Adults and Solo Trips Central ** Updated 5/8/07

I was thinking about being in the park in the afternoon to go to the Merry Mixer, so getting together for Illuminations sounds great. Mousefan38 there are some nice viewing angles from the theater side of the lake, however the best viewing angle is on the opposite side directly in front of the opening between Future World and the World Showcase.

I'm sorry that I can't join you all at EPCOT on 12/1 - I'll be arriving that afternoon and I'm just planning a quick visit to HS that evening.

Thanks for the invite, however on that day I will be staying over at the Beach Club and I am not particularly a morning person, so it is unlikely I could make it over to GF by that time. I have never been to the Grand, but I will be moving over to the Poly on the 4th, so if you will still be around after that date, I understand that it would be a short walk to come over.

I'll be there from tomorrow (the 1st) thru next Monday (the 7th) - no firm plans except for the MVMCP on the 3rd. I'm free to meet up any other time - let me know what works for you!

Last week my wife asked me if I would ever go to Disney solo. We visit two to three times a year since my first visit 10 years ago. I loved, but only seen the Osborne lights once as we come down for Halloween but leave before the Christmas switch. So ending this year I really wanted to see them one more time. My wife's schedule doesn't permit time off after Thanksgiving though. Ten Minutes after she asked me that she handed me a resort booking and flight confirmation for December 13th. Wonderful gift and gesture on her part! So I will be doing some soaring and lights for sure. Soaring will be down also after Christmas for the spring and summer for sure so it is a double blessing! What a surprise!

I am at Disney today (Dec. 10) through Saturday (Dec.12) but can drive in for extra fun until the 16th. BTW - if anyone wishes they may join me for drinking around the world tonight to celebrate my birthday (Dec. 10). I am planning on starting between 4-5pm - will have DISboards app on my phone so you may message me, or look for the 46 year old guy with the red dress shirt, black shorts, glasses and long hair. Also probably doing either Raglan Road or Jellyrolls tomorrow night (Dec. 11) if anyone wants to meet up.

starting that late to drink around the world is pro level. I salute you!

Solo over Christmas, if anyone might be there at that time. I'm a Haunted Mansion lover and a foodie, although gluten-free.

I always go solo. No one to say "I don't want to ride X or eat at Y or see Z." I get to do exactly what I want when I want where I want. So, if you want to find me, look around, I'm not hard to miss. I'm also celebrating my 30th visit to Walt Disney World.

Hi all, finalizing plans to attend 10th anniversary of the DIS Podcast celebration July 22-25, 2016. Unfortunately I will be traveling solo. :(
I and trying to decide between the Contemporary Resort and the Beach Club. I tend to like hanging out at EPCOT (Animal Kingdom is tied with EPCOT as my favorite parks) And I tend to stay at EPCOT/ Boardwalk area for access to amazing places to eat/drink. How many solo adult DIS'ers are staying at Boardwalk / Beach Club area? Anyone staying at The Contemporary?

Hello peoples!

Next Friday, o6/24, I'll be at Magic Kingdom. Leave a reply if you would like to meet up or tag along. Here's to a great summer!

Hello peoples!

Next Friday, o6/24, I'll be at Magic Kingdom. Leave a reply if you would like to meet up or tag along. Here's to a great summer!
Hi there, are you attending the DIS podcast anniversary events July 22-26, 2016?
I just booked into the Beach Club Friday - Monday.

That's so funny these are my exact dates for my solo trip. I'm doing wilderness lodge for the first time because they gave me an amazing offer on the trip. I got the 25% awaken summer plus since I'm traveling for a work conference (hosted at the contemporary) they gave me a free dining plan. Can't beat it. I would choose the contemporary or the boardwalk as they are both my favorites. Contemporary for the monorail and the boardwalk so you can walk to some of the nightlife

QUOTE="AKL Ranger, post: 55949362, member: 260046"]Hi all, finalizing plans to attend 10th anniversary of the DIS Podcast celebration July 22-25, 2016. Unfortunately I will be traveling solo. :(
I and trying to decide between the Contemporary Resort and the Beach Club. I tend to like hanging out at EPCOT (Animal Kingdom is tied with EPCOT as my favorite parks) And I tend to stay at EPCOT/ Boardwalk area for access to amazing places to eat/drink. How many solo adult DIS'ers are staying at Boardwalk / Beach Club area? Anyone staying at The Contemporary?[/QUOTE]

Doing my second solo Aug 29-Sept 2. Short trip because of work (gotta new show starting rehearsals Sept 4).
My last one was 2007. Staying at Caribbean Beach and renting a car this time. Frontier Airlines (God help me).
My only issue is dining alone. I miss having someone to talk with while having a table service meal and I am
overwhelmed at places like Liberty Tavern and Hoop-De-Doo. But I do enjoy just taking my time, sitting and
people watching and single rider lines.

I'll be solo at Disneyland August 21 to 23. I am always happy to hang out with anyone in the parks or have lunch or whatever, or if any locals want to play tour guide, just let me know. My priorities are seeing PTN and DLF before they are gone. Let me know if anyone cares to meet up.

Brian

Doing my second solo Aug 29-Sept 2. Short trip because of work (gotta new show starting rehearsals Sept 4).
My last one was 2007. Staying at Caribbean Beach and renting a car this time. Frontier Airlines (God help me).
My only issue is dining alone. I miss having someone to talk with while having a table service meal and I am
overwhelmed at places like Liberty Tavern and Hoop-De-Doo. But I do enjoy just taking my time, sitting and
people watching and single rider lines.
Hello, I am new to this site. Been thinking about a solo trip - I LOVE Disneyworld and have been there quite a few times. I just have no one to go with. The solo thing kind of scares me though. I don't want to feel completely alone on vacation and really don't like the idea of table service meals alone. Are you still going on these dates? Have you found anyone to join you yet? I'm 50 yr old female from NJ. My plan would be doing one Disneyworld park per day. Be lovely to hear from you:)

Hello, I am new to this site. Been thinking about a solo trip - I LOVE Disneyworld and have been there quite a few times. I just have no one to go with. The solo thing kind of scares me though. I don't want to feel completely alone on vacation and really don't like the idea of table service meals alone. Are you still going on these dates? Have you found anyone to join you yet? I'm 50 yr old female from NJ. My plan would be doing one Disneyworld park per day. Be lovely to hear from you:)
You know what... I thought the same thing about table service dining. I just finished up my second solo trip 2 weeks ago and I started to venture to some table service restaurants. Ohana was one of them. Not awkward at all. Then I did California grill at the bar twice that wasn't a big deal at all. Great meals and bartenders always make conversation. Dining solo is only as awkward as you make it. I'm from Philadelphia so NJ is not a stretch at all. Enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter