Adding on a day to a UT ticket?

Did this change recently, because it was always my understanding that when price bridging (what we have had to do in the past) you had to have used the pass at least once for Disney to not know that it was a discounted pass from UT and get the full value. Then as long as you hadn't used the last day on it you can upgrade or add additional days to it within 14 days. Is this now wrong or has it always been wrong? Cause now I'm feeling dumb for having jumped through additional hoops in the past
Don't feel bad! Using your ticket first before you upgrade was standard advice for a long time. It's only been in the past year or two, I believe, that the advice has changed.

Did this change recently, because it was always my understanding that when price bridging (what we have had to do in the past) you had to have used the pass at least once for Disney to not know that it was a discounted pass from UT and get the full value. Then as long as you hadn't used the last day on it you can upgrade or add additional days to it within 14 days. Is this now wrong or has it always been wrong? Cause now I'm feeling dumb for having jumped through additional hoops in the past

As noted, this was the standard advice. But, using the ticket didn't matter for me. When I tried to price bridge at DHS GR (after going through the turnstiles) years ago, the CM would only credit me the amount the reseller paid Disney for the ticket and told me the amount noted in his computer. I wasn't credited what I actually paid or the current gate price. I was able to correct it at EPCOT, on another day, but I had to argue and was made to feel like I was stealing from Disney.

I'm trying it again this year. Wish me luck.

You can add days anytime before the end of the last day on the ticket, at the ticket booths or GR, with or without using them to enter a park.

Tacking onto this thread since I have a number of days FP question.

I have 3 left of the old non-expiration tickets. The real NE ones that do not expire after first use.

I also have a non activated AP that I will activate when I go later this year on a week long, resort stay.

How many days will I be able to book FPs, 3 or 7?

Tacking onto this thread since I have a number of days FP question.

I have 3 left of the old non-expiration tickets. The real NE ones that do not expire after first use.

I also have a non activated AP that I will activate when I go later this year on a week long, resort stay.

How many days will I be able to book FPs, 3 or 7?

So to make sure I understand this correctly...

I purchased a 7 day hopper with water parks from UT before the Feb. price hike. If I bought the same ticket from Disney right now, it would be $532.50 (tax included). If I add, say, an eighth day, would I only have to pay the $11 or so that is shown on Disney's website as the price difference between their 7 and 8 day versions of this ticket, or would I have to pay more than that because I bought from Undercover Tourist?

I purchased a 7 day hopper with water parks from UT before the Feb. price hike. If I bought the same ticket from Disney right now, it would be $532.50 (tax included). If I add, say, an eighth day, would I only have to pay the $11 or so that is shown on Disney's website as the price difference between their 7 and 8 day versions of this ticket, or would I have to pay more than that because I bought from Undercover Tourist?

The issue isn't that you bought it from UT, but that you bought it before the price increase. I think you'd have to pay the difference between the gate price of the 7 day ticket before the price increase, and the current gate price of an 8 day ticket.

ETA: Post #5 of this thread confirms this:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-at-wdw.3570721/#post-56958170

Good question. It used to be just the difference between the current tickets, but with changes to upgrading after Feb, now I don't know how it'll be handled. There is a huge $$$ difference between the two!

Good question. It used to be just the difference between the current tickets, but with changes to upgrading after Feb, now I don't know how it'll be handled. There is a huge $$$ difference between the two!

The thread I linked in my last post says how it will be handled and I trust Robo to have thoroughly looked into it before he posted it.

The thread I linked in my last post says how it will be handled and I trust Robo to have thoroughly looked into it before he posted it.

I'd like to hear real world experiences, too. Upgrading third party tickets isn't handled the same every time, unfortunately.

I guess we won't be adding a day onto my family's tickets. Before tax, it will cost us $56 each instead of $20, because I purchased them in 2016.

I'd like to hear real world experiences, too. Upgrading third party tickets isn't handled the same every time, unfortunately.

I guess we won't be adding a day onto my family's tickets. Before tax, it will cost us $56 each instead of $20, because I purchased them in 2016.
There is a thread somewhere in the theme park strategy forum about the ticket price hike this year and real world experiences upgrading since then. Many posters have posted that tickets they bought prior to Feb 12th 2017 (or from a reseller that were issued by Disney prior to that date) are only being given the value of the ticket as of Feb 11th 2017. A few have reported being given a one time exception (getting the current value) but that is not the norm. There is a ticketing CM (@ravenclawtrekkie) who regularly posts here who has confirmed this is the official procedure now.

I knew about that for my AP upgrade. I just blanked it out for adding days, for some reason! Though, my last upgrade experience in 2012 didn't follow the previous known procedure and I had quite a bit of trouble. It has made me skeptical and a thread about someone's daughter having trouble getting the old gate price credited didn't allay my misgivings.

The Ticket Sticky thread has guest reports.

Oh dear. No consistency among CMs when upgrading, adding days to older tickets is still a grey area, and I'll likely have a file started on me :P

My first upgrade attempt is on 5/30 at DS GR and I'll ask about adding a day to old 5 day PHs. I'll report back on the sticky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter