• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A very uneventful black friday. Did anyone else not find any good deals this year??

disneyofcourse

DIS Veteran
It seemed like sale prices weren't really "sale" Wow $3.00 of a shirt(target) kinda sales. House socks for 3.99-5.99 on "sale" which is the usual price. I looked through the ads and didn't even see things I wanted to buy people. Usually I'm planning out a daily planner on what to do and grab while shopping. This year.....Is wasn't worth it . I shopped online at aeropostale, AE and Target just because at least I had online coupons.

Pretty lame sales this year. I still went out and got a bunch of doorbusters though. It was fun.

Nabbed 2 dvd season sets so came out pretty good(Smallville and Nip/Tuck and both usually go for about 40 dollars)

I agree that in most cases it isn't worth getting up super early and risk getting trampled for the buys this year. My husband went to home depot and lowes to try and buy a microwave that was advertised and was told that they only had 3 per store so of course he didn't get one. Also, i noticed on the walmart ad it said things like "at least 8 per store". 8? that's ridiculous when they are using it as an item to get people into their stores. Very disappointing.

I agree that in most cases it isn't worth getting up super early and risk getting trampled for the buys this year. My husband went to home depot and lowes to try and buy a microwave that was advertised and was told that they only had 3 per store so of course he didn't get one. Also, i noticed on the walmart ad it said things like "at least 8 per store". 8? that's ridiculous when they are using it as an item to get people into their stores. Very disappointing.

I saw the quantity things in the walmart ad and a few others! Thats crazy.

I'm a veteran BF shopper (actually I shop all year). I get up 3:30AM for work everyday, so getting up early is nothing new for me . I found myself up at 4:00 on T-Day doing some online shopping at BB and CC and got everything I wanted (got the $99 monitor for one of our computers (reg. $219) and got some WII games. I didn't really see anything in any of the ads that enticed me to go out. I did some surfing today online, but still didn't find anything to buy today online either. My family and friends are in shock that I skipped BF. I guess there is nothing I need. I pretty much bought most of my gifts weeks ago.

I was surprised. I didn't see much of anything that would make me get up to go shopping in the huge stack of ads in Thursday's paper. I don't shop on BF anyway, but there are usually some things that make me think about going. This year nothing stuck me and the sales didn't seem that great.

My sister went to the Disney store...I guess everything in the store was 25% off, including sale and clearance, but she said the line snaked all around the store, so she put back the couple things she picked up and left.

I'm hoping BF sales were low this year and stores will do some really good markdowns in the next couple weeks.

I saw nothing worth getting up at 4 am in 19* weather for. My friend and I headed out about 9:30, hit Toys R Us, Old Navy, and Macy's. Nothing I bought was on super sale but it was fun. :goodvibes My SIL rushed out for a Wii; wonder if she got it?

Yeah, I didn't really any new deals this year or anything worth standing in the cold for. I told DH that I must be really lame because the best deals this BF were at Walgreens. :confused3

I got a $499.00 artificial tree for $185.00! it was on sale, 30% off, then the doorbuster trim a home 50% off brought it to 185 with the tax!!!

Yeah, I wasn't that impressed with the deals this year. My favorite was the digital photo frame for 49.88 (came out to 53 and change) at walmart. Everything else....eh

I got some great deals today. Toys R Us: Power Rangers (Buy 1 Get 2 Free):thumbsup2; Transformers Optimus Prime $19.99 (Usually $39.99). DS(4) is very into the action figures and super heroes this year and Toys R Us had a great sale on that kind of stuff.

The Disney Store had 20% off everything in the store (including sale prices). Got DS sweatshirts for $6.00, a robe for $12.00, and myself a Christmas Nightgown for $15.00:woohoo:

I actually got all of my shopping, except for one gift card, done today:thumbsup2

Sorry you weren't able to find anything you needed/wanted.

lol:rotfl2: the best sales and prices was found before black friday. They (the stores) have raised the prices on many items just for today. Last week I was able to get the power tour guitar for $32.99 at walmart. today the guitar is $48.99. On Amazon last week ,after price adjustment we got 3 leapster games for $24 reg price $49. We also pick up a 42 in lcd for $650 a few weeks ago at sears. I think in the coming weeks things will be lower.

Yeah, I wasn't that impressed with the deals this year. My favorite was the digital photo frame for 49.88 (came out to 53 and change) at walmart. Everything else....eh

I hope this brand works out for you. My parents and I both had a DVD player from that brand and they both broke. Maybe the frame will be different. Good luck with it.

We used to always get up for BF (I remember standing in line for 2 hours at Michael's when I was 9 months pregnant -- and young and foolish, LOL!), but this year, there was nothing we needed to get.

I ordered memory cards and a Wii game from Best Buy online last night (same price as the BF ad w/free shipping) and when dh went out to Home Depot today, he stopped by Meijer and picked up a few things from their ad that we wanted, too. No rush, no hurry, no waiting in the frigid Michigan darkness for hours! :thumbsup2

I got the best deals pre-black-friday online...

$699 HD Plasma TV at Sears
$99 GPS Circuit City
Wii games B1G1F
Dell Laptop $399

Skipped over to Walmart this am (9:30 am) and got wave ridge $50, $3 movies, $29 1080 HD DVD Player, and $50 portable DVD Player. No lines and no waiting for me this year. My Christmas shopping is done! LIFE IS GOOD!:banana:

This was the first time in 9 years that I haven't gone out early on BF. Usually every year I go through each ad and make a list of which stores I need to go to and the items I'm after. I then try to figure out how to get to them all as quickly as possible. I've even tag-teamed with a friend where we'll run in, one grabs a shopping cart and gets in line while the other dashes through the store picking up the door busters.

For weeks now I've been reading the BF threads on this board and visiting BF web sites. I kept thinking -- "Well, maybe I just need to see the ads in person." So yesterday I looked through everything to make my lists and couldn't come up with a reason to go out aside from some things at Kohl's that were $1 less than the usual "50% off." The only thing I really wanted was the digital photo frame at Wal-Mart but then my electronic guru DH said it was not good quality, so I passed on that.

I woke up at 7:30, left at 8:00 for Best Buy to get DH a PC game that was 1/2 off and also ended up buying DD the Nintendogs DS bundle (pink DS, starter kit & free Over the Hedge game) for $149. She already has a DS but it's not a lite. I figured I could sell hers on Craig's list to offset the price of the new one. Then, I went to Kohl's, but the check-out lines were wrapped around the inside of the store. No way was I standing in line for 1 1/2 hours to save around $10 - $15.00 so I left and came home.

It was truly disappointing. I had money burning a hole in my pocket and nothing to spend it on! The deals just weren't very good or we already had what good deals were out there.

I normally go ever year also, but not this year. There was not one place i really wanted to go.

After reading through the ads with DH last night, we decided there wasn't anything to get up for. I had, however, been eyeing the Sex and the City complete series that was 50% off at Best Buy (making it $99 - a steal!). But, I knew I could get it online...

So, at around 8 this morning, popped online, and wouldn't you know it, SOLD OUT! So, I decided to hit the BB in town (45 min. away). I was there by 10, got the last one, got seasons 3-6 for my sister, and then hit Macy's (2 $120 dresses for $60 total!) and some Christmas decorations - that's it! Sooo - a couple treats for me, but nothing that I HAD to have! :cool1:

I ended up going out around 6:45, got a few things at Target (AA batteries, blank CDs) and hooked my sister up with a keyboard-- she was in the line from &*!! at Toys R Us and couldn't get there. Then I went home. Anticlimactic BF to say the least. BUT, I did get a wireless router from Amazon that came in the mail today:cool1: . I am loving being unplugged!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter