A very sad day -your thoughts and prayers are needed

Such sad news, I met Bob once and he was very gracious.
My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.

I am in shock as are so many others. I was not able to get to a computer yeaterday and I could not belive it when I went to the Podcast main page. I was going to the you tube link because my son loves to watch the send Bob to the parks segment at mgm. I am in tears at this tragic news. I never met Bob in person but I feel as if I know him and I looked for him in the parks during our last trip. My heart goes out to Diana and Brian, I had a similar expereince with the circumstances around my fathers death and I know how traumatized she is right now. My thoughts and prayers are with you Pete, John, Julie, Corey, Kevin, Regina, and the entire Dis family. :grouphug:
Jennifer

RIP Bob....You have touched many people through the podcast (as does everyone else) You will be missed by many the world over.

I hope you have a nice walk in Main St. in the sky.

Like everyon else, my thoughts and prayers are with Bob's Family and the podcast crew. :sad2:

Bob will be missed by many, many that have not had the pleasure of meeting him in person. I also have only come to know him via the podcast, boards, and kart cam videos. He has touched us all. I miss him.

My prayers are with his family and friends during this this difficult time.

omg i cant believe it
how sad for all of us who loved hearing him
my prayers go out to his family-i dont even know what to say!
what a loss!:sad1:

Bob has been my friend for many many years. I have known Bob long before he got involved with the DIS and Dreams. We were golfing buddies. We used to play with another friend almost every Wed. We missed Bob when he moved down to Florida, but still kept in touch. The first year Bob and his family settled into their new home, he invited us to stay with them for a few days in January. We have now been doing this for the past 8 January's. My friend Mike and I brought our golf clubs and all we did was play golf, laugh, and eat at great restaurants Bob had found. Bob loved to eat good food and he loved to play golf. No one in our little group is very good. Actually on occasion we have been known to embellish our scores. OK we cheat a little, or as we like to call it, we play "Varley Golf"

One of the funniest memories I have of Bob was one of the first times I ever played golf with him. This is when Mike and I were first introduced to "Varley Golf".

Bob teed up his ball and then proceeded to hit a less than desirable shot. I then started to tee my ball up so I could hit my shot. Bob "said wait I'm not done yet." He then took another golf ball out of his pocket, teed it up and hit another less than desirable shot. Then he hit another, and another, and yet another. I think he hit six or seven in all, I lost count. He kept hitting until he was satisfied. When we all finally got to the green and finished the hole. I was keeping score, so I asked Bob what he got for a score, so I could mark it down. He turned to me and said,"I got a par". "Varley Golf" was born!!

I'm going to miss our golf adventures. I'm going to miss his wit and his sense of humor. I miss my friend. Rest in Peace Bobby.

Dear Team -

I was looking forward to the podcast like normal, I got to work today and jumped to the site to listen.

I am now setting at my desk remembering all the laughter Bob brought to my day and how he lightened my boring day of paper pushing. I even smile at how his cartcam videos made me want to hurl like spinning a tea cup just a little to much.

My thoughts are with you all during this time. Bob will be missed by many but I am sure St. Peter will not require a finger scan. After all it's Bob.

We look forward to the podcast teams return but I am sure I speak for all the listeners, we will all be here when you return, please take time to reflect and remember...we all will.

Bob you are missed.

There is no doubt that God has welcomed Bob into heaven with open arms. There's also no doubt that he's telling Bob right now, it's heaven Bob, not heavern. We mourn the loss of a great friend to all of us, even though most of us had never met him. We will miss him terribly, and our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends, the ones who knew him best. Pete, if you can, please post a charitable organization that Diane would like contributions made to, in Bob's memory. Thanks.

I have to say that DH and I just got back from our trip to atlantic city and was stunned to find this out.
Our hearts and prayers go out to the family and everyone who loved him.

Bob has been my friend for many many years. I have known Bob long before he got involved with the DIS and Dreams. We were golfing buddies. We used to play with another friend almost every Wed. We missed Bob when he moved down to Florida, but still kept in touch. The first year Bob and his family settled into their new home, he invited us to stay with them for a few days in January. We have now been doing this for the past 8 January's. My friend Mike and I brought our golf clubs and all we did was play golf, laugh, and eat at great restaurants Bob had found. Bob loved to eat good food and he loved to play golf. No one in our little group is very good. Actually on occasion we have been known to embellish our scores. OK we cheat a little, or as we like to call it, we play "Varley Golf"

One of the funniest memories I have of Bob was one of the first times I ever played golf with him. This is when Mike and I were first introduced to "Varley Golf".

Bob teed up his ball and then proceeded to hit a less than desirable shot. I then started to tee my ball up so I could hit my shot. Bob "said wait I'm not done yet." He then took another golf ball out of his pocket, teed it up and hit another less than desirable shot. Then he hit another, and another, and yet another. I think he hit six or seven in all, I lost count. He kept hitting until he was satisfied. When we all finally got to the green and finished the hole. I was keeping score, so I asked Bob what he got for a score, so I could mark it down. He turned to me and said,"I got a par". "Varley Golf" was born!!

I'm going to miss our golf adventures. I'm going to miss his wit and his sense of humor. I miss my friend. Rest in Peace Bobby.

:grouphug:
Thank you for sharing your memories of Bawb with us. Those of us who listen regularly to the podcast know what "Varley Golf" is and have heard of the great times he has had playing with his friends. I hope you pass along to the rest of Bawb's friends and family how much we will all miss him too.

My name is Angela Roberts and I live in Las Vegas. I registered yesterday so that I can personally thank each and every single one of you for the kind words relating to the early departure of Bob Varley. Diana brought the wonderful blogs to my attention last night and I know that they mean a lot to her. There will be good days and bad days to come in our future, but we know that Bob will be with us forever. So thank you for letting the family know how much Bob meant to all of you, the words, thoughts, and prayers mean more than words can express.

Sincerely,
Bob's Vegas Daughter.

My heart goes out to all Bobs family and friends. He has touched more lives and spread more joy then you will ever know!

My name is Angela Roberts and I live in Las Vegas. I registered yesterday so that I can personally thank each and every single one of you for the kind words relating to the early departure of Bob Varley. Diana brought the wonderful blogs to my attention last night and I know that they mean a lot to her. There will be good days and bad days to come in our future, but we know that Bob will be with us forever. So thank you for letting the family know how much Bob meant to all of you, the words, thoughts, and prayers mean more than words can express.

Sincerely,
Bob's Vegas Daughter.

:grouphug:
Angela,
Thank you for taking the time to stop by our boards. If there is anything we can do, please let us know. You and your family have my deepest sympathies.

I am very sad to hear about Bob's passing. I always hoped that someday my wife and I would be down at Disney and have the chance to meet Bob. He always made me laugh, my co-workers probably think I am nuts. It is indeed a very sad day. Our prayers and hearts go out to Bob's family and friends.

Doug

My thoughts & prayers are with Diana and all of Bob's family & friends. My DH and I enjoyed listening to him on the podcast, and he will truly be missed. :grouphug:

I'm very saddened to learn of Bob's passing. My sincere condolences to his friends and family. Never met Bob, but feel like we've lost a friend.

Si Si, Monsier! has become a typical response around here. Bob will be sorely missed.

This is extremely sad news. Bob... Rest in Peace.

Our family, also wants to send our condolences to Diana and all of Bob’s family.

Sincerely,

The Mullen Family in WI & MO

I am so sorry to hear this news. My sympathies go out to Bob's friends and loved ones, especially his wife. Bob touched many lives and brought a smile to many people.

Sincerely,
Bob's Vegas Daughter.

((((((((Angela))))))))) Hugs to you and your entire family. I am SO sorry for your loss. Please give an especially big hug to Diana for us.

We are always here for all of you.

Amy P from WI

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter