AAA/CAA 2006 room only discounts available with CRO!

riu girl

DIS Veteran
In case this hasn't been posted yet, AAA/CAA 2006 room only discounts are now available!

I just booked POP at 20% off value season , Jan 1-7 ($63 per night plus tax).
Unfortunately I still have to pay $119 plus tax for the night of Dec 31! Obviously no AAA/CAA discounts for New Years Eve!!

Suzy V.

I just checked the AAA website, and its giving me availability for my 2006 dates, but at rack rate? What gives? :confused3 Any ideas?

HLAuburn said:
I just checked the AAA website, and its giving me availability for my 2006 dates, but at rack rate? What gives? :confused3 Any ideas?
I believe you actually have to call CRO and mention to them that you're a AAA member

Can you get the dining option if you book a discounted room with a AAA discount?

Amii said:
Can you get the dining option if you book a discounted room with a AAA discount?

Yes, as long as its part of a package (with park tickets) that you book through AAA.

Are the rates out for all of 2006 or just January?

TIA

riu girl said:
In case this hasn't been posted yet, AAA/CAA 2006 room only discounts are now available!

I just booked POP at 20% off value season , Jan 1-7 ($63 per night plus tax).

Suzy V.
:cool1: Thank you for posting this. I'm singing my I'm going to Disney song! We're driving from Canada on Jan 7th and spending 3 weeks at the most magical place!!! :banana:
Ummmm....Could someone please tell me the CRO number? Thanks a bunch.

dandee00: 1-800-828-0228
3 weeks in Disney??? Wow, that would be like a dream come true. And what a perfect time to go (Jan 7). I have read crowds should be low for you.
Happy Planning.

AlexandNessa: The cm I spoke to told me that the 2006 AAA rates are now available, so I would assume it would be for the whole year. It is my understanding that is how the AAA discount comes out (one year at a time).
Suzy V.

riu girl, Thank you sooooo much for posting this info! :goodvibes I had been watching for AAA rates and leave tomorrow for a family reunion so I am thrilled to have been able to call today!

Just off the phone with a very nice CM who helped me with my situation. I am going for 7 nights (hopefully) in Feb. but our teachers have not settled their contract so I don't know which of 2 weeks in Feb. will be our actual vacation. I had already booked a standard room at YC for Pres. Week so as to be covered on that busy holiday week but think we may actually end up with the week after.

The CM informed me that: a) AAA discounts are currently only available at YC on waterview rooms b) I could not extend the AAA discount to 14 days to cover both weeks as it is only good for a 10 stay max.

He helped me switch over to BC standard room with AAA discount and book a separate one week ressie to cover the second week also with AAA discount. I did obviously have to put another deposit down but can either get it refunded or apply to which ever ressie I end up keeping.

Sounds complicated but now I feel safe for which ever week we end up going. Now if only a "room only code" were to be released for Feb.... :cloud9: (wishful thinking I'm sure :rolleyes: )

BTW, I was asked to provide my AAA number!

Whopeeeee :banana: Thank you for the quick info. I have been watching this board everyday hoping and today you delivered. :flower: I just got off the phone and modified my April 30 - May 5 '06 ressies at the CR for Garden View and my new AAA rate is $292 + tax. Looks like a 10% discount. I'll take it ;) Again, a million thanks.

So I was all excited to hear the 2006 AAA rates were out so that I could modify a reservation I made back in May. Well, the first CM I talked to said that they weren't out yet for 2006 and that I should call back in August. I KNEW this couldn't be right since all of you were getting it done! So, of course, I called back and I got a different CM named Sherrish who was super!. Right off the bat she said "absolutely, they just came out!" and totally hooked me up. If there is one thing I have learned from these boards . . . try, try again!

I got a Woods view room at WL for 11 nights at $204 per night, down from $240 per night!

I'm glad you called back because the CM I had was very helpful but at first he said something like "oh this is strange I can't get them to come up but I know they are here today". Luckily he kept at it and found something that worked for me. There were no standard room discounts at YC, only waterview and he wasn't sure if they were sold out already, not offered or not yet in the system. That's why I went with BC to be sure I had the discount on a standard room (less money!). :sunny:

I'm gonna call today!!!!!

DID THEY ASK FOR YOUR AAA NUMBER? I WASNT GONNA JOIN AAA UNTIL NEXT MONTH, BUT I WANTED TO GO AHEAD AND BOOK! :cool1:

MeetingMickeyin2006 said:
I'm gonna call today!!!!!

DID THEY ASK FOR YOUR AAA NUMBER? I WASNT GONNA JOIN AAA UNTIL NEXT MONTH, BUT I WANTED TO GO AHEAD AND BOOK! :cool1:

Yes, asked me for the number but not the expiration date. He entered it in the system.

I have NEVER been asked for the AAA#. They just always remind me that I must have the card to show when I check in.

vicb said:
The CM informed me that: a) AAA discounts are currently only available at YC on waterview rooms b) I could not extend the AAA discount to 14 days to cover both weeks as it is only good for a 10 stay max.

You may want to call back and try again. I just booked 2 rooms for 13 nights with the AAA discount.

Kristi

My DU agent just emailed me with my new rates at the Contemporary Tower ($391.37) and Poly garden view ($370.20) for June 2006. This is a 10% discount for deluxe and includes tax.

Just booked BWI Concierge for Oct. 18-22, 2006 for $1,967.00 , including tax. This is a 10% AAA discount. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter