A Wish for Keira, our Pre Trip Report

I'm going to start packing today I think, but I'm trying to figure out if we can get away with 2 suitcases going there and 3 coming back. I really don't want to pay a luggage fee both directions for 4 bags.

I'm going to start packing today I think, but I'm trying to figure out if we can get away with 2 suitcases going there and 3 coming back. I really don't want to pay a luggage fee both directions for 4 bags.

something I use that helps with the packing....get the largest ziplock bags you can find...usually Target carries the 2 gallons and put things in that you don't care if they wrinkle ( socks, undies, pj's, swim suits) squish all the air out and seal up, they really help! I do one each for Megan and I and label them. also rolling your shirts and pants help too!

So I started packing and I'm at 2 suitcases right now, and the kid's so much fuller than mine & DH. LOL!

One thing I do that helps, is the boys have 2 rolling carry on cases that I pack with snacks and consumable stuff so by the end of the trip, they are empty, then I put all their souvenirs in them for the trip back. Plus I can get all the boys clothes in one suitcase. I'm planning on doing at least one load of laundry so I won't feel the need to over pack.

This part is kind of fun .. but a headache at the same time !! The weather is a bit unpredictable this time of year too. Like today it was in the 30s earlier this morning .. but it looks like mid 80's later on this week .. so you need a little of everything ! :confused3

It will be here before you know it though !! :banana:

At GKTW you'll have a nice washer/dryer and laundry soap (it was Tide when we were there) so it makes it super easy to toss in a load or 2!

you will definately need space to bring stuff home!!!!!!!!

I'm thinking about taking a couple rolling suitcases for carry-ons, I'd thought about skipping it since our flight isn't that long.

Yeah, I want to use the washer & dryer as much as I can. I'm wearing pants down and putting the kids in pants, so we'll have those if the weather turns chilly. And then i'm only taking 2 pairs of capris for myself and DH is taking a couple pairs of shorts.

I'm trying to get all the laundry caught up, I still need to pack pj's and bras for myself. LOL! And DH needs underpants. ;)

I am going to take a third bag, we have another one I think I can sort of fold and stick in our bag. And I bought a luggage scale @ Walmart today.

I can't believe we have 14 1/2 days left to go. My next 2 weeks are super busy too.

This week I have school 3 days, plus both kids Valentine's Day parties, Keira has Ballet & Daisies, also on Valentine's day.

And then Friday we have a Girl Scout Event, Saturday is another Girl Scout Event, DH and I have a date night planned, Cooper is hanging with his Grandparent and Keira was invited to her first sleepover for her friend's birthday.

Then the following week, school again and Cooper's birthday party is the Saturday before we leave! OMG, how am I ever going to get everything done.

At GKTW you'll have a nice washer/dryer and laundry soap (it was Tide when we were there) so it makes it super easy to toss in a load or 2!

you will definately need space to bring stuff home!!!!!!!!

Yes, DH aren't taking a lot, so I think we'll be able to fit more of the kids stuff in our bag. And I'm going to bring a 3rd bag and a carry on as well! I'm just so amazed by all of the kindness everyone here has been showing our family!

2011 was a tough year, I'm just so blown away by everyone! Thanks to you guys 2012 is shaping up to be a great year!

Sorry that I have been MIA for awhile. All the big gives you and your family have gotten look great. I can't wait to see what's in those 5 packages.:goodvibes

How exciting that your trip is only two weeks away. Things are going to be really flying now.:banana::banana::banana:

I know what you mean about being busy, my Disney trip is just over 3 weeks away and I feel that I don't have time for everything. It seems like everything is happening all at once.:scared1:

Like I said, we got 5 packages today!

_MG_9858.jpg

Forgive me, I need to look at the one Keira's gift from "Rapunzel" came from again to see who actually sent it. But can I just tell you when she read it was from Rapunzel she screamed! And asked if I could make a hat to match it. :) So I'll be picking up some purple yarn this week. ;) And she said, I have to wear this to meet Rapunzel!!
_MG_9871.jpg

Cooper loved his Toy Story outfit and asked if he could sleep in it. LOL! Thank you Coergo! And she also sent us the Wish Trip shirts that are super cute! I love them!
_MG_9875.jpg

They love their blankets!
_MG_9861.jpg

_MG_9865.jpg

Thank you Witt Family!!

Tim, Melody, Juliana & Christopher, they loved their goody bags! As you can see in this photo, Cooper found the candy.
_MG_9866.jpg

The bags were too cute! Love those. :)

And Keira was so excited about another $25 gift card and princess crayons!
_MG_9870.jpg

She loved Juliana's picture too! She hung it up in her bedroom.

And thank you Ann (fruto76) for the awesome pirate shirts. I didn't have Sean take a picture of me in mine, because I've had a migraine all day and I'm looking pretty crappy today. ;)

_MG_9873.jpg

We can't wait to wear them! I just have to decide if we want to wear them to the pirate league or to the princess & pirates party @ GKTW or both. :)

Thank you guys all again so much!

I hope I kept all the notes straight and didn't mix up a package. They kids where tearing through everything so quickly!

wow, looks like the pixie dust fairy was busy! love all the shirts, outfits and such fun goodies!!

I'm pretty good "friends" with Rapunzel. ;)

Thank you so much for posting the pictures and I am sooooooooooooooo happy the dress fits!!! Our girls are about the same size but I was just so nervous that it for some reason wouldn't fit. I can't wait to see Keira's new Rapunzel hair.

Have a wonderful time preparing for your trip and I wish you nothing but the best! :lovestruc Aimee

I'm pretty good "friends" with Rapunzel. ;)

Thank you so much for posting the pictures and I am sooooooooooooooo happy the dress fits!!! Our girls are about the same size but I was just so nervous that it for some reason wouldn't fit. I can't wait to see Keira's new Rapunzel hair.

Have a wonderful time preparing for your trip and I wish you nothing but the best! :lovestruc Aimee

She was so excited, she said,I can't believe Rapunzel knows me! LOL!

That's so sweet! Our timing worked out really well. We were at WDW in late January. I was so happy that we were able to see Rapunzel. You might already know but Rapunzel does meet and greets across from Cosmic Ray's. The line can get long so if you want to see her I would plan on arriving early in the day. We entered the park right at nine and went straight to Rapunzel. We saw her about 9:15. She couldn't have been any lovelier.

I'm glad the package got there so quickly!!!

I love the Rapunzel dress!!! Even though at orientation they say the button doesn't grant front of the line privileges, if you ask the CM where you should go and show them the GAC & button, you will usually get to skip most of the line. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter