• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Word (or a Few) About the ING Referral "Thing," PMs, and E-mail

BethR

<font color=red>On Thread Killer Patrol<br><font c
Well, seems as if the ING "Thing" is becoming a hot topic once again on the boards. And there has been some discussion on what we do and don't want to see on the boards.

Let me tell you my interpretation on what we don't want to see on the boards regarding the ING "Thing."

We know that once people find out about ING and the "free" money for referrals, everyone is excited and eager to "share the wealth." Even more so, we know that people are eager to have people help them to get $10 for a referral. ::yes::

But we do not allow people to solicite others on these boards to get or give referrals.

That means no
"PM me for more information about ING."
"IM me for more information about ING."
"Would someone PM me a referral?"
"Would someone e-mail me a referral?"
"I just opened my account and I have 25 referrals left. PM me for more information."
And so on and so forth. I think that you get the idea.

If you are interested in getting a ING referral e-mail then it is your responsibility to contact someone who may have one. If you see someone who is involved in discussing the merits of an ING account, you can be pretty sure that they have referrals to spare. You can PM (Private Message) or e-mail someone for information. You can PM or e-mail someone by using the appropriate button below their name.

If you have referrals to spare and are interested in others contacting you for one, you have the ability to receive e-mails or Private Messages from the boards by turning on these options in your User CP. You do not need to tell people to PM you, or to post your e-mail address in a post. If you choose not to get pop up notifications for your PMs, then you can just check your User CP regularly.

An occasion personal message is not a problem - for instance, sometimes someone's PM Inbox is full. (There is limited storage of PMs - both received and sent - so you need to delete unneeded ones every so often. ) You may see someone posting a message to that person that they need to "clean house."
But to constantly see people pointing out to others that they have sent so-and-so a PM or e-mail, or have received a PM or e-mail is not necessary since this all can be done - how else? :teeth: - through e-mail or PM.

The ING "Thing" really IS a great thing. (Hey! Even *I* FINALLY jumped on the bandwagon a few months ago and I have been saving monthly with it. :) ) And we all want to make a few extra dollars. But we must be fair. And this is the best way that we know of to do so.

I hope that I have clarified things somewhat for all of you. If you have any questions on any of this, feel free to ask. :)

A little off the original subject, but is that ING thing really worth it?

I read how the account works (with getting funds for referrals and to startup) and everything but I will incur major fees from my bank where I have my checking account (I called my bank).

In other words, I have to pay a fee to transfer money out of my checking into the ING savings, a fee to transfer funds from the ING account to my checking, and if I want to wire transfer then that's another fee.

Is this account worth it? If it were a stand alone account I would jump on it. Anybody pay any fees from there bank where they have a checking?

Originally posted by Amirah95
A little of the original subject, but is that ING thing really worth it?

I read how the account works (with getting funds for referrals and to startup) and everything but I will incur major fees from my bank where I have my checking account (I called my bank).

In other words, I have to pay a fee to transfer money out of my checking into the ING savings, a fee to transfer funds from the ING account to my checking, and if I want to wire transfer then that's another fee.

Is this account worth it? If it were a stand alone account I would jump on it. Anybody pay any fees from there bank where they have a checking?

WOW!! This is the very first I've heard of anyone getting charged fees for transferring to and from ING. That's news to me. That's too bad for you if it's true though.

You could still open it for $1 and get the $25 and then close it unless those transfer fees just make it not worth it to you.

Good luck.

A little off the original subject, but is that ING thing really worth it?

Yikes! I think it is time to look for another Bank for your checking account. I've never heard of this either.

Ok...which banks don't charge fees? I use Fleet (I've been with them for years) which is changing over to Bank of America soon. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok...which banks don't charge fees? I use Fleet (I've been with them for years) which is changing over to Bank of America soon. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a Fleet Banker too and have no fees for paying bills online or making transfers or for example, lets say I wanted to transfer my Paypal money to or from it, no fees. No fees for my ING transfers either.

I do, however, have fees for going to an ATM that isn't Fleet and I do pay $18 a month for my account in total and that covers everything (except the Non-Fleet ATMs).

So the fees Fleet does have in no way affect my ING savings.

I've incurred no fees with the ING. Wachovia, formerly first union, formerly Corestates charges me no fees.

If it set up as a recurring deposit it would be similiar to a direct deposit, I would think.

OK :D I'll call Fleet back and get a 2nd opinion and report my findings. I don't want to pay. Thank you!

OK :D I'll call Fleet back and get a 2nd opinion and report my findings. I don't want to pay. Thank you!

Good idea! There should not be any fees when banking online with Fleet!

Let us know what they say!

Originally posted by beattyfamily
I'm a Fleet Banker too and have no fees for paying bills online or making transfers or for example, lets say I wanted to transfer my Paypal money to or from it, no fees. No fees for my ING transfers either.

I do, however, have fees for going to an ATM that isn't Fleet and I do pay $18 a month for my account in total and that covers everything (except the Non-Fleet ATMs).

Me too - I have Fleet, have had them for years, and never get any fees unless I use another bank's ATM, which is pretty standard. I have my check direct deposit so I get no monthly fees or anything.

I love Fleet - but I think I love ING more for savings accounts.

Sorcha

Originally posted by beattyfamily

beattyfamily,

Do you have any type of direct deposit in your fleet account? I always have had DD and just found out they have a new plan where your banking is free with DD with no Min Balance. I was tired of paying all the fees and finally switched to a self service account where I paid like 2-3 a monnth but if I used a teller I would get charged per transaction. I always used the ATM for any deposits I had to do. I had a problem with my account last month and while talking with a rep on the phone he switched me over to the new plan.

$18 a month seems like alot in fees.

Originally posted by LisaNJ25
beattyfamily,

Do you have any type of direct deposit in your fleet account? I always have had DD and just found out they have a new plan where your banking is free with DD with no Min Balance. I was tired of paying all the fees and finally switched to a self service account where I paid like 2-3 a monnth but if I used a teller I would get charged per transaction. I always used the ATM for any deposits I had to do. I had a problem with my account last month and while talking with a rep on the phone he switched me over to the new plan.

$18 a month seems like alot in fees.

We have nothing direct deposited so that could bring it down but DH is self-employed and couldn't do that.

We have Fleet One which gives you unlimited accounts, all linked if you want, Fleet Online banking, bill paying, you name it etc....all for that fee. We're just used to it now. I highly doubt we'd change it. It includes everything except the ATM fees. Of course, the fee would be waived if we could keep a minimum of $10,000 in there!:rolleyes: That's not going to happen!

Thanks though.

You can always negiotiate with the bank. We talked with them and told them that we didnt want to pay the outrageous fees.

My DH the negiotater, worked it out with them. We now pay no feees at all, ever monthly. The only thing we pay for is a fee for a cashiers check, etc.. stuff like that.

$18 is a lot per month. Think of that annual cost.

Originally posted by Cindy B
You can always negiotiate with the bank. We talked with them and told them that we didnt want to pay the outrageous fees.

My DH the negiotater, worked it out with them. We now pay no feees at all, ever monthly. The only thing we pay for is a fee for a cashiers check, etc.. stuff like that.

$18 is a lot per month. Think of that annual cost.

I'm not good at negociating anything like that and neither is my DH.

I know its a high monthly fee but it suits our needs. We like having several checking and several savings and with Fleet One Gold you can have as many as you want! My DH has one, I have one, we have a Charity account for checks we write for that and it's easy to keep track of them and then we have a vacation checking which I just opened and got a Debit Visa for and I use that for our vacation. I have a vacation savings, an Emergency savings and then both our DD's have savings. They are all linked and we can transfer money back and forth and all around. It's GREAT.

We get a higher interest rate and we also get free MOs and free Traveler's checks and bunch of other perks for having this account. There are no hidden fees besides that monthly fee except the non-Fleet ATMs.

For our banking needs, it really does suit us and I can't imagine not being able to have all those checkings and savings accounts and having them all linked!:teeth:

I use Wachovia (which I love) as my primary banking and ING for Disney saving.

I have no fees with either one. Even have the Pre-paid Visa Buxx card though Wachovia. It's nice to put extra money on for shopping for myself or xmas. Put on what you can afford (xmas) and shop without going over budget. Totally awesome...

Thanks for clearing up the ING *thing*. Haven't heard any complaints about using them. It is a great way to save...

We transfer money to ING from our Netbank accounts, no fees. Our checking accounts are free at Netbank as well - and we do everything online. If we need cash, we go to an ATM that doesn't charge fees (usually Washington Mutual), as Netbank doesn't charge an ATM fee. The only downside is that if you get a "hard" check, you have to send it in to be deposited. We usually just go cash "hard" checks at our credit union, but we don't have many as we have everything done by direct deposit.

If anyone is interested in Netbank, I think some reward and frequent flyer programs offer incentives to open a Netbank account. The Netbank website has a $50 opening bonus, but you have to deposit $1500, and keep it in the account for 30 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter