• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Abu's AWESOME August 2015 - W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge! Any & All Welcome to Join!

My biggest life change this week is....learning to live with the hunger....and not feel deprived! I have been successful maybe two out of seven days, some days I suffer a little less than others. Some nights I just suffer terribly! But thinking about how good I'll feel in the morning is getting me through the suffering. This is week two of working out at the gym. I'm going for three days this week and my gym goal is: to try and look forward to it, rather than dread going. This will be a monumental goal for me over the long term. I've never stuck with it. So...new day...new "rest of my life"! I want to be healthy. That is the real goal in all of this....to live a healthy life. Happy Monday Everyone!

QOTD - August 10, 2015:

If you are unhappy with your results last week, what, if anything, will you do differently this week? If you're happy with your results, will you change anything for the week ahead?

I'm definitely happy with my results, but I can do better. I wasn't so great with the fruits and veggies last week, so I'm going to work on being better about that this week. I had 5 servings of fruits & veggies on Saturday, 3 yesterday, and 1 so far today. My goal is to get a total of 4 today, but we'll see how it goes since I'll be out of the house all afternoon.

Bonus QOTD:

How is everyone feeling about the "live more simply" changes made last Monday? Any noticeable improvements from them??

Later in the week, once I had implemented the changes, I think I was a little less stressed, which is always a good thing. I'm hoping to continue it this week and hopefully it will still cut down on the stress!

QOTD - August 10, 2015:

If you are unhappy with your results last week, what, if anything, will you do differently this week? If you're happy with your results, will you change anything for the week ahead?

Bonus QOTD:

How is everyone feeling about the "live more simply" changes made last Monday? Any noticeable improvements from them??

I am definitely happy with my first week results. What I am doing is working - therefore I will keep it up until it no longer works for me.

As for the changes made from last week... it turned out that the "extra 10 minutes" in the morning helped get me out the door at the same time. Something inevitability went wrong each morning and that buffer of time prevented me from being late to work. I've maintained that buffer time this morning and found my commute to be a little less stressful this morning. So I think I'll maintain that too!

PS: I packed my kitchen this weekend and my legs are so sore! I can't believe that packing up dishes and all the other things hidden away in cabinets would create so many opportunities for extra exercise. Our moving weekend is going to be exhausting - running a 5K and moving/unpacking boxes. I'm scared just thinking about it!

QOTD: Last week I brought my gym clothes with me to work on two different days so that I could just pop into the gym on my way home and ended up going to the gym both days that I brought them! So I'm thinking that I have a better chance of going to the gym if I don't put it off until later at night. So this week I plan on bringing my gym clothes with me all week to see if I can get in all 5 days! That would be a huge lifestyle change that would help make my number go up! Although last week's results were great. Any loss is good to me!

QOTD: Last week I brought my gym clothes with me to work on two different days so that I could just pop into the gym on my way home and ended up going to the gym both days that I brought them!

This so much... I've learned that going home and saying "i'll go to the gym later" won't happen because that couch calls out to you and you succumb to its relaxing powers. So excited that you made it both days! Congrats! :)

hey gang......I'm already behind. not sure why I thought Aug would be so drastically different from July..this summer is kicking my butt! in good things, taking youngest DD to college next week and look at my ticker..i'm less than a month to our Alaskan cruise/Seattle trip ! I sadly have not lost anything this month, my meds are out of whack again. The humidity is hard on a body that can't regulate electrolytes ;( hoping to be more present here and less in the snack drawer!

I'm so behind! People are making great progress!! Proud and delighted to be z member of this group!!!

QOTD - August 10, 2015:

Bonus QOTD:

I'm neutral about my results last week. I also know that I'm coasting right now. I'm eating and activity-ing (yes, that is a word) much better than I was two months ago but I'm also cutting a lot of corners. And it is slamming the brakes on my progress. I need to focus more on nutrition and less on calories.

Bonus QOTD:

My simple living goals was merely to hang up my rejected clothes in the morning. It mostly worked! My bedroom chair was all but empty Saturday morning and it to me only about 3 minutes to get the laundry started. Of course I didn't actually manage to fold or put away the clean laundry but at least there is no question that everyone in the pile is indeed clean. Baby steps.

Last edited:
This so much... I've learned that going home and saying "i'll go to the gym later" won't happen because that couch calls out to you and you succumb to its relaxing powers. So excited that you made it both days! Congrats! :)
Excellent plan! I can relate...once I'm down watching TV...it's over!

hey gang......I'm already behind. not sure why I thought Aug would be so drastically different from July..this summer is kicking my butt! in good things, taking youngest DD to college next week and look at my ticker..i'm less than a month to our Alaskan cruise/Seattle trip ! I sadly have not lost anything this month, my meds are out of whack again. The humidity is hard on a body that can't regulate electrolytes ;( hoping to be more present here and less in the snack drawer!
You know what....this happens. The important thing is you don't beat yourself up for it....but...set a time to get things back on track. Otherwise, that slippery slope just keeps pulling you down.

Good morning, everyone! Sorry this is going to be short today, but I stayed home from work yesterday and am paying for it dearly today. UGH.

Today marks one year since the world lost Robin Williams, who is special to our group because August is Abu's month, and as we all know, Robin Williams voiced the Genie in Aladdin! Please, my intention with mentioning this loss is NOT to open up a debate about actions or decisions he made in his personal life.

aladdin-genie-funny-face-main.jpg

QOTD - Tuesday, August 11, 2015

If a genie came to you and told you he would grant you THREE wishes, what would they be? Typical genie rules apply! Can't make anyone fall in love, can't bring anyone back from the dead, and no wishing for unlimited wishes! :)

AladdinGenieBottle1f.gif

I'm so behind! People are making great progress!! Proud and delighted to be z member of this group!!!

I'm neutral about my results last week. I also know that I'm coasting right now. I'm eating and activity-ing (yes, that is a word) much better than I was two months ago but I'm also cutting a lot of corners. And it is slamming the breaks on my progress. I need to focus more on nutrition and less on calories.

Bonus QOTD:

My simple living goals was merely to hang up my rejected clothes in the morning. It mostly worked! My bedroom chair was all but empty Saturday morning and it to me only about 3 minutes to get the laundry started. Of course I didn't actually manage to fold or put away the clean laundry but at least there is no question that everyone in the pile is indeed clean. Baby steps.
I love your Activity-ing! Baby steps is good. Any start is a start vs. no start at all. I had a conversation with my cousin last week who wants to lose weight. Every suggestion I gave her....every one....she came up with a roadblock as to why she couldn't do it. Finally I just said....unless you come up with a plan that you can start, you won't lose weight. The ball is in her court!

Tuesday Genie Wishes: Good Health for all my family, Peace on Earth, Meet and Greet with someone from another Planet! (My first thought was going for the unlimited wishes thingy...lol!)

Yes! i could maybe go 2-3 times a week with the "I'll go later" attitude. But it really just wasn't consistent so every week I was starting all over again. Plus I feel like such a grown up going straight to the gym after work. ;) Thanks!

QOTD - Tuesday, August 11, 2015

If a genie came to you and told you he would grant you THREE wishes, what would they be? Typical genie rules apply! Can't make anyone fall in love, can't bring anyone back from the dead, and no wishing for unlimited wishes! :)

1) Happiness and prosperity for my husband and me
2) Put me at my goal weight and allow me to stay there ~forever~ ... no matter how many sweets and treats I eat!
3) Yearly, all-expenses paid trips to Disneyworld -- staying in the Grand Floridian in a 2 bedroom suite w/ Club Access. Why not go for the best of the best ;)

I'm sure there are other things that I want, but really... I'm simple. I just want want to live a comfortable life where I travel... and look good.

1) Happiness and prosperity for my husband and me
2) Put me at my goal weight and allow me to stay there ~forever~ ... no matter how many sweets and treats I eat!
3) Yearly, all-expenses paid trips to Disneyworld -- staying in the Grand Floridian in a 2 bedroom suite w/ Club Access. Why not go for the best of the best ;)

I'm sure there are other things that I want, but really... I'm simple. I just want want to live a comfortable life where I travel... and look good.
I'm in with number 2 and 3! Got to think quick when that genie comes! Don't want to miss out on a good wish.

Hmmm.... I'd like to wish for world peace and harmony but these genie wishes always have a tendency to go bad. :)

So I am going to wish for

1. Wealth. Lots and lots of it. I want my own plane. And houses in more than a few places. But I also want a foundation that would feed a whole lot of people.

2. Happiness (since money doesn't equal happiness by itself)

3. Health (which would have to include the body of my dreams :D)

Happy WOOHOO Wednesday, everybody! We're that much closer to Friday!

GENIE-DANCE-GIF.gif

QOTD - Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What's making you WOOHOO today?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter