Adding on a day to a UT ticket?

megs1313

DIS Veteran
Is this possible??? I know it's easy to do with tickets purchased direct from Disney, but this is my first time using UT tickets. I'm hoping to be able to add a day or two to our existing 6. Also, is there a way to find out the cost for the extra days? It's 1 child and 1 adult. TIA!

Is this possible??? I know it's easy to do with tickets purchased direct from Disney, but this is my first time using UT tickets. I'm hoping to be able to add a day or two to our existing 6. Also, is there a way to find out the cost for the extra days? It's 1 child and 1 adult. TIA!
You have to wait until you get to Disney to upgrade the tickets. It will cost the difference between the gate price of the ticket you currently have and the gate price of the ticket to which you are upgrading.

I try to talk about only one ticket at a time.
It's so much easier to break the prices down.
Then, its easy to multiply by the number of tickets that you want to upgrade.

(Tickets can be upgraded as many times as a guest wants, up to the limit
of 10 days, total.)

It costs $15 to add one day to a 6-day ticket.
It costs $10 to add one day to a 7-day ticket.

(All prices, plus 6.5% tax.)

So we have to do it at WDW which means we can't make FP for that added day ahead of time, right?

So we have to do it at WDW which means we can't make FP for that added day ahead of time, right?

That's the way I understand it. We bought UT tix in 2015, 8 day hoppers, made FP choices for the 8 60 days out, upgraded to APs when there then tacked on FPs for the last 2 days. We did OK.

Bill From PA

Correct, you can make the FP+ reservations for the number of days you currently have on the ticket. You can either make the first X number of days of FP+ reservations, or you can use the current number of days on the ticket to make the days with the hardest-to-get FP+ reservations. Then, once you upgrade at Disney, you can make your additional day of FP+ reservations.

Sorry to bump an old post and sorry that this has, I'm sure, already been addressed. When I add the day (at the park) is the difference in price the difference between what I paid to UT or the difference in price from Disney. Thanks!

Sorry to bump an old post and sorry that this has, I'm sure, already been addressed. When I add the day (at the park) is the difference in price the difference between what I paid to UT or the difference in price from Disney. Thanks!

Once the ticket is activated, you will get the Disney value not the UT value. But you have to use it for the first time, then visit Guest Relations.

Depends on when you bought the ticket. Disney stopped selling tickets without any expiration date (for redeeming) on Feb 11th 2017. All tickets sold after that date now have an expiration date of Dec 31st 2018. Due to that change Disney now knows the max you could have paid for the ticket (based on the expiration date or lack there of). If your ticket is from old UT ticket stock (has no expiration date) Disney will give you the gate value it held on Feb 11th 2017. If you have a new ticket they will give you the current gate value (assuming you are redeeming it in the near future). As time goes on this will change as the expiration date will allow them to track the ticket's value toward a ticket upgrade so the older a ticket is the more it will cost to upgrade it.

Thanks all! I keep flip flopping on how many days I want to do....Now I'm freaking that I didn't get enough days. FYI I just bought it and we are using it in Sep/Oct.

Thanks all! I keep flip flopping on how many days I want to do....Now I'm freaking that I didn't get enough days. FYI I just bought it and we are using it in Sep/Oct.

In this circumstance, you will not suffer any monetary penalty if you want to ADD a day or more.
The only downside is that you won't be able to do so until you arrive at WDW.
So... you won't be able to advance-book FP+ for the day(s) for which you don't have advance-purchased tickets.

So, what is correct? (Sorry Robo, you posted at the same time I did)

Principally, there is no advantage (or "effect on") using a ticket before upgrading it.

Also, the cost to add days (or upgrade tickets, in general) depends on the DATE that the original ticket was "minted" (created) by Disney.
And, that date is not necessarily the date that the guest PURCHASED the ticket from an authorized reseller (like UT.)

In this circumstance, you will not suffer any monetary penalty if you want to ADD a day or more.
The only downside is that you won't be able to do so until you arrive at WDW.
So... you won't be able to advance-book FP+ for the day(s) for which you don't have advance-purchased tickets.

As usual, thanks Robo. My tix do have an expiration date on them, I missed the old tickets by quite some time I believe. Thank you again!

Sorry, but this info is incorrect.

Did this change recently, because it was always my understanding that when price bridging (what we have had to do in the past) you had to have used the pass at least once for Disney to not know that it was a discounted pass from UT and get the full value. Then as long as you hadn't used the last day on it you can upgrade or add additional days to it within 14 days. Is this now wrong or has it always been wrong? Cause now I'm feeling dumb for having jumped through additional hoops in the past

Last edited:
Did this change recently, because it was always my understanding that when price bridging (what we have had to do in the past) you had to have used the pass at least once for Disney to not know that it was a discounted pass from UT and get the full value. Then as long as you hadn't used the last day on it you can upgrade or add additional days to it within 14 days. Is this now wrong or has it always been wrong? Cause now I'm feeling dumb for having jumped through additional hoops in the past

In short, it is not necessary to the price bridging process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter