added 2 days at LM as a surprise! what do I do now?

lmbcdb

DIS Veteran
I got Spirit to move our flight 2 days earlier with no change fees! (happy dance) We had all talked about AoA but it is out of our price range. So we are doing free dining at CSR. There is availabilty at little mermaid for our new arrival date!

I want to keep it a surprise from everyone, including DH. Where do I go from here? I need to pay for the LM room, but we share all money. I also need to get packed early. I also need to add 2 days of tickets. Any ideas? Anything else I need to do?

I think I have figured out how to pack early. We have some family friends that can get everyone out of the house while their mom and I have a "girl's night".

Tickets I also figured out. (someone on another thread helped me)

But, I still haven't figured out how to pay for the LM room. I could ask my mom, but I'd rather do it. Any "stories" I could tell DH about a DW charge of $100 on our card? Another thought I had was to buy a GC and then use it pay for it. Then tell DH I was buying a GC for our trip for the kids. (done this in the past)

The GC would probably be the best story to use! Or, you could ask your mom to pay for it and pay her back with cash, and if your DH asks what it was for, just tell him she had an emergency that she didn't have the funds for, so you let her borrow $100 until she can pay you back.

Could you buy a disney gift card from Target or your local grocery store. That charge would just show up as a charge to the store. You can then call Disney and pay for the room with the gift card

that last is a great idea! The gift cards at Target are in $50 denominations so it wouldn't have to be the full amount all at once.

Thanks for all the ideas!

I ended up getting GCs at Kroger. We had already discussed (a few months ago) pre-buying GCs a few at a time before our trip so we don't have a big hit that month on our "tab". (KTTW charges - tips, PL, BBB, souveniers)

I also ended up getting fuel discount points to boot! 30 cents off my fill-up.

He IMed me after I bought them (we get texts whenever a withdrawl is made) and I just told him it was Disney GCs. He hasn't mentioned it since, so I think I'm in the clear!

So, I'm all booked! I paid the deposit, and will pay the balance when we get there and everyone already knows!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter