A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

After having some time for the reality to sink in, I wanted to talked to someone to help with the sadness. I told my husband that a dear friend from the Dis had passed unexpectanly. I didn't even realize what I had said until later. I had called him my friend. Even though I didn't have the good fortune to meet him, through the podcast I felt like a friend. At the end of every podcast, bob left a smile on my face and sometimes tears in my eyes (from laughing so hard)!

To Pete, Kevin, John, Julie and Corey....I also consider all of you my friends. I might never meet you face to face but please know this; my love, friendship and prayers go out to each and everyone of you. When time has healed your heart enough to return to doing the podcast, I will be right there listening, sheding a few tears for the empty seat and the quiet mic.

~Amanda~

I have just returned from Disney World back to the UK and was saddened by the news about Bob. I want to express my sincere condolences to Bob's family, friends and all the podcast crew.

Dean.

That is very sad news. Last year in planning my families 1st ever trip, I began listening to the podcasts and Bob & crew really gave us information that made our trip so much more special. I have continued to listen to the podcasts since, to make sure I keep in touch with the World!! Bob you will be missed by a family in Waco, Texas!!!

I just started listening to the podcast a few weeks ago and I am saddened by Bob's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with the podcast team as well as Bob's family.

I never met Bob but i feel like i knew him and laughed with him every week. Bob was a wonderful person and even changed my mind about New :earsboy: :earsboy: :grouphug: Englanders, my cowrokers were always wondering why I was laughing so hard at work and i had to stop and tell them about this crazy guy with a crazy accent named Bob. He will be missed and now he is in Disney forever.

With Love,
Danielle Groeger Dever, Co

Sending my love for Bob's family and friends, and the whole Disney online community. When the Unplugged crew can find the strength to return to their microphones, I'll be listening with an open heart.

It has been nice to hear the well wishes from hosts of other podcasts this week (ie; Inside the Magic, WDW Radio).

Baruch Dayan Ha'emet

I have just heard the very sad news. From lisitening to the Pod cast weekly, I just loved to always hear what Bob had to say. He sounded like a man that really loved what he did. I know I will miss hear he very distinctive voice.He will be missed.My thoughts are with you all. Mike

Just returned from WDW & DCL and logged on to The DIS for the first time in eight days and am in shock at the news. I am am so stunned and sorry to hear this awful news. My thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family and extended Podcast family.:sad2:

Dennis-

I just heard about Bob today. Bob and all of you always make me smile when I listen to the podcast. My prayers are with all of you.

Melissa:sad1:

i found out today about Bob. i was listening to the end of Inside the Magic and Ricky started talking about a lady who sent in an e-mail about Bob. I gasped and put my hand over my mouth when Ricky read that Bob had passed away. i was shaking from the unexpected news. i have thought about Bob and the podcast crew off and on all day. i kept telling myself that i don't even know these people! but I DO! i have enjoyed the podcast for about 4 or 5 months. i downloaded every episode and have listened to them for a whole day straight at times. my thoughts and prayers are with the podcast crew and Bob's family. i wish there was something i could do....i hope the podcast crew continues the podcast. whenever they can come together and record again, i will be listening. :)

So sad....I've been away from the board for a while and how terrible to come back and see this news. Bob will be missed by so many.

My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Bob will be missed by all of us who never even met him. Thoughts, prayers and support go to his family, Diana and Brian, and to the podcast gang as they continue without him.

i recently heard the wdwradio show and lou mongello at the end of this weeks show mentions his passing. thought that was nice and id share w/ you all.

I too heard of Bawbs passing on the WDW radio show this week and my heart sank. I am so sorry for the family and friends. It's funny how you can just imagine how you knew somebody without even formerly meeting them. Prayers and healing thoughts for everyone. The Podcast will have a hole in it without the witty words of Bawb.

I feel like I have lost a dear friend because I have. I never met Bob but like many of us he was such a part of our lives that I think of him as a friend.

My 12 year old daughter and I listen to the show every week without fail.

Bob will always be in our hearts and minds

Truly Sad in Shillington Pa 19607

I just saw this thread, as I don't go to the podcast board very often. Bob will be sorely missed.

My condolences to Bob's family and to the Podcast team.

I still cant beleave he is gone, he will be missed. My thoughts and prayers gose out to his family and firends. I will miss the boot and i will miss cartcam!

Warm thoughts and prayers go out to Bob's family. BOb will be terribly missed.

Thank you, Bob for many wonderful memories

Pat Hughes

Took me this long to finally put my fingers to the keyboard and add in my condolences.

It still seems so unreal that Bawb is gone. It will be hard to hear the first podcast without him... and I am sure it will be especially hard for the team to record it. Although I am looking forward to it.

Losing a friend you've never met... how does one handle this?
I have been reading things everyone else has been posting daily, for over a week now.:surfweb: At least I know I am not alone in my grief.

The feelings of confusion are unfamiliar. I have lost grandparents who lived long, full lives, but no unexpected tragedies.

I just can't imagine how hard this is for all of the family... including the podcast family. Because you are all like friends to me too (Pete, Kevin, Julie, Corey, John), I feel for you too.

So, sending thoughts and prayers... :grouphug:

Marcy

I'm so sorry to hear of Bawb's passing. I"m mostly a lurker but I came to the board today fearing that something was wrong when I realized that my favorite podcast hadn't updated in 2 weeks. I thought it was my feed...sadly it is so much worse. My condolances and prayers go out to the Varley family and the entire podcast team. Bob had such strong character you couldn't help but love him and what he had to add. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you.:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter