Adventurous April Exercise Challenge

Congratulations to BumbleB, who has reached more than 10% of goal and is now Disneyland Blue. And special congratulations to Dentam, who in one day went from being five minutes short of Disneyland Blue to being five minutes short of Magic Kingdom Orange!

Shortly before Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room opened in 1963, Disneyland added the Swiss Family Treehouse to Adventureland in November 1962. The attraction was based on the 1960 Disney movie Swiss Family Robinson, starring John Mills (father to Disney's young star Hayley Mills). In 1999, the attraction was converted to Tarzan's Treehouse in anticipation of Disney's new Tarzan film.

Last edited:
Another gorgeous day!

I'm jealous! "April Fool's Day" seems to be a multi-day event here in Mass. - It was still snowing this morning.

Exercise since my last post:

Crazy-busy weekend: 10 minutes of walking outside
Monday: 25 minutes of shoveling snow
Today: 20 minutes of what I intend to be my April routine - marching on the mini-trampoline while watching Jeopardy

It's not exactly a new adventure, but I need a plan that will help me be consistent this month (and obviously not a weather-dependent activity :mad: ) so I picked something I used to do a while back. I call it my "Mensa workout" - brain and body all at once.

So my new total is 75/600.

I'm jealous! "April Fool's Day" seems to be a multi-day event here in Mass. - It was still snowing this morning.

Exercise since my last post:

Crazy-busy weekend: 10 minutes of walking outside
Monday: 25 minutes of shoveling snow
Today: 20 minutes of what I intend to be my April routine - marching on the mini-trampoline while watching Jeopardy

It's not exactly a new adventure, but I need a plan that will help me be consistent this month (and obviously not a weather-dependent activity :mad: ) so I picked something I used to do a while back. I call it my "Mensa workout" - brain and body all at once.

So my new total is 75/600.

This snow is ridiculous! My afternoon minutes added yesterday were also shoveling what was very heavy snow. Every other snow I've shoveled this winter was light and fluffy. Not yesterday:(

Minutes: 460/3000
Percentage: 15.3%

Monday: walking at work for 40 minutes, plus another hour at Target and Sprouts for 100 minutes!
Today: walking at work for 40 minutes. I'll have another update as to whether or not I do my walking 5K (depending on how I feel) this evening.

Congratulations to DVCFan1994, PollyannaMom, and SarahDisney, who all have passed 10% and are now Disneyland Blue. And a big congratulations to the team as a whole, which also has passed 10% and is now Disneyland Blue!

Reportedly, Adventureland originally was planned to be on the east side of Disneyland. But when a grove of eucalyptus trees was found, it was decided they would make a nice backdrop for City Hall from Town Square and would help delineate town and jungle. So Adventureland ended up on the other side of those trees, on the west side of the park.

Further congratulations to Dentam and to me, sophy1996, for reaching or passing 25% of goal and turning Magic Kingdom Orange.

The current attractions at Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom are the Jungle Cruise, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Swiss Family Treehouse, and Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. This Adventureland also features Pirate's Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas, an interactive experience in which guests search Adventureland for treasure.

When the park first opened in 1971, there were only three attractions: Tropical Serenade (a version of the Tiki Room), the Jungle Cruise, and the Swiss Family Treehouse. Adventureland and Frontierland did not connect until Pirates was opened in December 1973.

We feel your pain, having had about 20 inches of snow week before last and a bit of snow just last week. Hang in there!

185 minutes for me today. Long morning at the gym, making up for last weekend. 60 minute spin class, 20 minute strength class, 60 minute yoga class, 45 minutes core and physical therapy exercises. Phew. 340/1750

Wow, I'm tired just reading this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter