ABCs of Trip Reporting, Pt. 2-Life Can Be Crappy and Then You Move On (3/7)

:cool1::cool1: That is so cool. What a great moment in time. Actually 2 moments in time.

Just brings tears to my eyes reading it. :cloud9:

I too have tears. What a special moment. I'm glad you got to be a part of that.:thumbsup2

How special that the ladies got to re-live their fondest memories! Wow - that is the theme for this year - seems like Disney could jump on that one!:goodvibes

Beautiful story Leisa! So nice to capture that moment....and relive history, how special... thanks for sharing with us. :)

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes! What a wonderful memory!

Jill in CO

I too have tears. What a special moment. I'm glad you got to be a part of that.:thumbsup2

Okay good, so it's not just me! I'm glad I'm having lunch with my office door closed at the moment.

Liesa, wonderful telling of a very touching story. I'm glad that you got to watch them reliving some of their fondest moments.

What a beautiful and magical story, Liesa! It is just so great to read and see all this Disney history your family has lived through. No wonder those CMs totally freaked out hearing about that. Thanks for sharing it with us! And I can't wait to see the original photo :mickeyjum

Oh Liesa, what a touching moment you shared with us! Add me to the list of weepy women (and Glenn!) Thank you.:goodvibes Goodness, Disney can mean something so very special to so many people, can't it. I hope you are able to post the original picture of the teeny boppers! Sounds like you ladies had a magnificient time together and relived lots of memories and experiences. I was beginning to wonder if you spent more time eating at Carnation or in the bathrooms.:laughing: Seems like a toss up to me.:laughing: What a truly magical trip for you all, no wonder the CM was blown away by your photos and story. I can't recall if you've mentioned or not but how is your sweet Aunt doing?

Ok Liesa, you put me over the edge here :sad1:

I spent last night watching a DVD of a christmas concert my son did the Christmas before my brother died, my brother played in the concert (which I had remembered and was the reason I popped the dvd in) but he also read a story about the Christmas truce during WWI (which I had forgotten he had done and totally startled me hearing his voice again)

After that I got on here and tried to get caught up on Tim's report and read about his magical Castle photo moment

Then today my youngest son has informed me that he is mad at me because I am not will to drive 45 miles to go to the Cubs Caravan while we are getting our first snow of the year (2-5 inches), the winds are up to 17 mph, and freezing fog.

And now I get on here and read about this magical photo opportunity....

Way to just wring the last little bit of emotion out of me.
.........but in a good way!!:hug:

I cant wait to see the original too. Maybe we should start an email campaign to Carol ;)

Wow! What a story. Truly, an amazing moment.

Let me join the chorus who would love to see the original picture! I'm really glad the CM's there understood and appreciated the moment. :goodvibes

Such a great story!! Brought tears to my eyes! Hopefully we do get to see the original picture.

Wow. Just WOW! What a wonderful way to end my DIS session this morning. An utterly moving story. Thank you!

What a beautiful story! Like many others here it brought tears to my eyes. and what a wonderful memory made for the ladies to be standing in exactly the same place over 50 years later and still together.

Terri

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes! What a wonderful memory!

Jill in CO

Thanks, Jill :) It was truly a wonderful memory to get!

:cool1::cool1: That is so cool. What a great moment in time. Actually 2 moments in time.

Yup, it was a cool twofer!

I am too!!!

How special that the ladies got to re-live their fondest memories! Wow - that is the theme for this year - seems like Disney could jump on that one!:goodvibes

I know!! If I can get that original, I will def. send it in for them to consider!

Beautiful story Leisa! So nice to capture that moment....and relive history, how special... thanks for sharing with us. :)

Thanks, Wendy!! You are so welcome!

What a beautiful story!

Thanks, Tina!!

Okay good, so it's not just me! I'm glad I'm having lunch with my office door closed at the moment.

Liesa, wonderful telling of a very touching story. I'm glad that you got to watch them reliving some of their fondest moments.

Sorry, that one should have come with a Tissue Warning... ;)

It was definitely a day that was beautiful in so many more ways than one!! :cloud9:

What a beautiful and magical story, Liesa! It is just so great to read and see all this Disney history your family has lived through. No wonder those CMs totally freaked out hearing about that. Thanks for sharing it with us! And I can't wait to see the original photo :mickeyjum

Thanks!! And yes, there is so much Disney history amongst us that's always fun to re-tell! Hopefully, I'll get that photo soon!

Oh Liesa, what a touching moment you shared with us! Add me to the list of weepy women (and Glenn!) Thank you.:goodvibes Goodness, Disney can mean something so very special to so many people, can't it. I hope you are able to post the original picture of the teeny boppers! Sounds like you ladies had a magnificient time together and relived lots of memories and experiences. I was beginning to wonder if you spent more time eating at Carnation or in the bathrooms.:laughing: Seems like a toss up to me.:laughing: What a truly magical trip for you all, no wonder the CM was blown away by your photos and story. I can't recall if you've mentioned or not but how is your sweet Aunt doing?

hmmm... Carnation vs. the Bathrooms. I'd say after my iced coffee(s) and their iced teas, it was probably a toss up. :laughing:

My aunt is now almost totally bed-ridden and on O2; hospice says they are giving her around 5 months or less now. So, so sad to see such suffering... yet uplifting to see such an inner strength and peace. She is amazing! :worship:

Ok Liesa, you put me over the edge here :sad1:

I spent last night watching a DVD of a christmas concert my son did the Christmas before my brother died, my brother played in the concert (which I had remembered and was the reason I popped the dvd in) but he also read a story about the Christmas truce during WWI (which I had forgotten he had done and totally startled me hearing his voice again)'

Oh wow, that would bring back some good memories, yet be painful to remember how much he's missed!

After that I got on here and tried to get caught up on Tim's report and read about his magical Castle photo moment

And yes, THAT was quite the tear jerker too!

Then today my youngest son has informed me that he is mad at me because I am not will to drive 45 miles to go to the Cubs Caravan while we are getting our first snow of the year (2-5 inches), the winds are up to 17 mph, and freezing fog.

The word "whiner" comes to mind here... but I have to confess, I am no stranger to the pain our kids can inflict when they harbor unjustified anger at us. Hate that!

And now I get on here and read about this magical photo opportunity....

Way to just wring the last little bit of emotion out of me.
.........but in a good way!!:hug:

I cant wait to see the original too. Maybe we should start an email campaign to Carol ;)

Always glad to wring the emotion out... :hug: Glad it was in a good way, Tanya!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter