Air Fryer

Just bought my first air fryer. Tell me your best hints, favorite uses, things to never try...

Thank you

We loved cutting up hot links and cooking them in the air fryer. Super easy and so much better than boiling!

Sadly, my air fryer was on the Cosori recall list and I'm impatiently waiting for my replacement.

Here is the best fried chicken recipe I've found: Air Fryer Fried Chicken

We do a lot of breaded zucchini and green beans.

Did your recalled model have wifi? Mine did, and Cosori said the wifi models are on back order. I ended up contacting them and saying I was ok with a non wifi replacement because I never used it that way. I now have a shipping number so it should be on its way soon.

Got one for Christmas 2021 and use it all the time--probably at least 5 days a week. My favorite usage is for frozen stuff like fries, pizza, pot pies, etc.

Got one for Christmas 2021 and use it all the time--probably at least 5 days a week. My favorite usage is for frozen stuff like fries, pizza, pot pies, etc.
Wait, pot pies? Like the Stouffers ones? How long and at what temperature?

do you make the zucchini from scratch or are they frozen?
Not the one you are asking but I made some 2 nights ago. I chunk it up, toss it with a little olive oil, then add some bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. I toss that around then throw it in the air fryer. I really like it.

Not the one you are asking but I made some 2 nights ago. I chunk it up, toss it with a little olive oil, then add some bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. I toss that around then throw it in the air fryer. I really like it.
temp and time?

From scratch.

2 medium zucchini
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons salt (I use a seasoning salt instead of the 2 teaspoons salt and black pepper)
1/2 black pepper
2 eggs beaten
1 tablespoon milk
3/4 cup Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

Cut the zucchini into 3/4 inch thick strips

Mix together the flour, salt and peper into one dish. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a second dish. Combine the Panko and Parmesan cheese in a third dish.

Preheat the Air Fryer to 350 degrees

Coat each piece of zucchini with the flour, dip in the egg, and then roll in the panko/cheese mixture.

Place the coated zucchini evenly in the air fryer and spray with nonstick spray

Select the frozen food preset and then adjust time to 8 minutes and press start

shake the basket halfway through cooking

serve with ranch or other dip of your choice

• Love
Reactions: Deb
I think I may be returning the impulse bought model I purchased and replace it with one better researched. \

Wait, pot pies? Like the Stouffers ones? How long and at what temperature?
Madam, only Marie Callendar served here!:snooty:
I just use the bake function at whatever oven temp is on the box. I think it recommends 60-65 minutes, but I have a small twist. After the top crust is browned, I turn the pie upside down and cook for another 20-30 minutes. Those big pot pies always have a soggy/undercooked bottom crust, but with the flip you get a nice crispy crust on top & bottom.

Madam, only Marie Callendar served here!:snooty:
I just use the bake function at whatever oven temp is on the box. I think it recommends 60-65 minutes, but I have a small twist. After the top crust is browned, I turn the pie upside down and cook for another 20-30 minutes. Those big pot pies always have a soggy/undercooked bottom crust, but with the flip you get a nice crispy crust on top & bottom.
Oh duh, yes I meant Marie Callendar. Have some in the freezer now. Love your extra step! This is in my near future. Thanks for the tip!

You should go on Allrecipes and look up AirFryer meals - I’ve used several recipes from there. I love my AirFryer - I use it all the time 🙂👍🏼

We love our air fryer. I found some great recipes (and bought the recommended air fryer) from America’s Test Kitchen Air Fryer Perfection cookbook. It’s great for the kids to use too!

Mine doesn't either. I also use non toxic silicone liners which have been a life saver and extremely easy
to clean.

I just took a look at these on Amazon. There's no holes in the bottom of the silicone fryer baskets. They will still circulate air okay?

I was given an Instant Pot and air-fryer lid last week. I tried out the Instant Pot for the first time and the stew meat was so juicy tender. 🥰 I'm ready to try the air-fryer lid, but I know I won't use it much if it's really hard to clean afterward or doesn't fry well. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter