• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Ten Day Ride on A Magic Camel - Almost Finished Trip Report

this seems useful information...thanks for sharing...

Are you planning a Christmas or Thanksgiving trip?

Okay I was crying. I will admit it too. The sad thing is we had alreaqdy canceled our trip last July. My son had to have surgery & then weeks of PT so we did not have the time to go. Maybe I can get there this coming July & then again over Christmas.

I really hope you and Kay are able to take your trip. It would be good for you to be able to have a girls only trip.

What time in July? We're already booked for our end of July trip, so maybe we'll see you there. I believe we're the 25th to August 3rd.

I actually did talk to Kay this morning. The way our schedules are, we hardly ever see each other, and we don't even talk on the phone but maybe once a month. She works in a hospital as a nurse technician and is going to nursing school, so she's very busy, too. Anyway, she was leaning toward the yes side of going this morning, but that could change, of course. I think it will be best for us to wait until the first week of January and get all the holiday stuff behind us, see how our finances are doing, and then make a decision. The dates we are scheduled to go are during the Flower and Garden Festival, so that makes it even more enticing.

I'm ready for the new TR! popcorn::

I will start my picture TR when I'm back home for X-mas Break, since I'll have a whole month off to do it! But, I'll let you know when it starts to you get jump on board! :)

Are you planning a Christmas or Thanksgiving trip?

What time in July? We're already booked for our end of July trip, so maybe we'll see you there. I believe we're the 25th to August 3rd.

I actually did talk to Kay this morning. The way our schedules are, we hardly ever see each other, and we don't even talk on the phone but maybe once a month. She works in a hospital as a nurse technician and is going to nursing school, so she's very busy, too. Anyway, she was leaning toward the yes side of going this morning, but that could change, of course. I think it will be best for us to wait until the first week of January and get all the holiday stuff behind us, see how our finances are doing, and then make a decision. The dates we are scheduled to go are during the Flower and Garden Festival, so that makes it even more enticing.

I think we are going around the 12th but I am waiting for my duaghter to decide for sure when she can go. She is supposed to let me know after the first of the year. We usually stay for about 17 days so we may still get to see you.

I hope you and Kay can work the trip out. That would be great.

I will definitely be following your next trip report if / when you write it!! I love the pictures that you take MeMom-- the little things give my stomach butterflies almost more than the big things.

thanks for checking for me! do you remember where they offered the throw with mickey and minnie on the front?

really? YOU took pictures???? :lmao: ;)

glad to hear you're home safe and that you had a nice time. i know it stinks to be back home but you'll be back soon! i can't say that after this next trip, so i will probably be in a deep, dark depression for awhile after we return.

by the way, i was deleting my saved messages on my cell phone this morning and i listened to the osborne lights music again and realized i will be there in exactly 11 days!!!!!! :banana:

yes, i'm quoting myself. just thought maybe you missed it because you usually respond to my questions (inquiring disney minds want to know!). no hurry - just figured you missed this.

yes, i'm quoting myself. just thought maybe you missed it because you usually respond to my questions (inquiring disney minds want to know!). no hurry - just figured you missed this.

Sorry.
It's all I've been able to do to get caught up with life. Feel free to call or text any time I don't answer here.

The Mickey and Minnie throws were all over the place. Those throws and the tote bags were in many of the resort gift shops and park gift shops. I think Magic Kingdom was the only place that had the castle throws, though. I got Erica's and Jill's at The Emporium. I think I saw the M & M ones in MouseGear, World of Disney, Beverly Sunset at HS, and maybe Island Mercantile at AK. I know I saw them in other places, too, because every time I saw them I contemplated getting one, and I know I contemplated at many different places! Sorry I can't be exact, but I don't think you're going to have any trouble finding them, if they don't run out or anything. You could call Disney Merchandising and maybe they could be more specific.

Sorry.
It's all I've been able to do to get caught up with life. Feel free to call or text any time I don't answer here.

The Mickey and Minnie throws were all over the place. Those throws and the tote bags were in many of the resort gift shops and park gift shops. I think Magic Kingdom was the only place that had the castle throws, though. I got Erica's and Jill's at The Emporium. I think I saw the M & M ones in MouseGear, World of Disney, Beverly Sunset at HS, and maybe Island Mercantile at AK. I know I saw them in other places, too, because every time I saw them I contemplated getting one, and I know I contemplated at many different places! Sorry I can't be exact, but I don't think you're going to have any trouble finding them, if they don't run out or anything. You could call Disney Merchandising and maybe they could be more specific.

thanks so much! i have a feeling i will be getting both if they're still available, although i REALLY don't have any business spending $80 on stuff!

oh, and i didn't mean to be demanding. i just figured you'd missed that post because i know how crazy life can be coming back from disney! hope your first day back at school was a good one! can't wait to start reading about your trip.

8 days!!!!!!! :dance3:

Did you mention tote bags.....:lovestruc :lovestruc ......did you take a pic?

I did. I don't remember at what point, though. I'll see if it is one of the ones that were already loaded on the computer, and if so, I'll post it.

Dawn, while I'm up here freezing, you'll be wandering around down there in short sleeves, enjoying the sunshine. It was such a huge contrast coming back here. When we left All Star Music, people were in the pool and sitting at the outside tables. This morning, I had to fight the ice to get my car door open!

Dawn, while I'm up here freezing, you'll be wandering around down there in short sleeves, enjoying the sunshine. It was such a huge contrast coming back here. When we left All Star Music, people were in the pool and sitting at the outside tables. This morning, I had to fight the ice to get my car door open!

it's cold here, too. i actually wore a scarf and gloves today. that's very unusual for georgia. it gets cold here but usually not this early and usually not for this long.

was it HOT or just really nice while you were there? i'm trying to figure out what to wear and it's driving me crazy. when ray and i were there end of april/beginning of may it was so nice and then at night we'd get chilly and put on hoodies. when erica and i went in september it was HOT and HUMID.

MeMom I didn't realize you got frozen ice there in Tenn. Do you get snow too?

Punkin I bet you wish you were there in WDW today.

You girls could never survive up here, we have winter/snow/cold for several months. Today was actually mild compared to the last few days. The snow makes it feel like Christmas. :)

I'm ready for the new TR! popcorn::

I will start my picture TR when I'm back home for X-mas Break, since I'll have a whole month off to do it! But, I'll let you know when it starts to you get jump on board! :)

It'll probably be this weekend before I can get pictures loaded, but hopefully we'll be putting up pictures of Disney Christmas trees for you to see while you are sitting in the glow of your own Christmas tree.

Of course, you know how our reports go. You'll still be looking at pictures of Disney Christmas trees when you're making out your Valentine's cards, too! ;)

I think we are going around the 12th but I am waiting for my duaghter to decide for sure when she can go. She is supposed to let me know after the first of the year. We usually stay for about 17 days so we may still get to see you.

I hope you and Kay can work the trip out. That would be great.

Maybe we'll overlap a few days, and if we do, we'll plan to meet up.

I hope it works out for us to go, too, because she needs a break from her stressful life, and she always enjoys Disney World.

I will definitely be following your next trip report if / when you write it!! I love the pictures that you take MeMom-- the little things give my stomach butterflies almost more than the big things.

I don't know that I did so great on picture-taking this time. I have a lot of decorations and shops, and I have the rides that Brooklynn did. We didn't see a lot of shows or ride a bunch of big people rides this time. I had a lot of requests for Christmas decorations and gift shops, so I think those people will be okay. I really haven't even gone back to look at them yet. We put them on the computer every couple of nights and cleared the memory card, and I haven't looked back.

Whatever we ended up with, I hope you will enjoy them. I like to find all the little things, too. Disney is so detailed.

thanks so much! i have a feeling i will be getting both if they're still available, although i REALLY don't have any business spending $80 on stuff!

oh, and i didn't mean to be demanding. i just figured you'd missed that post because i know how crazy life can be coming back from disney! hope your first day back at school was a good one! can't wait to start reading about your trip.

8 days!!!!!!! :dance3:

I got the castle one for Jill, but I never got the Mickey and Minnie one. I did very well on my souvenir purchases this time. I spent so much money on the Liberty Tree Tavern and Chef Mickey meals that I had to cut back elsewhere. I got a few Christmas ornaments, a CD, a backpack for Brooklynn for Christmas, a dress for Isabella, and a few other things. I'll try to get them all together and take a picture before I clear this last memory card so I can show it all, but I really was quite proud of myself for not spending a ton on gifts for either us or friends.

it's cold here, too. i actually wore a scarf and gloves today. that's very unusual for georgia. it gets cold here but usually not this early and usually not for this long.

was it HOT or just really nice while you were there? i'm trying to figure out what to wear and it's driving me crazy. when ray and i were there end of april/beginning of may it was so nice and then at night we'd get chilly and put on hoodies. when erica and i went in september it was HOT and HUMID.

In the morning it was very cool. We needed hoodies at the bus stop. As the sun came up and we started walking around, it was perfect. Not too hot, not too cold. At night, the hoodies went back on. People were in the pool all the time, even though you could see that they were freezing when they got out of the water. As long as they stayed in the heated water, they seemed to be having a blast, though, so it must have been comfortably warm.

It was colder than when we were there last year on both the November and December trips, but I can't say if it will stay that way. I kept checking the ten day forecast, and it said 50s to 70s with little to no rain, and that held true.

MeMom I didn't realize you got frozen ice there in Tenn. Do you get snow too?

Punkin I bet you wish you were there in WDW today.

You girls could never survive up here, we have winter/snow/cold for several months. Today was actually mild compared to the last few days. The snow makes it feel like Christmas. :)

We have 20-30-40 degree winters with a snowfall here and there and an occasional ice storm. Since we don't have all the equipment for clearing streets and all, if we get anything, we're in bad shape. Ice is more of a problem than snow. At the mention of one drop of snow or ice, the grocery stores get slammed with people, and we buy bread and milk and whatever else we can grab and act like we're going to be snowed in for weeks! If there is the slightest mention of snow, it'll be the headline news story and there will be news reporters at every Kroger in the city.

Northerners would have a real reason to make fun of us, for sure!

I can wait to see more of your Christmas pictures.

You know, I'm looking forward to looking at them again, because I didn't really have a chance to see them a second time. I shot them, and then they went on the computer, and I haven't been on that computer since. We put them on Trent's, and this one that I use is our grade level laptop, so I can't put things on it. Trent has been on his trying to finish up school stuff. I am anxious to show you all the pretty Christmas decorations to help get us all in the Christmas spirit!

Okay, gotta get moving. Drew gets up early to go to work, and he missed me fixing him something hot for breakfast every morning while we were gone. It's one of those little things I can easily do to make his day start better, so I do it gladly.

Have a great day, and stay warm!

Welcome Home MeMom!

Sorry I missed you on November 24th... my day was filled with cat-naps, catching up on missed TV, giving my cats loads and loads of fuss and catching up with hubby who I'd missed so much.

I got online too late to say goodbye and update you on my trip (briefly!)

Glad to hear you had a fantastic trip!
Mum and I did too - seems a lifetime ago already!!!

Can't wait to start reading your new trip report.

Julie xxx

Okay, gotta get moving. Drew gets up early to go to work, and he missed me fixing him something hot for breakfast every morning while we were gone. It's one of those little things I can easily do to make his day start better, so I do it gladly.

Wow, you are SUPER-MEMOM!! Can I come live with you? I am sitting here debating how much dising I can squeeze in before leaving early for work to stay ahead of the snow coming. I commute 1 hour both ways and they are predicting 3-4 inches and high winds by 2:00 this afternoon. :scared1: I think I will leave after my class and work from home this afternoon!

I am excitted to see the decorations, it will help me deal with the next few weeks of being very busy at work, wev'e had a person quit, another off for personal reasons and another off for an injury. It should make it quite interesting....:eek: and this is not the time to be short 3 people. These are the busiest weeks of the year. :santa:

You are a kind and sweet mom to make him breakfast, I'm sure he missed you very much last week. I am lucky too, my DMom makes the lunches and breakfast in the mornings. How spoiled am I. I :lovestruc her.

I have to share something that happened yesterday. As I was pulling out of the driveway my 8ft inflateable Santa Mickey waved at me. It was too cute, made my morning. (okay, his arm was caught in the string and the wind was blowing, but it was still a wave). :cloud9: Last week I found a piece of Mickey confetti at the cash, I kept it in hopes of bringing me some Disney good luck. Maybe somehow it was to remind me of you on your trip. Did you blow a little confetti up here? :hug:

We have 20-30-40 degree winters with a snowfall here and there and an occasional ice storm. Since we don't have all the equipment for clearing streets and all, if we get anything, we're in bad shape. Ice is more of a problem than snow. At the mention of one drop of snow or ice, the grocery stores get slammed with people, and we buy bread and milk and whatever else we can grab and act like we're going to be snowed in for weeks! If there is the slightest mention of snow, it'll be the headline news story and there will be news reporters at every Kroger in the city.

Northerners would have a real reason to make fun of us, for sure!

Even up here the mad rush for snow shovels always makes the news... I always wonder what people do with their shovels from last year that causes the need for another at the first snowflake???:confused3

MeMom I'll be sure to let you know when we figure out our exact days. It would be great to get to meet up.

Ok I could have sworn I responded last night. :confused:

anyway, welcome back. the first pics up looks great.

Sounds like you had a great time and cannot wait to hear about it.

Last week I found a piece of Mickey confetti at the cash, I kept it in hopes of bringing me some Disney good luck. Maybe somehow it was to remind me of you on your trip. Did you blow a little confetti up here? :hug:

Oh my gosh, a couple days ago I found a piece of Mickey confetti on my laundry room floor. Cute little guy just sitting there waiting to give me a smile! How wierd it happened to both of us this week! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter