• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Whole New SOLO World: A July 2015 WDW TR - My 1st! (complete)

I just came across your trip report and ohmygosh, the pictures of empty EPCOT gave me butterflies! I am so jealous! Thank you for sharing these pictures.

My Father was up for a promotion and a move to his company's office in between Tampa and Orlando. We looked at Celebration before they broke ground. To this day my Mother still complains at him about not taking that job, and us living so close to Disney (they're both Disney nuts).

The filter effects on your pictures is very interesting. Adds some variety!

I just came across your trip report and ohmygosh, the pictures of empty EPCOT gave me butterflies! I am so jealous! Thank you for sharing these pictures.

OH I know right? That was such an amazing morning. I wish there were more WS breakfast choices. You are welcome!!!

My Father was up for a promotion and a move to his company's office in between Tampa and Orlando. We looked at Celebration before they broke ground. To this day my Mother still complains at him about not taking that job, and us living so close to Disney (they're both Disney nuts).

The filter effects on your pictures is very interesting. Adds some variety!

Oh wow! I believe I would feel the same way as your mother about that. Such a great little area.

Yeah...they aren't too far off, surprisingly. It was a very stormy day and we just happen to hit the beach and restaurant during a break in the heavy rain and storms. So some of those clouds were pretty close to being that dark. I mainly liked the way it enhanced the light reflection. :)

Just read through your report. What a great time you had! It seems like it would be nice knowing you would be back. I like that you can do what you like. Your pictures are great!

Love, love, love your trip report! I was there solo for the first two days of your trip! I love solo trips, you can really capture a different perspective, focus on what you like to do in the parks, and learn more about yourself along the way. It's amazing what you can do when you step out of your comfort zone! :-)

Your trip report has great details and awesome pics! Thanks for capturing One Man's Dream, as I didn't make it there before it closed. We have a lot of similar likes, especially Le Cellier, people watching,anything EP, and tearing up at the classics! Can't wait to hear the end of the trip and what surprises you may have in store!

That's awesome!!! So sorry to jump ahead!! Lol

What a cutie!!

I want to know what the dog that ate poor Belle looks like!!

No worries at all!

Hahaha....meet the beast..I mean the dog....that ate Belle....

IMG_6816.JPG

This is Millie...she will be 1 year old next month! She's super sweet...just chews/eats anything she can get her mouth on. :)

Just read through your report. What a great time you had! It seems like it would be nice knowing you would be back. I like that you can do what you like. Your pictures are great!

Thanks so much for reading and for your comments! So appreciated!

Love, love, love your trip report! I was there solo for the first two days of your trip! I love solo trips, you can really capture a different perspective, focus on what you like to do in the parks, and learn more about yourself along the way. It's amazing what you can do when you step out of your comfort zone! :-)

Your trip report has great details and awesome pics! Thanks for capturing One Man's Dream, as I didn't make it there before it closed. We have a lot of similar likes, especially Le Cellier, people watching,anything EP, and tearing up at the classics! Can't wait to hear the end of the trip and what surprises you may have in store!

Yes we do have so much in common! It is amazing how different a solo trip there is. I knew I would have fun, but I really wasn't expecting it to be as amazing as it was. Glad you liked the OMD pics! I'm so glad I took some time there and took a lot of pictures to remember it all!

And a huge THANK YOU for reading all of it and commenting!!! :)

Yay! Welcome! I can die happy now that THE tigger is reading MY trip report. Hehe. Thanks for reading and THANKS for liking it!!!! :)

LOL- I'm so flattered :D

I meant to say congrats on the Disney Dooney. Sketch is so classic and goes with practically everything. Just be careful, the bags can become an obsession! I got a little carried away this year, but got myself in check before it got too crazy. The pick a pearl turned out really well for you too. Funny, but I've never been interested in eating that The Plaza...and now I'm even less interested! Looks like the Wishes FP spot was pretty decent. I like the angle in your pics a lot better than what you get at the dessert party in Tomorrowland Terrace. Ok...time to get in some evening work, but I'll try and read some more tomorrow.

LOL- I'm so flattered :D

I meant to say congrats on the Disney Dooney. Sketch is so classic and goes with practically everything. Just be careful, the bags can become an obsession! I got a little carried away this year, but got myself in check before it got too crazy. The pick a pearl turned out really well for you too. Funny, but I've never been interested in eating that The Plaza...and now I'm even less interested! Looks like the Wishes FP spot was pretty decent. I like the angle in your pics a lot better than what you get at the dessert party in Tomorrowland Terrace. Ok...time to get in some evening work, but I'll try and read some more tomorrow.

Thank you! I still haven't used it! :oops: I don't want it to get dirty! Haha. I need to just do it though. Yes, luckily the price of most of them should keep me from going too crazy. I've gone so crazy with the Disney Vera Bradley the last few years. But it's much easier with those to be able to afford one every now and then...and don't worry quite as much about messing them up! But I've been obsessed with VB since I was in high school.

I never wanted to eat at the Plaza...but this guy kept telling me how good it was so I thought maybe I was missing out on something. lol. Nope. Turns out I wasn't. :)

I think it was great for Wishes and can't wait to do it again!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read all of this...I know it's a lot! :)

Hahaha! I have found that the more I take, the more likely I am to get at least once decent one. lol. One must be very patient to take good selfies. :)

It was!!! :)

I will plan to take many and hope for a good one or two! lol

Love the rest of your updates … beach pics look inviting!!!

Thank you! I still haven't used it! :oops: I don't want it to get dirty! Haha. I need to just do it though. Yes, luckily the price of most of them should keep me from going too crazy. I've gone so crazy with the Disney Vera Bradley the last few years. But it's much easier with those to be able to afford one every now and then...and don't worry quite as much about messing them up! But I've been obsessed with VB since I was in high school.

I never wanted to eat at the Plaza...but this guy kept telling me how good it was so I thought maybe I was missing out on something. lol. Nope. Turns out I wasn't. :)

I think it was great for Wishes and can't wait to do it again!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read all of this...I know it's a lot! :)

You MUST use it!!! There are some sprays you can get to treat the nylon ones to help protect them. The only one that I have that I really go above and beyond to protect is my WDW 40th bag and it's only because that one just seems to be more fragile. That being said, I'm in a few Disney bag groups on Facebook and I know plenty of ladies who just put their bags on display, so you could do that too. If you like Dooney and Vera, you need to check out the outlet next time you're down there. I can get the specifics on it if you want, but they often get in Disney Dooney bags and Vera's and sell for much nicer prices. I believe when they get the DVB hipsters, they sell in the $40-45 range (instead of $80) and some of the DDBs that normally go for around $200 are in the $80-115 range. Still not cheap...but cheaper.

It's tough with dining too. Some of it is because a lot of places are inconsistent and some is because tastes/preferences vary. Which is funny...when I read about your steak at HBD, I was thinking "that's something I'd never say." Yeah- I order everything rare :D

Love the Orlando Eye pics. We passed it when we drove through last month, but not enough time to get out and explore. The one pic you took reminded me of taking pics of WDW from the plane on our trip last Nov. It was like, "I swear- that really is the castle right there."

And that is bizarre with that girl crying in AK! I mean, I have had a child lose it in that park and throw an epic meltdown...but she was also 2 at the time and the world really was ending because we weren't going to ride Triceratops Spin again. :rolleyes:

I'm actually all caught up! I'm good with long reports ... love all of the insights and details! Can't wait to read the rest :)

You MUST use it!!! There are some sprays you can get to treat the nylon ones to help protect them. The only one that I have that I really go above and beyond to protect is my WDW 40th bag and it's only because that one just seems to be more fragile. That being said, I'm in a few Disney bag groups on Facebook and I know plenty of ladies who just put their bags on display, so you could do that too. If you like Dooney and Vera, you need to check out the outlet next time you're down there. I can get the specifics on it if you want, but they often get in Disney Dooney bags and Vera's and sell for much nicer prices. I believe when they get the DVB hipsters, they sell in the $40-45 range (instead of $80) and some of the DDBs that normally go for around $200 are in the $80-115 range. Still not cheap...but cheaper.

It's tough with dining too. Some of it is because a lot of places are inconsistent and some is because tastes/preferences vary. Which is funny...when I read about your steak at HBD, I was thinking "that's something I'd never say." Yeah- I order everything rare :D

Love the Orlando Eye pics. We passed it when we drove through last month, but not enough time to get out and explore. The one pic you took reminded me of taking pics of WDW from the plane on our trip last Nov. It was like, "I swear- that really is the castle right there."

And that is bizarre with that girl crying in AK! I mean, I have had a child lose it in that park and throw an epic meltdown...but she was also 2 at the time and the world really was ending because we weren't going to ride Triceratops Spin again. :rolleyes:

I'm actually all caught up! I'm good with long reports ... love all of the insights and details! Can't wait to read the rest :)

Oh yes I think I have seen someone mention the spray in those FB purse groups before. I need to do that!!! I meant to go by the outlet on this past trip and never got around to it. I definitely will in December or February!

So very true...I almost laugh when I see people have huge disagreements on here and on FB Disney groups over restaurants. Taste is a very relative thing! I mean you can say you like it and all, but the next person might hate it. You just never know! Makes it hard to take recommendations. Same for resorts. Opinions are just that. Opinions! Take them with a grain of salt, right? :)

Ah The Eye...hahahaha. Yes, so true.

Thank you for commenting on that! I know, right??? I would expect it from a kid now and then. But a teenager? This girl was old enough to get her crap together and suck it up.

Thank you SO MUCH! Glad you are reading along! I might get some more posted tomorrow. We'll see!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter