"Airbrone" before your flight

JeremyGNJ

none
I've seen a couple posts recently about people getting sick just before their trip. There's also danger of getting sick on the plane, going to disney. Planes are notorious for spreading sickness because ll the air gets recirculated the whole flight.

I always take Airborne (actually the cheaper Walgreens version called WalBorne) starting a few days before a flight.

Friends of ours swear by Airborne. They take it everytime they fly and they have never gotten sick. We are going to try it in April as colds are still floating around at that time.

There's nothing magical about it. It's really just a "multi vitamin", but it contains all the stuff that helps buff your immune system. Lots of vitamin C, zinc, echinacea, etc.

There's no "proof" that it really helps prevent getting a cold, but since all the ingredients are safe and beneficial, it certainly doesn't hurt.

There's nothing magical about it. It's really just a "multi vitamin", but it contains all the stuff that helps buff your immune system. Lots of vitamin C, zinc, echinacea, etc.

There's no "proof" that it really helps prevent getting a cold, but since all the ingredients are safe and beneficial, it certainly doesn't hurt.

Oh absolutely I agree that it's not a magic pill but if it helps in any sort of way, hey it's worth trying it.:thumbsup2

I have alot of sinus problems and I am constantly fighting colds and sinus infections. Flying really agravated my sinuses and I would end up with terrible congestion and headaches after my flights - probably from the dry and recirculating air. I started taking Airborne the night before, the morning of, and once in flight as well as a few Sudafed right before the flight (the real/old kind of Sudafed with pseudoephedrine) and it really seemed to help alot.

I don't know if it is really doing anything, but it can't hurt.

Note: Pseudoephedrine is not a good choice for anyone with high blood pressure, it will make it go higher.

Since, I currently have a cold and am flying out tomorrow morning, I think I will stop at Walgreens on the way home and pick up some. Maybe it will help me fight off this cold.

I use a product called EmergenC, it is a powder to add to water with a LOT of vitamin C. I always feel better taking that for a few days instead of airborn personally. Just another option to do the same thing

I have alot of sinus problems and I am constantly fighting colds and sinus infections. Flying really agravated my sinuses and I would end up with terrible congestion and headaches after my flights - probably from the dry and recirculating air. I started taking Airborne the night before, the morning of, and once in flight as well as a few Sudafed right before the flight (the real/old kind of Sudafed with pseudoephedrine) and it really seemed to help alot.

I don't know if it is really doing anything, but it can't hurt.

Note: Pseudoephedrine is not a good choice for anyone with high blood pressure, it will make it go higher.

OMG if I ever took all that together I would be in a loopy state of mind. I could never take Sudafed. Too strong for me. DH takes Sudafed and it works for him.

Since, I currently have a cold and am flying out tomorrow morning, I think I will stop at Walgreens on the way home and pick up some. Maybe it will help me fight off this cold.

Hope you feel better and have a great trip. Go load up on med's.

:rotfl2: WALBORNE! :rotfl2:

Sorry just struck me as funny.
We take Airborn as well...get it at Costco in bulk in the winter months....they have a kids version, kinda like a pixie stick....they love it. We still get sick but doesn't seem to last as long or be as bad.

1) I have heard people say Airborne works wonders.
2) I have heard studies say Airborne doesn't do much.
3) So, do whatever you feel is best.

4) I fly A LOT.
5) I have yet to get sick on, during, or after a flight
. . . take a mega-dose of Vitamin-C the day prior
. . . drink 2-3 glasses of water prior to flight
. . . drink 1-2 glasses of water during flight
. . . drink 1-2 glasses of water after flight

I have been using Airborne for the past week (family members are sick) to avoid getting sick for my upcoming trip next week. I will continue taking it while there too. I do take the kids one instead. Adult orange is just too yukky to me. The kids one is a powder Pixies. May have less viatamins cause it's meant for a child but it's still better then nothing.

Airborne is great and doesn't taste so bad. I usually have a cold at least for 10 days. I took Airborne, and it lasted 4 days. I love it now and will take it before the flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter