• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Warning for DVA Account Holders! - ETA: Problem Solved!

Marionnette

Children see magic because they look for it
AS OF 6/7/2015, IT APPEARS THAT THE PROBLEMS HAS BEEN RESOLVED AND THOSE WHO HAD FUNDS MISSING FROM THEIR DVA ACCOUNTS HAVE BEEN MADE WHOLE. THERE HAVE BEEN NO ADDITIONAL REPORTS OF MISSING DEPOSITS THIS WEEK.

This PSA is for those who are not keeping up with the Disney Gift Card Deals thread. Beginning with post #3210, there are reports that the latest software upgrade is causing problems when crediting GC entries. Some people have entered their GCs without the amount crediting to their DVA but the amount is being deducted from their GCs anyway!

Disney IT is working on the problem, but you might want to sit tight on any GCs you have until it's been fixed. It could be a while. In fact, you might want to hold off making any sort of deposit at all until this glitch is taken care of.

Last edited:
Good lord..... This is ridiculous, thank you, OP, for the heads up.

Do I even dare log on to my account to check to make sure everything is accurate or will it create unnecessary heartache? :scared:

Doh I tried depositing a gift card before I saw this message. The weird thing is that I'm pretty sure the correct amount got added, but my vacation account was frozen immediately afterwards and now I can't view any balance information at all. :(

EDIT: Logged out and logged back in and my account seems to be fine. Gift card did get added.

Last edited:

I deposited 3 cards around 6 tonight and all went well

How timely was THIS?! I just went in an hour ago to create a DVA, using a GC as an initial deposit, and then I balked, ceased, and desisted. Too many questions had I; just not happy with the FAQs on the MDE website, as usual. That nagging little mouse in my brain told me to come here first and check with the true experts. So happy, and very grateful, I did! Thanks for the warning! I'll now go on to research my other questions concerning DVA before signing up.

My account still is not posting the deposit I made this afternoon. Pretty sad that a system that deals with so much money can be this faulty and Disney is so slow to respond and fix their errors. I don't think the banking industry would get away with this type of sporadic "glitch" of their customers deposits.

What a pain! It's like when you receive the Disney gift cards not activated from Target and have to deal with all that - you don't appreciate how frustrating it is until i happens to you. :crazy2: I'm one of those that posted in the other thread this new issue with DV account happened to me and I was too chicken to try and apply my other cards so I stopped. I just hope they can magically give me back my $50 that has disappeared into "space" and I have faith they will but don't appreciate I don't feel any sense of urgency to this and they aren't even open on the weekend! I have not heard a word from my call to them first thing when they opened at 10am EST yesterday and the Disney gift card cm's are very aware of this and can't do anything about it.

It would be awesome if others would continue to share their story and resolution, hopefully soon. I know the "pay off" is worth it, but I just hope this gets resolved soon so I don't have to deal with it and follow-up on it.

I just feel for those that needed to enter cards and then use the DV account to pay off a trip or DCL booking and now can't.

Heather

My account still is not posting the deposit I made this afternoon. Pretty sad that a system that deals with so much money can be this faulty and Disney is so slow to respond and fix their errors. I don't think the banking industry would get away with this type of sporadic "glitch" of their customers deposits.
The sad thing is this happened to me and others back in the fall of 2014. DVA was no help either, I called the number on the back of the gift card and they fixed it.

I had a problem last week with one of my cards. I would have noticed if there had been an error on DVA. I was able to use disney gift card site to check balances and found one that still had $50 on so I put it in again and all was well.

I keep a spreadsheet of all my amounts and GC numbers and pins. Helps keep it all in order.

yikes! I deposited 7 today but thankfully it looked like everything went through okay....I double check all my stuff before i log off...but I will go back and double check it now....just in case....thanks for the warning

I had two gift cards wiped out today and no deposits to show. I really wish I checked the boards this morning before doing so.

I just had 2 gift cards wiped out. So glad I came here before entering more. Thanks for the heads up.

So I'm curious - have any of you had luck calling the number on the back of the Disney gift card and them somehow restoring the gift card balance? I've read this a few times in sporadic threads it seems however that wasn't my case yesterday. I'm just wondering if I should try that again tomorrow if I haven't heard back from the DV Account as my back-up plan. I still have others to enter but I'm still waiting until I get this $50.00 credited back.

Thanks,
Heather

So I'm curious - have any of you had luck calling the number on the back of the Disney gift card and them somehow restoring the gift card balance? I've read this a few times in sporadic threads it seems however that wasn't my case yesterday. I'm just wondering if I should try that again tomorrow if I haven't heard back from the DV Account as my back-up plan. I still have others to enter but I'm still waiting until I get this $50.00 credited back.

Thanks,
Heather

This happened to me on Friday. I called the number, they took down my information which included the gift card # that didn't get entered correctly plus the other gift cards that went through fine. They also took my DVA account number and said I should hear from them on Monday. They need to wait for the overnight data to come through and they are not open on weekends. Hopefully my issue is resolved tomorrow. Since this is something happening to a lot of people I think it will be easier to fix.

Has anyone heard from Disney? I contact gift card number and they were useless, obviously outsourced over seas, no information or solution. Gave me the number to Disney Store customer service, ok I called, very pleasant and understanding but nothing they could do (obviously). DVA was going to have IT call me Saturday or Sunday but no calls yet.

Please post updates on any resolutions.

As I mentioned above, Disney Gift Card services told me on Friday they are not open on the weekends and there would be no update until at least Monday.

I bought a gift card Saturday and tried to enter it in my DVA on Sunday, but got back a message that the card had no balance. I called the number on the back of the gift card today. The customer service rep told me he could see the funds leaving my GC, but that it didn't get credited to my account. He didn't mention the software issue but said he should have it resolved by the end of the day. We shall see.

Just providing my update from a little earlier. I had not heard back from the DV account people so I called the Disney gift card number and spoke to someone right away who clearly understood the problem and apologized. She asked for my last night and confirmed I was indeed on the list provided by the DV account peeps from Friday (so clearly they are "talking" to each other). She said the system is still wonky and she would not recommend entering any right now and they hope to have the funds credited for us on their side so we won't have to do anything further and they will let us know. She confirmed my number and said she would personally call me once it's been done. Let's all hope this is resolved, ASAP!

Heather

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter