a wrench in the works...not sure how to plan for this...

If all else fails you can have her take an Uber. It may be quicker than the DME and shouldn't cost but $20-$25. I drive an Uber part time currently and to take people from downtown Indianapolis to Indianapolis International is about the same drive time as going from MCO to WDW and the usual "fare" is $21.50 (before Uber takes their cut). lol

Just another thought if you can't get her on the DME.

And you can't take Uber from MCO to Disney unless you pay for the top of the line version. So it will cost more!

You can add her at any time after you arrive, but you or she will have to call DME direct to give them her flight information. Or, have the resort concierge do it. Once that is done she will be able to use DME upon her arrival.

It may have changed in last year or so but DD did earn comp tickets by participating in different activities. EX: One night she rode 7DMT over and over while they tested cameras and they gave her a comp ticket.

Man, that's great! "We'll give you a comp ticket if you just ride this really fun roller coaster a bunch of times." I wouldn't have to think too much about that deal!

Man, that's great! "We'll give you a comp ticket if you just ride this really fun roller coaster a bunch of times." I wouldn't have to think too much about that deal!

Yup, sometimes being the company guinea pig isn't so bad. :D

Two years ago we were able to add my mother for $10 per night to our room and we purchased the same type of tickets we had by phone before the vacation started so that she could be added under our free dining package. It was maybe only about $400 to add her to the room and buy theme park tickets and then she had free dining.

Two years ago we were able to add my mother for $10 per night to our room and we purchased the same type of tickets we had by phone before the vacation started so that she could be added under our free dining package. It was maybe only about $400 to add her to the room and buy theme park tickets and then she had free dining.

good to heart that!! I've emailed my TA twice & she hasn't responded so I was beginning to think it wasn't possible.

When I was a CP I believe it was a main gate pass - a blue card that I had to be present to use in order to get my guest(s) in for the day. That was in 2009, though. The general point stands that I'm not at all surprised the friend is saving her passes, since I think it was something like six per year total.

Agreed!! I knew multiple people who got fired from the College Program; the rules are seriously enforced. Disney's CP housing is set up as little gated communities and the guards can be real sticklers (like that night I got off the bus at another complex so I could stop at the drug store, then they didn't want to let me back in the complex to get on the bus and go home because they thought I was coming there to party through the night...with my alka seltzer....). For the friend's sake, please clarify with them whether they got a resort room? The CM discount on rooms was really good when I was there, so I would do the same as HopperFan's daughter when I had people visit, so I hope that's what they meant.

Yes...I finally got clarification from DD's friend that is a CM ....so I don't want to break any rules so we will be looking at using the CM discount to get the girls a room. and then when my TA gets back to me I can make a decision on which way to go. thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter