• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A whirlwind trip to Sam's.......what to get while I'm there

I love their Chicken Breast in a can. I think it is a 5 or six pack for about $10. It makes a good chicken salad, but I use it for the chicken in casseroles. So easy!!

oh!! And does Sam's take manufactors coupons??

No. The only thing they take are the baby formula "checks" that the formula companies send out (typically for $5 or $10 off a can).

We like to get JIF peanut butter, fresh fruits (way cheaper and better quality than the grocery store), ziploc bags, flash frozen individual chicken breasts, kittly litter (DH has to be there to haul those humongous bags), Tide, Mach 3 razor blade refills, protein bars, BATTERIES are super cheap there, Kraft shredded Mexican cheese, and when DS was smaller, Pamper's diapers. They had best price on diapers anywhere (except the LUVS bogo, plus $3 off coupon deal).

My husband and I recently did a store to store price comparison on meat. We went to Sam's, Wal-Mart and Kroger (the only stores we have). Sam's was by far cheaper per pound for pork, chicken, and beef roasts. We stocked our freezer and it has been WONDERFUL.

I don't always have the time or the inclination to shop all over for what is on sale. We only have Kroger and Wal-Mart in our town and Kroger meat is AWFUL! Wal-Mart rarely has a sale.

Sam's is 40 miles away but we go with my Mom once a month or so on the weekend when we are in town.

For whomever has a business membership....Do you get good deals by going in early? We recently got a business membership, but I haven't gone in early yet. Any tips?

No special deals for business members... it's just really nice and relaxed before they let everyone in. Much less crowded!!:thumbsup2

For whomever has a business membership....Do you get good deals by going in early? We recently got a business membership, but I haven't gone in early yet. Any tips?

No special deals, but it is great to get in and start shopping once the kids are off to school without having to wait to 10am.

I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet, (or that I forgot it in my first post) ---- P A S T A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's something like 6 lbs. for $3.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't beat 50cents a pound! and it's good pasta (I'm Italian, I know). I get the huge bags of penne, spagetti and angel hair. I keep it in the pantry with a chip clip on what I haven't used.

Also the Classico pasta sauce is a good deal, 3 jars to a pack. Head over to the meat case and get some ground beef to add to the sauce. Cheapo, easy, yummy dinner.

Does Sams now take all credit cards? I know when we first joined it was Discover only. We did not have Discover so we signed up for the store card. I guess I never pay attention because I still just use the store card, but would rather use my Visa.

Does Sams now take all credit cards? I know when we first joined it was Discover only. We did not have Discover so we signed up for the store card. I guess I never pay attention because I still just use the store card, but would rather use my Visa.

Mastercard, but no Visa.
I hope I don't have that backwards! It's been a while since I've been in...

Kimya

Here are my staples....
Shredded cheese
2 Gallons of vinegar (comes in 1 box)
spices
milk
5 dozen eggs
lettuce
beer
wine
bakery items are a good deal and they taste good
hot dogs
granola bars (except this week Albertson's has the best price)
We very rarely buy meat at Sam's and we always check out the clearance items. After a holiday everything seasonal is cheap.

I do. I go right after I drop the kids off at school and usually, they have a good selection of fresh meat marked down that needs to be sold that day or the following. I have never had a problem because I freeze it as soon as I get home. I usually pay about $1.59/lb for 90% ground beef. The boneless pork chops are also a great deal but I don't remember the price.

As for clearance items, it really is spread through out the store. Anything that ends in .81 is clearance. I picked up some fund raiser boxes of individual chocolate chip cookies for 81 Cents for a box of 16. They're great for lunches! I usually zip up and down the isles and look for the prices that end in 81. If it's something that I'll use and it's a good deal, I stock up because I know that it won't be there next time I come back.

The one thing that I always get is the 5lb bowl of Country Crock. It runs just a little over $3.00. My in-laws used to laugh at me for having such a large bowl but guess who's buying it now! :rotfl:

I have a sort of off topic question but it does relate to Sam's. I am a household add on to a business member. I have never tried to go early...are add on's allowed in before they officially open to everyone?

I do. I go right after I drop the kids off at school and usually, they have a good selection of fresh meat marked down that needs to be sold that day or the following. I have never had a problem because I freeze it as soon as I get home. I usually pay about $1.59/lb for 90% ground beef. The boneless pork chops are also a great deal but I don't remember the price.

As for clearance items, it really is spread through out the store. Anything that ends in .81 is clearance. I picked up some fund raiser boxes of individual chocolate chip cookies for 81 Cents for a box of 16. They're great for lunches! I usually zip up and down the isles and look for the prices that end in 81. If it's something that I'll use and it's a good deal, I stock up because I know that it won't be there next time I come back.

The one thing that I always get is the 5lb bowl of Country Crock. It runs just a little over $3.00. My in-laws used to laugh at me for having such a large bowl but guess who's buying it now! :rotfl:

Thanks for the info about $.81....that is good to know. I've never found good clearance at my Sam's, but I know it happens, because a good friend used to work there. She said after Christmas last year you could get large bags of chocolate chips for some ridiculous price of like $1 (can't remember exactly). Will try to start going early more often.

I have a sort of off topic question but it does relate to Sam's. I am a household add on to a business member. I have never tried to go early...are add on's allowed in before they officially open to everyone?

If you are added under a business membership, you should also have a business card and should be allowed to shop during business hours.

If you are added under a business membership, you should also have a business card and should be allowed to shop during business hours.
My card states 'Business Member' and the fine print on the reverse states add on. I just didn't want to get to the front and be denied purchase

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter