ADR System Upgrade - History

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have any problems booking my ADR's on my 90 day mark other than having to be on hold for an unbelieveable amount of time something like 1 hour or a lil longer. I also had to call back to make another set of ressies that I didn't make originally and it was not as bad of a wait. I think my hold problem was really from my 90 day mark falling on the launch of the new system.

I got all of my ressies I wanted. But having them changed on the other hand (a few weeks down the road) was a more difficult issue. But it is all good and eventually did work itself out in the end--my original ressie was the better choice. So not being able to change them was all good anyhow!

I will be there in less than 73 hours enjoying my ressies! :goodvibes

I got:
Mama Melrose Fantasmic for 2
Le Cellier for 3
Dinner with Cindy for 2 at the Castle
50's Prime Time
Luau Show for 3
Kona Cafe' for 2
Cape May for 2
Rose and Crown for 2

All of them originally booked for 3 people then some changed to for 2 ressies a few days later. Good thing my pal from orlando is gonna meet up with us for the Luau and Le Cellier to take up the 3rd seat.

Just as a counterpoint, we tried a few times to get Le Cellier, and never during free dining, at 180+ days out, and never did - until this past trip at the end of April, and got it on the first try at the 90+10 window.

Same for me.. We've been the past 4 years in a row, and i was never, ever able to get Le Cellier for anytime! But this year we got it with 90+10 during free dining?!? Makes no sense! Maybe it was all the worrying I was doing about where in the world I was going to eat if I couldnt get any ADRs that threw some pixie dust my way and gave us everything!

PS-- when will Septembers hours come out? My Calif. Grill ressie is on 9/1 at 7:45 and I'm wondering if we'll be able to see fireworks (i wanted to make it in Aug so I would be sure, but no luck for that one)

Just as a counterpoint, we tried a few times to get Le Cellier, and never during free dining, at 180+ days out, and never did - until this past trip at the end of April, and got it on the first try at the 90+10 window.

I guess we all have different experiences. I have never had a problem getting Le Cellier or Ohana at 180 days+10 for my March trip which is in Spring Break.

And I know that if they had changed it to 90 days for my past March trip, I
would have had problems as well since the 4/3 promotion had increased the crowd level at that time. In the past, Spring break was busy, but manageable. The wait times this past March was horrible. It was like everyone was there. I was surprised that they didn't close the park. I have never seen it that busy (however, I have, also, never been there during July or Christmas so I'm not so used to that crowd level).

And I did want to reiterate that in the past with the 180 days+10 ADRs window, we had always been able to get Le Cellier and Ohana twice for each trip. This August trip, I was only able to get Le Cellier once. Now, unfortunately, I don't think it just has something to do with Free Dining (although it did add to the mess), but now that it's 90days, I feel that I will continue to have problems getting the ADRs that I want.:sad2:

Or, hypothetically speaking, what if they never actually indended to stay on-site at all, and were just using a dummy booking to provided them with an extra 10 day ADR window....?

Andre
Yes, I did think of that. Unfortunately, I don't think there's any way for Disney to police that without ruining trips for the honest folks out there in the process. :confused3

Sometimes I do wish I was dishonest enough to take advantage of the various loopholes, it would make my life easier, LOL. But, alas, I'm not. :rotfl:

There have been several mentions of the 90+10 day rule as specific for on site guests seen in various threads on DIS.

It seems to me there are several schools of thought on this ...

1. At your 90 day date you can make ressies for a total of 10 days (June 1/June 10). i.e. 90+9 more =10 days total

2. At your 90 day date you can make ressies for a total of 11 days (June 1/June 11) i.e. 90+10 more = 11 days total

3. At your 90 day date you can actually make ressies 10 days earlier than that date (May 23/Jun 1) i.e at 100 days out

I hope this makes some kinda sense as I'm confused too ...

Interpretations welcome.

NASCAR at Dover this weekend. STAY CLEAR !!

Actually it's #2 - I was able to make ressies for 8/7-8/17 -which if you count the actual days it's 11.

Now that the TA's have been using the online system for two weeks, any anticipated dates for the system going online for all? Thanks!

Does anyone know if Ohana is hard to get for the Stitch breakfast or is it just the dinner that is hard???

I too did not have a problem booking LeCellier last September but remember people were asking if they had room while we were waiting for our table and they were told they were booked solid for the whole week.

We are part of a Grand Gathering in October. Due to the fact that my girls and I are coming in a day early, and I am the over-planner in the group, I have been nominated to make everyone's ADRs. So I was wondering...
1. Can I make ADRs for the entire grand gathering of 15 people?
2. My sister and her boyfriend aren't sure which days they will be able to join us, so should I include them in all of our reservations (bringing our group total to 17) or not? Does Disney require a cancellation if it is a small portion of the party? Will it be easier to get ressies if there are two fewer of us? Can we add them to the ressie when we show up at the restaurant? Not quite sure what to do. Please help!:eek:

I made reservations for a party of 20. Depending on the restaurant disney dining could not make the reservation and they told me to call the restuarant directly. In some cases I had to leave a message and someone from the restaurant then returned my call. So I would call Disney Dining first and I would definitely make reservations for all 17. It is much harder to add people later. I did not ask what to do if fewer people were coming, but I have had this happen in the past and we just told them at the podium. I was not told at that time, that I should have called ahead, but maybe ask when you are making the reservation what they suggest. It may be easier to do 15 then 17, but if you won't know at that time if they are coming I would start with 17 and if no seating for the times you want try 15.

Best wishes

Jen

I know there has been much discussion about this topic and on line ADR's being available soon. Last I heard TA were able to use it but not the general public. We will be making our ADR's on 6/6 and was just wondering if it would be available!

Any updates? Its going to cost me a bomb calling from UK to get ADRS, luckly i have a 1p a min number, but still.
Come on disney we want online ADRs now :worship:

I know there has been much discussion about this topic and on line ADR's being available soon. Last I heard TA were able to use it but not the general public. We will be making our ADR's on 6/6 and was just wondering if it would be available!

Any updates? Its going to cost me a bomb calling from UK to get ADRS, luckly i have a 1p a min number, but still.
Come on disney we want online ADRs now :worship:

I don't expect to see online ADRs until Disney gets some of the bugs worked out of the system as-is. It seems like they're making progress - we're not seeing reports of the system crashing or being down every day any more - but it is still pretty unstable under the current load. Until we see at least a few days or more without reports of the system going down, I wouldn't expect to see it open to the general public for online booking.

I'm still hoping it won't come up before my ADR date. I'd rather hassle with a phone call than not get the ADRs I want because of computer problems!

I was just reading in the September Hours thread that the system crashed again this morning. You'd think Disney could afford better computer systems. :rotfl:

The computer crashed AGAIN!!!! This is becoming a joke and not a funny one at that. The system can only be as good as the programmers and I would not want to say I worked in the IT department at disney right now!!

I read somewhere that tentatively online reservations would be available on or around May 26. Has this date been pushed back?

I am assuming so since disney dining hasn't been able to keep their system from crashing almost daily

I just canceled our ADR reservation for 9 people @8:10am on Sunday, Sept 6 at the Akershus Norway - Princess Storybook Breakfast.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone needed that time slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter