 hrs later they were in my email box. I had been holding off til the exchange rate was better…but I leave in 3 weeks and figured I better get park reservations in order to not be begging for ones the night before lol

Well my "cruise flight" dilemma now has me thinking maybe we should just to to WDW. And I can't use AM to book the hotel, or the flights since we'll probably be flying on Flair (even with the possible issues). So now I am thinking I should switch my AM to cash and use them towards gift cards. But I'm nervous of doing so lol.

I would use them towards tickets but I plan to buy the tickets from the UK as they are the best deal. Just narrowing down dates. End of April into May or early to mid May. I am hoping Tron will be open. Hotel, flights and tickets are all the same price just a question of weather and Tron :D We will be going to the water park(s) depending on which is open. Also debated adding on Universal but even a couple days adds so much cost because of tickets. Crazy. Suppose I could save AM for Universal tickets? Or we'll go in December since we are cruising from Orlando and I can't cruise from there and not add some park.

I think cash AM until we go in April/May and then switch back to dream to maybe earn a Universal ticket or two. Yeah... Ok. That's the plan! 10 days at Disney should be enough? Probably staying at POP so we can Skyliner. Though we'd save money at an All Stars.

Heather 10 Days in WDW sounds great,,, and the Spring time is so beautiful there.
TRON
https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/tron/news/09jan2023-disney-teases-tron-lightycle-run-opening-date-at-walt-disney-world.htm
Maybe 5 days at Pop & 5 days at All Stars? It is nice to have the Skyliner transportation though.
il_340x270.2868068806_63uk.jpg

Yeah I would save Universal for another Trip as you are going to love Volcano Bay water Park and also
the new Universal Epic Park is coming in 2025.
https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando...epic-universe-right-on-track-for-2025-opening

Have fun planning
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter