• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Warning for DVA Account Holders! - ETA: Problem Solved!

I just logged on to my DVA account and saw where my gift card from the weekend was credited.

Thanks to all who contributed their experiences in this thread.

I just logged in as well and the money has been credited to my DVA account. Disney never contacted me back though which is kind of frustrating. I hate customer service reps who promise you a call back and then you never receive it.

Overall just happy the funds are there now. So much for my first DVA impression, this was the first time I added funds of any sort to it.

Does anyone know why the drop down menu for the list of credit cards doesn't include any choice to add a gift card? I just opened my account and tried to add one yesterday. Called customer service and they told me about the problem with the system and said to wait an hour and try again. That was 24 hours ago. I've tried on both my iPad and desktop computer. Wondering if I made an initial deposit with a credit card if the gift card option would then be available??? Any thoughts?? Thanks!

I just logged in as well and the money has been credited to my DVA account. Disney never contacted me back though which is kind of frustrating. I hate customer service reps who promise you a call back and then you never receive it.

Overall just happy the funds are there now. So much for my first DVA impression, this was the first time I added funds of any sort to it.

I spoke too soon (complained too soon, actually). They emailed me to confirm the correction.

I got an email too. I'm not frustrated by a lack of phone call. I think when most of us called this was still a new problem and to expect them to call everyone personally probably became unrealistic. I'd rather they spend the time fixing everyone's accounts and sending an email instead of calling everyone and wasting time.

I got an email too. I'm not frustrated by a lack of phone call. I think when most of us called this was still a new problem and to expect them to call everyone personally probably became unrealistic. I'd rather they spend the time fixing everyone's accounts and sending an email instead of calling everyone and wasting time.

I was only upset about the lack of a phone call because I hadn't received the email yet. I'm glad they reached out to confirm their corrections.

Still no refund for me nor have I heard from them further. Can you guys advise if the missing $50 looks different? Was it dated with the date it was fixed like today's date or the date when you initially tried which would be 5/29 for me.

Good news I did get my $180 credit for the transfers I cancelled yesterday with DCL so phew :)

Heather

This is what mine looks like:

Recent Activity

Date
Description Amount Balance
6/03/2015 Transferred funds from Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 350.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 300.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 250.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 200.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 150.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 100.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 50.00
5/25/2015 Disney Vacation Account Created $ 0.00 $ 0.00

The 6/3 transaction was the one that they had to fix.

Does anyone know why the drop down menu for the list of credit cards doesn't include any choice to add a gift card? I just opened my account and tried to add one yesterday. Called customer service and they told me about the problem with the system and said to wait an hour and try again. That was 24 hours ago. I've tried on both my iPad and desktop computer. Wondering if I made an initial deposit with a credit card if the gift card option would then be available??? Any thoughts?? Thanks!

So you're saying that you haven't made your initial deposit yet? Then yes, you need to do that with a credit card - they won't let you do it with a gift card. I ran into the problem too and called about it. You can do a really small initial deposit, though.

This is what mine looks like:

Recent Activity

Date
Description Amount Balance
6/03/2015 Transferred funds from Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 350.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 300.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 250.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 200.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 150.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 100.00
5/28/2015 Online Contribution into Disney Vacation Account using Disney Gift Card $ 50.00 $ 50.00
5/25/2015 Disney Vacation Account Created $ 0.00 $ 0.00

The 6/3 transaction was the one that they had to fix.
Thank you! Clearly it would stand out and sadly I still don't have mine or an email so I'm calling later.

Heather

So you're saying that you haven't made your initial deposit yet? Then yes, you need to do that with a credit card - they won't let you do it with a gift card. I ran into the problem too and called about it. You can do a really small initial deposit, though.
45 days ago you did not need to make the initial deposit with a CC. I did mine with GC.

If you are opening your account for the first time, it asks you to setup timed deposits from a CC. Just enter the info with the first payment to made in the future. Then once the account is setup, cancel the timed deposits and make your one-time contributions with a GC.

45 days ago you did not need to make the initial deposit with a CC. I did mine with GC.

If you are opening your account for the first time, it asks you to setup timed deposits from a CC. Just enter the info with the first payment to made in the future. Then once the account is setup, cancel the timed deposits and make your one-time contributions with a GC.
This - I did it less than 45 days ago so you should be able to

I just started mine on Tuesday and had to make an initial deposit with a debit or credit card. Used my Disney Visa debit card to make a $10 deposit.. that's the minimum to open the account. Then, I entered gift cards :)

Just to updated, I have not heard from DVA or been credited. My gift cards were wiped out Saturday with no deposit and I contacted DVA and gave them all information. Last night I decided to call and was told I should use the contact form on the website as that goes directly to IT. So I do that and the automatic message says I should hear back in 10 days. Lets see what happens today, so far I'm not impressed.

Yep, this worked for me too. I made all of my contributions with GC thus far.

For those still following and impacted - I did call during my lunch break not too long ago and they still have me on the list and said they are still working on them and hope to finish today and NLT tomorrow. That was good enough for me so hopefully soon for those still waiting like me.

Once I had read the issues were "fixed" I also entered the rest of my cards and no issues at all.

Heather

I'm adding an update at 626pm EST - I now see my $50.00 correction so I'm relieved. I never received an email or a call but I'm okay with that. It might come later but I just care the funds were finally applied! :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Is the general consensus that the issues are fixed for new accounts or adding money? We just decided on a fall trip so I want to set up an account for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter