AAA discounts now available for Jan. 2014

Lisa0806

Earning My Ears
After checking on it for months, I finally got a AAA discount at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort for my January Disney/Universal Trip. It was 15% off! I got AAA discount for our disney part of the trip too! Think I may finally be done planning! Now let January hurry up and be here already :)

After checking on it for months, I finally got a AAA discount at Universal's Royal Pacific Resort for my January Disney/Universal Trip. It was 15% off! I got AAA discount for our disney part of the trip too! Think I may finally be done planning! Now let January hurry up and be here already :)

Did you check to be sure that the AAA discount was better than the discount Disney is offering for your trip? If it was the AAA rate, the Disney offer may be better. Of course, if you booked directly through AAA, they should apply the better discount.

Did you check to be sure that the AAA discount was better than the discount Disney is offering for your trip? If it was the AAA rate, the Disney offer may be better. Of course, if you booked directly through AAA, they should apply the better discount.

Well we decided against the S/P/D because we would have had to do two seperate reservations and I wasnt sure what that would do to fastpasses with the new magic band and the room only was only 5% for French Quarter and we really wanted to stay there. I got 20% off at French Quarter with AAA and 15% off at Universal Royal Pacific. Although many people on boards have said you can do split stay and still pick up tickets early the CM's kept insisting that you couldnt now with the new magic band and I just didnt want to mess wtih spending hours of my vacation trying to sort it out when we got there. Atleast I still saved almost 170 dollars at disney. Based on how my family eats I didnt really want dining plan anyway so honestly I think the 20% off for french quarter was still good.

Well we decided against the S/P/D because we would have had to do two seperate reservations and I wasnt sure what that would do to fastpasses with the new magic band and the room only was only 5% for French Quarter and we really wanted to stay there. I got 20% off at French Quarter with AAA and 15% off at Universal Royal Pacific. Although many people on boards have said you can do split stay and still pick up tickets early the CM's kept insisting that you couldnt now with the new magic band and I just didnt want to mess wtih spending hours of my vacation trying to sort it out when we got there. Atleast I still saved almost 170 dollars at disney. Based on how my family eats I didnt really want dining plan anyway so honestly I think the 20% off for french quarter was still good.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't want the hassle of two reservations for the reasons you stated. 20% off is still a pretty good discount!

I just called to add a day to my existing AAA reservation I made 2 days ago and of course no AAA standard rooms left for Jan 24th at HRH!!

It's frustrating because when i made my reservation I asked if i should just book including the friday and then remove the day if we weren't coming in until Saturday.
The woman on the phone said just call back and add the day...its easier to add a day then take a day off !! That didn't make sense to me.
That frustrates me now because if I didn't listen to the CSR and booked the friday we'd be good to go!

feel bad for you.
trying to add a day for a standard room and they are gone.

can you add a room of a different category?

you should check the site daily or call frequently as peeps do cancel their trips left and right.
when that happens, rooms go back to the availability for anyone to book.
hopefully, you can snag a standard room then.
be sure to check 5 days out as peeps cancel at the last minute in order to have their deposit returned if they cancel the ressie out.

i did read on the Loews website about the HP January gala.
when it stated booking starts on august (forgot date), i knew then it would be a sell out.

i had planned to go the last week in january but changed to an earlier jan. date when i read about that gala at the hotel.

feel bad for you. trying to add a day for a standard room and they are gone. can you add a room of a different category? you should check the site daily or call frequently as peeps do cancel their trips left and right. when that happens, rooms go back to the availability for anyone to book. hopefully, you can snag a standard room then. be sure to check 5 days out as peeps cancel at the last minute in order to have their deposit returned if they cancel the ressie out. i did read on the Loews website about the HP January gala. when it stated booking starts on august (forgot date), i knew then it would be a sell out. i had planned to go the last week in january but changed to an earlier jan. date when i read about that gala at the hotel.
Yes I can book a single night AAA Ressie for a garden view but having to move our luggage from one room to another while were at a park all day is a pain. I asked about switching the whole stay to a garden room but of course 1 night isn't available either!

It's not that all the standard rooms are sold out. She said there is plenty of availability for a standard room but no AAA standard rooms available for that night.

I can add that day to my existing reservation but that 1st night is at a rack rate.

you don't have to move your luggage to another room.

you can check out of your room and take your luggage to valet that morning.

once the new room has been assigned, you can have valet put it in the new room for you.

come back to the new room and your belongings will be waiting there for you.

the front desk can call or text you once the room has been assigned.
you don't have to stop at the front desk for new keys.
they can be programmed for the new room on the key cards you already have and you can go directly to it.

if you have the preferred ap, rates have been released for january.
(did not check the other months)

you don't have to move your luggage to another room. you can check out of your room and take your luggage to valet that morning. once the new room has been assigned, you can have valet put it in the new room for you. come back to the new room and your belongings will be waiting there for you. the front desk can call or text you once the room has been assigned. you don't have to stop at the front desk for new keys. they can be programmed for the new room on the key cards you already have and you can go directly to it.
I called and switched to the garden view room for the 3 nights. Someone must have cancelled a reservation because the garden view room was no available for the 3 nights!

Saw this post and decided to call this AM for march. We were able to get AAA rate for Hard Rock Cafe. We are going to drive over bright and early to get the early access. Now we need to decide which nite to go to blue man group. I need to go see what times they have shows. Thanks OP

Saw this post and decided to call this AM for march. We were able to get AAA rate for Hard Rock Cafe. We are going to drive over bright and early to get the early access. Now we need to decide which nite to go to blue man group. I need to go see what times they have shows. Thanks OP

Thanks for the heads up on AAA discount for March. I was able to have $33 knocked off our night at RPH.

I clicked the AAA box on the Lowes website and the rate is the same whether I click to apply discount or not. Do I need to call and book through AAA for the discount? We are traveling in Feb and so far I can't find any discounts anywhere. Hoping to save any little bit.

the AAA discount is not on the Loews site.
you need to call to get the info on that discount rate.

I clicked the AAA box on the Lowes website and the rate is the same whether I click to apply discount or not. Do I need to call and book through AAA for the discount? We are traveling in Feb and so far I can't find any discounts anywhere. Hoping to save any little bit.

You must call to get the rate.
It will be 15% off the season room rates.

This may be a dumb ?, but do I have to call AAA, or Loews, to get the best discount rate?

This may be a dumb ?, but do I have to call AAA, or Loews, to get the best discount rate?

I was wondering the same thing. Also, I just booked on Universal's website a two night stay in August, 2014. Will I be able to apply AAA discounts to an already booked reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter