Air conditioned spots in US and Islands of Adventure

After 5pm all containers have to be empty or sealed. Seemes we had a rogue security guard. But regardless, after 5 no go. (Obviously depending if you have a rogue or lax security guard.) seems posted various places that no containers may be brought in event nights? But I took a water bottle to Mardi Gras sooo...

So it is only for special events??

Outside of those event nights it's fine to go in with opened water bottles.......that seems to be what I'm reading.

last time i was at the darkside was last october.
i know the security was beefed up for those entering the park once hhn began, but didn't see all that happen on the other non hhn dates i went into the park.

so, this is something new that security is checking everything for non special event dates?
i get the security check when i get on the water taxi at the hotel.
can i assume that is the only security check i will have?
Or is there another one to enter the parks now?

i usually have a plastic throw away water bottle with me from when i go into the parks.
thanks for the heads up.
i'll keep it sealed until once in the park

The security at the boat or by margaritaville (still waiting for our table!) is all you'll have to deal with. I've taken my coffee cup (I don't drink coffee) on the boat with no problem. However, if we walk security wouldn't let me through with the cup. Odd I know, but we did about half and half as far as the boats or walking. Same policy every time when we walked. Sealed or empty water bottle was fine.

Edited to add:
In a nutshell, the policies and enforcement are enforced differently depending on who is doing security. At least in my experience.

The security at the boat or by margaritaville (still waiting for our table!) is all you'll have to deal with. I've taken my coffee cup (I don't drink coffee) on the boat with no problem. However, if we walk security wouldn't let me through with the cup. Odd I know, but we did about half and half as far as the boats or walking. Same policy every time when we walked. Sealed or empty water bottle was fine.

Edited to add:
In a nutshell, the policies and enforcement are enforced differently depending on who is doing security. At least in my experience.

That's true. We walked into the parks last year, non HHN and was fine with open bottled water. Friends who were there in February not a special event or anything and offsite had an open bottle and were not asked to empty it out when they went through Citywalk.......which is why I'm confused.

We were told it was only special events they made people get rid of liquids.........but seems to be a bit up in the air.........

Haven't been since August 2008, so in 8 years SO much has changed! If we so choose can we bring in a small soft side cooler type bag with unopened bottles of water? THANKS in advance, cannot wait!:wave2:

Haven't been since August 2008, so in 8 years SO much has changed! If we so choose can we bring in a small soft side cooler type bag with unopened bottles of water? THANKS in advance, cannot wait!:wave2:
based on what is listed on the website, i believe you should not have any issues with that.

to be on the safe side, send an email to guest services and ask them if it is still allowed.

my head is swimming with new changes......don't want to steer you wrong so contacting GS will give you the present info you need.

don't know if the website is updated immediately or if guest services has the info first.

based on what is listed on the website, i believe you should not have any issues with that.

to be on the safe side, send an email to guest services and ask them if it is still allowed.

my head is swimming with new changes......don't want to steer you wrong so contacting GS will give you the present info you need.

don't know if the website is updated immediately or if guest services has the info first.
THANKS, I think I will do that!::yes:::goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter