A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

With my weird schedule, I'm sorry to say I'm just hearing about this today. What a shock to the system. I hope everyone else is doing as well as can be expected. I know I'm struggling here, but reading the stories from Bob's closest friends and reading the posts of the rest of us who knew him only through the website does help.

Part of the process of healing is relaying stories about the lost loved one. It's amazing that almost everyone posting has never personally met Bob or even talked to him, yet we all feel like we were friends with him on some level, and we all have stories to tell, even if we weren't personally involved in them. For me, the first one that comes to mind was when Bob brought in the cooler with the empty Dole Whip cups, and how flabbergasted Pete was. I've told that story before and I'm sure I'll tell it again, smiling the whole time. Only Bob....

From listening to the podcasts and watching Kaht Kam and reading his blog, Bob had that special gift of making everyone feel like he was their friend. In a way, he was. And from what we hear from those that were his close friends, it appears that Bob would have truly loved to meet every single one of us. When I listened to the podcast, I often thought of my upcoming trip in October and hoped I would run into Bob so I could introduce myself and thank him for all of the work he puts into the podcast and the website. I would have been so happy to introduce him to my wife and my baby girl and show them one of the people responsible for sustaining my Disney obsession. I would have felt so cool if I met him and had my picture taken with him. I feel like he was representing us from Massachusetts (especially with the accent) and he was doing a great job.

Bob, it goes without saying that you will be missed greatly by those who spent time with you daily to those that only got to spend time listening to you weekly. You have touched the lives of so many and we are all better off for it.

There's one thing I know. You've still got my vote for President. See you sometime in the future.

all of my thoughts and prayers are with bob's family & friends.

the dis just won't be the same without him.

I almost always download the shows on the days they come out, this week I didn't have access for the past few days so I am just finding out now...I wish I still didn't have access.

R.I.P. from another MA native who enjoyed your accent and your sense of humor on the show. I'm a 31 yr old guy who never met you yet I am fighting tears as i type this...

I'm very saddened by this news.

I may be a fairly recent listener, but I couldn't hold back the tears when I read the news, and I was in shock.
I'm here in WDW for my first trip, which is why I got the news a little late.

As I was touring Epcot today, I thought about Bawb often... I had did so on the previous days too... wondering if I would meet him and is cart... wondering if that man in the cart could be him over there?...

...I must explain that being in a wheelchair myself, and being very new at this, him using a cart meant a lot to me.

So today in the park, each time Bawb came to mind, the news dawned on me again and again. How could it be true?! :sad2:

Bawb's famly, which means all you Podcast team guys too, will be in my thoughts.
I wish you all the courage to go through this hardest of times... :flower3:

He will be greatly missed and heaven just got a great new soul.
:angel:

So sad to hear. Bob will sorely be missed. I will keep Bob, his family and the podcast team in my prayers.

I am so so so sorry to hear this!!! I havn't been on the DIS Unplugged boards for a while, and to hear this just brought tears to my eyes. To Bob, may he rest in peace.

We just returned from a cruise/vacation a couple of days ago. I had gone straight to the podcasts I missed while away. Then came here to see what was happening. What awful news.

I loved everything about Bawb in the podcasts and the videos on youtube. He seemed like a genuine person, a kid at heart. Loved hearing his voice.

My thoughts are with all of you today and tomorrow, and in the days to come.

I have been away from the boards this week, and just logged on to down load the newest podcast and saw your message. I am so saddened by Bob's passing. My daughter and I had just talked about looking for him and his cart when we come down the end of May. I have never met any of you, but you have become a part of our family's life. We just enjoy you all so much and we were looking forward to meeting all of you on the podcast cruise. Bob will be missed on your show, and even though we had never met, I will always think of him when I enter any of the parks at WDW. I hope he and Walt are talking things over at this very moment.

Our prayers go out to his family and to all the podcase crew.:grouphug:

For all of us true Disney believers - there must be a magical place waiting for those who simply wanted to be around and do good.

Dh listened to the podcasts and always enjoyed them. What a sad day. Our families thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

I never met Bawb. Fortunately I had the pleasure knowing the man through the podcast, even if it was for just a small bit of time each week. He made life more fun and the world around him a little better by the joy he spread around. I'm grateful for the experience and saddened by the loss.

Thanks for the memories Bawb.

You'll be missed but never forgotten.

I've only just started listening to the podcasts, but already Bob has made a huge impact on me, I'm so sad that he's gone and my prayers are with his wife, family and all the podcast team.

My prayers are with the podcast team and Bawb's family. I am truly sorry for your loss. Like many others, I never had the pleasure of meeting him but I feel like I have lost a good friend. He brightened many of my days with his wit and humor and I will miss him very much.

Very sad. I just started listening to podcasts and Bob was a great contributor to the team. Very sorry to the family and best wishes.

Tim/Hawk

To the Varley family,

My family and I pray for Bob may he rest in peace. I wish I was able to come to the Memorial but because I am going to be in Florida in less then a month unfortunately, I was not able to get the finances to make a sudden trip this close to the next trip. We will all miss Bob and his humor and character that he brought to the podcast every week.

Best wishes and prayers,

The Durrani Family

It was with great shock and sadness that I just saw the tribute video. It's amazing how much someone can feel like a part of your life without ever actually meeting them. My heart breaks for his family. It is a loss felt by many.

I am so sorry for the family and fellow disers that knew and love Bawb...The tribute was so nice. Thanks for putting it up. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter