Adult dinning

Johnnie Graham

Earning My Ears
My wife and I will be coming back in July and we have the regular dining plan with two snacks one tableservice and one quick service per day looking for some good dining options we were in town over Thanksgiving and enjoy the California Grill and the Brown Derby but this trip we would like to try something different any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. PS this is just an adult trip

Thanks and have a magical day

What kind of experiences do you like? I believe that's the deluxe dining plan, not the regular.

My suggestion would be to go through the menus of the different restaurants and find something that you two would like.

Thanks, we are just looking for something different from our last trip. Maybe one or two signature dinning options. Thanks

we would like to try something different any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. PS this is just an adult trip

We only visit five TS eateries at WDW when we go there for an actual meal.
1) We prefer
. . . fine food
. . . excellent, top notch service
. . . innovative dishes with flair and quality
. . . overall great value
. . . relaxed and soothing dining atmosphere
. . . behaved and somewhat quiet patrons
2) The only sit-down restaurants we routinely visit,
. . . Sanaa - Animal Kingdom Villas Resort (one of my personal favs)
. . . Artist Point - Wilderness Lodge Resort
. . . Citricos - Grand Floridian Resort
. . . Shula's Steakhouse - Dolphin Resort (no DDP)
. . . Il Mulino - Swan Resort (no DDP)
3) Our (nearby) off-site Recommendations:
. . . Bull & Bear - Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek - Fine Dining
. . . Café D'Antonio - Celebration - Casual Italian
. . . Columbia - Celebration - Casual Spanish/Cuban
. . . Fish Bones - Hwy192 - Seafood
. . . Venetian Room - Caribe Royale Hotel - Fine Dining
. . . The Hotel Tea Room - Davenport, FL - Casual - Friday Steak-Fry, Afternoon Tea

To clarify....
The Delux DP includes 3 meals (in any combination of TS & CS...but signature dining restaurants would be 2 credits pp) and 2 snacks.

The standard DP includes 1 TS, 1 QS, and 2 snacks.

My fave restaurant is Artist Point. The steak there is out of this world. Their desserts, phenomenal. This place is seriously under rated. We also really love via napoli.

EDITED due to incorrect info on DP.

Last edited:
. Jiko
. Tiffins (new favourite!)
. Citricos
. Morimoto Asia (not sure if it's on the DDP)

We love Artist Point at WL. The resort is beautiful and the restaurant is very quiet with a unique menu, great food and great service. We love walking around the lobby to see the decor and stopping in the gift shop. It makes for a wonderful evening.

Tiffins in AK is wonderful. Try the steak! We really enjoy going to Nomad Lounge beforehand for a cocktail (made with freshly squeezed juices!) and then having dinner.

We also love Jiko. AKL is also a lovely resort to visit and the food and wine list at Jiko are very good!

Best meals I've had so far are California Grill, Le Cellier (steak), Sanaa (bread service), and Yachtsman (Steak). I heard Flying Fish is a new favorite for many.

My wife and I will be coming back in July and we have the regular dining plan with two snacks one tableservice and one quick service per day looking for some good dining options we were in town over Thanksgiving and enjoy the California Grill and the Brown Derby but this trip we would like to try something different any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. PS this is just an adult trip

Thanks and have a magical day

Other than adult-only Victoria & Albert,
-- blueZoo
-- Capa

....because I am assuming you are not using the dining plan for this meal.

To clarify....
The Delux DP includes 3 meals (in any combination of TS & CS...but signature dining restaurants would be 2 credits pp) and 2 snacks.

The standard DP includes 1 TS, 1 QS, and 1 snack.

My fave restaurant is Artist Point. The steak there is out of this world. Their desserts, phenomenal. This place is seriously under rated. We also really love via napoli.

Regular dining does have 2 snacks.

We just returned from our annual adults-only trip. We always enjoy Boma for brunch on our Animal Kingdom day. Nomad Lounge and Tiffins are great options. We tried Flying Fish on this trip and it might be my favorite dining experience ever.

Wow, i've been hiding under a rock apparently! My mistake! When did this change happen? I dont remember. :confused:

Anyway thanks for the info. I'll go back and edit my post. :)

I'm not sure when it happened, but the 2017 plan does have 2 snacks. The QS meal does not include dessert, and the TS meal does not include appetizer.

It changed for 2017...so very new :)

It actually makes me super happy because I'm staying at AoA and can totally get by with a smoothie for breakfast (yes, it's on the breakfast menu!!), which is a snack credit! So I'll still have my QS credit I can use in the parks! :)

It changed for 2017...so very new :)
Oh i see. Thats why i havent heard about it yet. Plus i havent had the DP in a while. Im surprised to hear there are 2 snacks now. People always use to complain with the old DP (1TS, 1QS, 1snack) about how they have so many credits leftover, its too much blah blah blah. Its a lot of food for sure...but its nice that we have options to buy snack item to take home with us. At least they don't go to waste.

Oh i see. Thats why i havent heard about it yet. Plus i havent had the DP in a while. Im surprised to hear there are 2 snacks now. People always use to complain with the old DP (1TS, 1QS, 1snack) about how they have so many credits leftover, its too much blah blah blah. Its a lot of food for sure...but its nice that we have options to buy snack item to take home with us. At least they don't go to waste.

My guess - and it is only that - is that they added the snack to make up for no dessert with the QS. Seems I remember on here people saying they were tired of the cookie or brownie choice. This way if you WANT dessert you can use a snack credit to get it, and it'll be just like before.

Or Disney is hoping people will forget about it and they'll make even more money on the plan.

It worked out well for the regular DP (which is what we have for our next trip via free dining) since we lost the QS dessert but gained a snack. Not so good for QSDP which lost 2 desserts but only gained one extra snack.

Still, I prefer snacks to desserts so personally am happy :)

It actually makes me super happy because I'm staying at AoA and can totally get by with a smoothie for breakfast (yes, it's on the breakfast menu!!), which is a snack credit! So I'll still have my QS credit I can use in the parks! :)

Along the same vein, the yogurt parfait at Pop was excellent for a snack credit and very filling for bfast :)

On the same note of improvements, the DXDDP DROPPED in price for 2017 (of course, after I splurged on it for our March 2016 trip lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter