Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Happy New Year! Here's to a year of travelling, hopefully :)
Rain here has gotten rid of a lot of snow, wish I hadn't bothered shoveling that last bit that fell, it's all gone off the driveway, and I can see some grass in the backyard, which is very green. I'm sure we'll be knee deep in it again soon!
Fingers are crossed for some good AM deals this year.

@40ariel sometimes Disney hotels don't show up. Universal is almost always available through AM but Disney isn't. I believe someone had posted that mid-January they may appear? If you wanted to book a package you might be able to do that (flights and hotel) but I'm not even sure that's available through airmiles.

You can book a package to Disney hotels through AM, it would include flight and hotel through Air Canada or WestJet package. Not sure that helps.

dancin Disney style

Hi Hon
Just wondered if this place might work?
Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando in Disney Springs
Mousesavers.com has a
15% off Rates & MORE at Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando in Disney Springs
The new Drury Plaza Hotel officially opened in December 2022! Exclusive to MouseSavers, book your stay at this brand-new resort and get 15% off fully refundable and changeable rates PLUS discounted daily parking fees of $15 + tax (regularly $25 + tax)! You’ll get super rates with no resort fee plus FREE daily breakfast, and FREE 5:30 pm Kickback®, where you’ll find hot food, salads and cold beverages every evening, and FREE Wi-Fi. Guests of this new Official Walt Disney World® Hotel will also have access to the Early Theme Park Entry program, and complimentary shuttle service to all of the Walt Disney World parks!
Hugs Mel

Last edited:

dancin Disney style

Hi Hon
Just wondered if this place might work?
Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando in Disney Springs
Mousesavers.com has a
15% off Rates & MORE at Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando in Disney Springs
The new Drury Plaza Hotel officially opened in December 2022! Exclusive to MouseSavers, book your stay at this brand-new resort and get 15% off fully refundable and changeable rates PLUS discounted daily parking fees of $15 + tax (regularly $25 + tax)! You’ll get super rates with no resort fee plus FREE daily breakfast, and FREE 5:30 pm Kickback®, where you’ll find hot food, salads and cold beverages every evening, and FREE Wi-Fi. Guests of this new Official Walt Disney World® Hotel will also have access to the Early Theme Park Entry program, and complimentary shuttle service to all of the Walt Disney World parks!
Hugs Mel
I priced that out this morning as soon as I saw that. I have been watching it via AM too. It bounces back and forth between 2500 and 2900 miles per night plus fees that will run me around $150 ish. It’s the extra fees that are the hold back. It annoys me that I have to redeem that many miles and still pay that much money. I do think the Drury is a great option because some food is included and the location is great.
I’m eyeing the Hampton Inn on Palm Pkwy…it includes breakfast and parking for 1600-ish miles per night and the fee is around $50. If I don’t see any WDW resorts come up in the next day or two I’ll likely grab the Hampton. There is also the Aloft (which I love) but it’s non refundable.

LOL…then I’m also contemplating staying over Seaworld area. Only because it’s that little bit closer to the airport. There are too many choices.

How is everyone requesting a personal shopper quote these days? I just used the chat feature and it was so weird. It was a bunch of prompts and then it asked me if I was done and it ended the chat. I have no idea if I actually submitted my request or not.

I needed some cat food and litter from amazon so used airmileshop (pet food is listed as earning AM). Noticed a special spend $100+ get 40 AM offer so I bought enough to meet that (it all lasts so just means I don't have to buy that soon). Also went to Metro and spent a bit more than I wanted but earned 192 AM and have restocked some things to the freezer, they had a bunch of different beef on sale so kiddo will be happy as he does get tired of chicken and pork chops. So to get to Onyx again I need to earn almost 420 AM per month, with some from December that I think will post this week (so count as 2023 yes?) I am over half way there for January. I'll need gas this month too but probably only once, not the 3 or 4 times that will get me the bigger Shell bonus. Though now we are being forced back to the office I guess I'll end up driving more often.

I did have a 100 AM Metro bonus post, I can't remember the promo it was for but am glad to see it post on time (and dated Jan 3, 2023 so I'm off to a good start).

How is everyone requesting a personal shopper quote these days? I just used the chat feature and it was so weird. It was a bunch of prompts and then it asked me if I was done and it ended the chat. I have no idea if I actually submitted my request or not.

When I go on to Airmiles there is a form to fill out, it's not a chat. So I'm not sure if what you sent or did completed the request? I found the form under Onyx benefits
1672785975212.png
Then Submit request on the next page
1672786015463.png

and you can fill out the form.

Well I had a look at Blue Level for Airmiles and achieving even 500 is going to be a challenge for me. I do want at least Blue so I can pay for hotels with both Airmiles & Cash.
so far for Jan 2023
Well it's a start .............
Miles collected:
+42

Hugs Mel

Got my Shell Unwrap the App bonus 50 miles today. I totally forgot about those LOL

I also got the BMO AMShops Holiday Offer bonus 50 miles. Ditto for these too.

My account is just shy of 11,000 Dream miles again. I am really trying hard not to use them until Epic Universe opens in summer 2025. Then I will need either 3-park or 4-park tickets (including Volcano Bay) for three adults. That will likely cost anywhere from 16,000-20,000 miles, based on today's values.

I figure I will be able to achieve Gold Status as I get the 100 bonus miles every month from Shell for filling up 4 times. I got most of my miles from Sobeys so getting higher than Gold will be a challenge. I am going to make a AirMiles Shoppe purchase from Walmart tomorrow so will earn the 40 bonus miles.
I may have to make more shops at Metro but it is farther away and more money since I have been converted to a No Frills shopper. I really love my No Frills store now.
Miles collected so far 50 miles for the Unwrap the App bonus points.

When I go on to Airmiles there is a form to fill out, it's not a chat. So I'm not sure if what you sent or did completed the request? I found the form under Onyx benefits
View attachment 729614
Then Submit request on the next page
View attachment 729615

and you can fill out the form.
I was looking for something like that and I did look at the Onyx benefits. I even used the search tab.

So hopefully I won’t get kicked out for this….I opened my AM app to find 510 miles posted today. Some unwrap miles for Metro and Shell. A BMO holiday offer and a BMO 5x the miles. As of today I have earned back the 8000+ miles that I redeemed in September.

Ok I got a couple of direct offers from Shell. Good till Jan 31 2023
Buy one car wash get 50 Bonus Airmiles (can do)(Max 100 Bonus Airmiles per collector)
Buy $5 instore get 10 Bonus Airmiles (Can Do)
Buy 10$ instore get 20 Bonus Airmiles (Can do) (Max 100 Bonus Airmiles per collector)
Buy 3X 30 L Gas in Jan get 100 Bonus Airmiles (Not likely).
This helps

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
I went back into AM this morning to submit my shopper request. I don't know what I did wrong yesterday but it seemed to be right there....I swear it was not there yesterday. Anyway, request submitted but of course I forgot to mention I want the tickets for MK. I hope they can hurry up on this....I need to book a park reservation.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to use my miles. So today's game plan is 2X 1 day park tickets and my rental cars. I'll pay OOP for the hotels....that way I get rewards for that unless I can find a WDW room. Today's plan my not be tomorrow’s plan.....

Last edited:
Was just trying to think of ways to earn more miles. Has anyone attempted to re-apply for one of the AMEX or even BMO air miles credit cards for the big signing bonus? I haven't had an AMEX card since 2016 or 2017 when we did our first family WDW trip. I wonder how long it takes for it to reset, or if ever does?

Soooooo,,,,as you all might know, I have all but given up on AM. But I do pop in and see what my friends are doing.
It did peak my interest to see what my status was. I have not earned more than 50am in the last year and half.
Well it still has be as Onyx,,,and my wife as Gold.
Ok I will go with it.
and with Shell it is still showing as Shell+, but we now fill up at Esso

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter