• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Word (or a Few) About the ING Referral "Thing," PMs, and E-mail

I have direct deposit to with my Fleet Account and pay no fees on my checking. I'll call Fleet tomorrow because now their closed. Had a class to teach :p . Wachovia and their fees are rediculous. Wanted to open a checking account with them and they blew me away with the fees they wanted.

Wachovia, fees?

I use Wachovia and have NO fees. Totally free checking, only needed $50 to open but no minimum balance required after the initial deposit. The only fee they have is if you use your mac card at a non-wachovia machine (for cash withdraw). This is basically standard for all banks now. Even the savings account is great. You really only need $200 to avoid a fee.

We've had our accounts since January and have no fees what-so-ever. I love Wachovia even better than my credit union, which I previously used for checking/savings but still keep a SMALL balance, just to keep the membership priviledges.

I bank with the Credit Union and there are no fees :) It's great!!

Yes, no fee is wonderful . You just call them and say, I don't want to pay $$ per month.

If they want to keep you as a customer, they will do what they can.

I just called the bank back today and they told me that I will not incur any fees if I do a Bill Pay. If I do a wire in and out then that's where the hefty fees come in.

How does transferring between Fleet and ING work? Should I use the Bill Pay feature?

Bill Pay, correct me if I'm wrong, is when you pay your bills online which then would come from your checking account. That is totally different. That's mailing your bill payments via online v/s through the mail.

With ING, you give your checking account when signing up and when you want to send money to/from ING, just log on their website and click the appropriate link. Very easy... It's not a bill and you wouldn't need Bill Pay.

I understand what Bill Pay is...I was repeating with the bank rep said. What about sending money from your checking into your ING account to save? How do you do it?

Originally posted by Amirah95
I understand what Bill Pay is...I was repeating with the bank rep said. What about sending money from your checking into your ING account to save? How do you do it?
My transfers always show as "Electronic Funds Transfers". We haven't incurred any fees.

As far as specifics, when I signed up for ING, I entered my checking account info. That account is now linked, and I just use ING's transfer feature to move money between the two accounts.

I don't know if another bank would consider that a "wire transfer". :confused:

With ING, when you sign up you must provide a checking account to link to your account. Then, log onto ING and use the transfer link to make transfers to and from your other account.

Very easy...

OK cool! I'm going to sign up today. My DH had me to call ING and Fleet...finally got it straight. Thank you all for your help! I'm excited.

Originally posted by sorchamac
Me too - I have Fleet, have had them for years, and never get any fees unless I use another bank's ATM, which is pretty standard. I have my check direct deposit so I get no monthly fees or anything.

I love Fleet - but I think I love ING more for savings accounts.

Sorcha

I have People's in CT. costs me a whopping 1.00 per month.
I pay a fee at a non People's ATM, but only that banks' fee for the first 4 foreign ATM w/d.
They are right in Stop and Shop, no hassle there.
I don't get charged for bill payment or incoming wire transfers.
Love that bank.

I have had my ING account since January after hearing it about it on the boards. Had seen the TV commercials for a while but hearing what people had to say about it here motivated me (as well as the sign-up bonus)!! I am linked to my credit union checking account ($500 min. balance and 1% interest) and there is no fee to transfer to ING. I do everything online and it couldn't be easier! I am charged a fee for ATM transactions at othre banks but use it rarely for that purpose anyway. If I am a bit short on cash I just use it when I am at the grocery store and get some cash back with no fee!

Lorie :sunny:

Friendly reminder to those interested in opening an account, if you've privately asked someone for a link and then decide you will NOT be using it and will not be opening an account, please let that person know so they can release that email and be able to give it to somone else interested in a link email.

When someone sends you an email with the link, it is counted towards their 25 email limit. If you aren't going to use it, they can cancel it and be able to give it to someone else. If you let them know that you will NOT be using it, then they won't be stuck in limbo waiting for you to use it when you won't be.

Thanks!

Originally posted by beattyfamily
Friendly reminder to those interested in opening an account, if you've privately asked someone for a link and then decide you will NOT be using it and will not be opening an account, please let that person know so they can release that email and be able to give it to somone else interested in a link email.

When someone sends you an email with the link, it is counted towards their 25 email limit. If you aren't going to use it, they can cancel it and be able to give it to someone else. If you let them know that you will NOT be using it, then they won't be stuck in limbo waiting for you to use it when you won't be.

Thanks!

This is a very good tip.

I have pm'd some people back who asked for referrals, but messages haven't been read. Also have referrals that were never used and I didn't know if I should delete them or not.

No fees with Bank One....

and as an employee of the bank I agree that the $18 per month is way too much!!! I would definately schedule a "financial review" with a bank representative and explain your needs. If they don't have a product that will better meet your needs then all you have wasted is 30 minutes of your time. If they do find something better...think of the savings.

If there is nothing more suitable...I'd be looking for a different bank.

Just my opinion.

Originally posted by renessa
No fees with Bank One....

and as an employee of the bank I agree that the $18 per month is way too much!!! I would definately schedule a "financial review" with a bank representative and explain your needs. If they don't have a product that will better meet your needs then all you have wasted is 30 minutes of your time. If they do find something better...think of the savings.

If there is nothing more suitable...I'd be looking for a different bank.

Just my opinion.

But you see I have 4 checkings and 4 savings and they are are linked nicely in one statement and online and we love that. If you divide that $18 ($16 with direct deposit) then it's $2.25 an account or $2.00 with direct deposit.

No need to worry we really really don't mind and are quite happy.

bumping so newbies can see what the Dis policy is on ING referral program. It's the OP on page 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter