Fire of the Rising Moons

Sjwillia

Mouseketeer
Hello. I am looking for feedback from anyone that has viewed the fireworks from Galaxy's Edge. Did you enjoy them? Is it difficult to get a viewing spot with a good view if you are under 5' tall? Do you need to claim a viewing spot hours in advance of the fireworks like you do on Main Street? Where did you view them from? TIA.

When we went there were 3 viewing areas and none of them filled up. I can't remember what they're all called, though! I just asked a CM in the evening where the best place was to watch from. It wasn't very crowded when we were there, but that might depend on the night. We arrived maybe 10 minutes before it started and had a good view because we were already in Galaxy's Edge anyway.

Last Sunday night we watched from the area right outside the entrance to Docking Bay. There were also people below us in front of the Millenium Falcon. Both areas have an excellent view and didn't seem especially crowded. We didn't see any children on an adult's shoulders or balloons in the air. We thought Disney did a good job integrating the Star Wars music to the fireworks.

Thanks for the reports. I’m surprised the view by the MF is as good as it is with Dak Ondar’s and Ronto Roasters obstructing a lot of the field of vision.

I went the first night,well, the second night because the first night (April 5th) was canceled due to wind.

We got there about 45 min before the start and stood close to ogas cantina

Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_8469.jpeg
    IMG_8469.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8473.jpeg
    IMG_8473.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8481.jpeg
    IMG_8481.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8490.jpeg
    IMG_8490.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_8497.jpeg
    IMG_8497.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8504.jpeg
    IMG_8504.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 11
I watched from the deck by Docking Bay 7 (the area where there are tables). The CMs come through and lower the umbrellas and let everyone know that it is standing room only (although, the folks seated at the rail tables, remained seated).

You can see the crowds milling around down by the Millennium Falcon before the show starts. The stairs leading down to that area is to the right.
IMG_0946.jpg

Once the show starts, the fireworks are going off behind and between the spires and to the right(ish). This is the opening fanfare the usually fames the castle. At the start of the show, there is a prologue and a lot of folks light up and hold up their lightsabers. For most part, they get turned off once the fireworks start (although a few did go back up during the Sith sequence...:darth:).
IMG_0948.JPEG

And this is either the Incinerator (Toy Story 3) scene or the Sith, depending on where you're watching the show. :)
IMG_0947.jpg

I do also recall watching them tape off a small area in front of the 'garage' (where the BD-X droids are and near the bounty hunter game kiosk) for fireworks as well.

I watched from the deck by Docking Bay 7 (the area where there are tables). The CMs come through and lower the umbrellas and let everyone know that it is standing room only (although, the folks seated at the rail tables, remained seated).

You can see the crowds milling around down by the Millennium Falcon before the show starts. The stairs leading down to that area is to the right.
View attachment 858226

Once the show starts, the fireworks are going off behind and between the spires and to the right(ish). This is the opening fanfare the usually fames the castle. At the start of the show, there is a prologue and a lot of folks light up and hold up their lightsabers. For most part, they get turned off once the fireworks start (although a few did go back up during the Sith sequence...:darth:).
View attachment 858228

And this is either the Incinerator (Toy Story 3) scene or the Sith, depending on where you're watching the show. :)
View attachment 858227

I do also recall watching them tape off a small area in front of the 'garage' (where the BD-X droids are and near the bounty hunter game kiosk) for fireworks as well.
Awesome, thank you!

Agree with everything previous watchers have posted. We saw them May 3rd right by the MF, arriving around 8:45pm to no benches or seats left, but tons of space in the middle. My 9yo got picked to be up front in a special taped-off section for ~5-10yo (no announcement or anything posted or said, just guessing the ages of the the two dozen kids) closer to the big door where Rey and Chewie come out and a couple of Jedi CMs handed them noise-making plastic lightsabers and led them in a lesson about 20 minutes before the fireworks. One parent gets to be in the section next to this to observe and take photos. It's as close to JTA as we're going to get for now, I guess. The kids return the lightsabers and go back to parents just before the show, and everyone was seated on the ground. Great view.
MTFBWY was different. I don't know if they did the lesson with the kids because we couldn't get anywhere near the Falcon. We snagged a table back on the walkway roughly by Kat Saka at 8:15pm, even though the area was pretty filled up. Three people stayed at the table, and three of us jumped in the standby for RotR. They were running that ride on ALL thrusters. I guessed 90-120 minute wait, lining up way out by the entrance to GE. We got out precisely at 9:30 to shoulder-to-shoulder crowds throughout GE as the fireworks began. I used the preserved walkway to walk to MF, snap a pic, and then returned to the table. Also took pics through the open portions of the roof in the marketplace. An imperfect, partially obstructed view at the table so low and far back, but we had seen it the day before, so music and vibes were fine. Lightsabers everywhere, SRO, held high as the show ended. Good times. (Photo is from May 4th.)
IMG_20240504_214126731.jpg

Agree with everything previous watchers have posted. We saw them May 3rd right by the MF, arriving around 8:45pm to no benches or seats left, but tons of space in the middle. My 9yo got picked to be up front in a special taped-off section for ~5-10yo (no announcement or anything posted or said, just guessing the ages of the the two dozen kids) closer to the big door where Rey and Chewie come out and a couple of Jedi CMs handed them noise-making plastic lightsabers and led them in a lesson about 20 minutes before the fireworks. One parent gets to be in the section next to this to observe and take photos. It's as close to JTA as we're going to get for now, I guess. The kids return the lightsabers and go back to parents just before the show, and everyone was seated on the ground. Great view.
MTFBWY was different. I don't know if they did the lesson with the kids because we couldn't get anywhere near the Falcon. We snagged a table back on the walkway roughly by Kat Saka at 8:15pm, even though the area was pretty filled up. Three people stayed at the table, and three of us jumped in the standby for RotR. They were running that ride on ALL thrusters. I guessed 90-120 minute wait, lining up way out by the entrance to GE. We got out precisely at 9:30 to shoulder-to-shoulder crowds throughout GE as the fireworks began. I used the preserved walkway to walk to MF, snap a pic, and then returned to the table. Also took pics through the open portions of the roof in the marketplace. An imperfect, partially obstructed view at the table so low and far back, but we had seen it the day before, so music and vibes were fine. Lightsabers everywhere, SRO, held high as the show ended. Good times. (Photo is from May 4th.)
View attachment 858514
Wow, thank you—this is the first I’ve heard of the Rey/Chewbacca preshow. I’m heading that way this week and trying to figure out where we should be to maximize the kids’ chances of getting selected (they are right in the middle of that target range). Is it by the falcon or more towards what would be the right of the screen in this picture?

Wow, thank you—this is the first I’ve heard of the Rey/Chewbacca preshow. I’m heading that way this week and trying to figure out where we should be to maximize the kids’ chances of getting selected (they are right in the middle of that target range). Is it by the falcon or more towards what would be the right of the screen in this picture?
Ok, to be clear, Rey and Chewie were NOT part of the lightsaber training. They were out around the Falcon both days multiple times, including around 5 or 6pm. Chewie was a ham and crowd lover, jumping into PhotoPass queues and hordes of fans to give bear hugs and be photographed.
But the training occurred near where I saw them emerge from the large dark brown door. We accidentally sat in the taped-off area right next to the training area. We were sitting by the fence around the ship when other people clarified where the fireworks would be. (We thought we had to face the back of the castle.) So we moved out directly in front of the ship. If you face the ship, the entry to the standby and LL lines is to your left, and the area where you sometimes see people playing with droids is to your right. Behind you would be the large "pelican box" style square seating cubes.
What we thought they were keeping clear for walking became where the kids went. It wasn't even clear what the kids were going to do. I actually thought they might be giving kids a great viewing spot in the "front" (given where everyone was facing to watch the show). Then Jedi-costumed (but not known, named characters) cast members came out and explained the lightsaber training, which was mostly a funny game of "Jedi Says," aka "Simon Says" doing lightsaber moves. They ended with a couple more "serious" sword moves, cheers from the crowd, and then they were gone, maybe a minute before the show started. I thought it was a fun and entertaining way to wait for fireworks for both participants and audience (and a decent ad for the less expensive lightsabers).
I had not heard anything about it, which is why I wanted to post about it. Was it just a MTFBWY weekend thing? (Although it was Friday, May 3rd, for us.) A weekend thing? An experiment they might repeat since it looked successful? I hope more kids get to do it.

Ok, to be clear, Rey and Chewie were NOT part of the lightsaber training. They were out around the Falcon both days multiple times, including around 5 or 6pm. Chewie was a ham and crowd lover, jumping into PhotoPass queues and hordes of fans to give bear hugs and be photographed.
But the training occurred near where I saw them emerge from the large dark brown door. We accidentally sat in the taped-off area right next to the training area. We were sitting by the fence around the ship when other people clarified where the fireworks would be. (We thought we had to face the back of the castle.) So we moved out directly in front of the ship. If you face the ship, the entry to the standby and LL lines is to your left, and the area where you sometimes see people playing with droids is to your right. Behind you would be the large "pelican box" style square seating cubes.
What we thought they were keeping clear for walking became where the kids went. It wasn't even clear what the kids were going to do. I actually thought they might be giving kids a great viewing spot in the "front" (given where everyone was facing to watch the show). Then Jedi-costumed (but not known, named characters) cast members came out and explained the lightsaber training, which was mostly a funny game of "Jedi Says," aka "Simon Says" doing lightsaber moves. They ended with a couple more "serious" sword moves, cheers from the crowd, and then they were gone, maybe a minute before the show started. I thought it was a fun and entertaining way to wait for fireworks for both participants and audience (and a decent ad for the less expensive lightsabers).
I had not heard anything about it, which is why I wanted to post about it. Was it just a MTFBWY weekend thing? (Although it was Friday, May 3rd, for us.) A weekend thing? An experiment they might repeat since it looked successful? I hope more kids get to do it.
Thanks for clarifying. I won’t mention anything to my kids and will report back if we see anything like it— assuming my day goes according to plan and we actually make it to the area in time…which I’m not betting my life on.

My DH was at GE on 4/27 and says they did not have any special lightsaber activity for kids before the fireworks. So it may have been a Star Wars Day thing.

We did go on Saturday and it was great. We arrived at the front of the Falcon around 9, and by 9:10 they started selecting kids for “a special celebration.” After 9:20 they handed out lightsabers (of varying shapes and colors) and then they took photo pass pictures of kids (weirdly with the MFSR overflow queue backdrop and not the falcon) and did maybe 2 minutes of Jedi says. Then the kids stayed in the area the whole firework show (which we enjoyed but would have preferred to watch together as a family).

In short, I would highly recommend watching fireworks from Galaxy’s Edge if you are (or ever have been) a big Star Wars fan.

I’m hoping they keep this going through summer…it looks so cool and I love all the John Williams music. I watched a little bit of fireworks last summer from GE but it was really weird then cause there was no sound.

I hope it's permanent too. It offers another viable location to watch the fireworks, but with a completely different feel. I love the concept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter