A Summer Wedding and a Disney Trip CANCELLED, HELP DECIDE WHEN WE'LL GO IN 2011

Love the PTR so far! You have a beautiful family and I am also loving the place that you are having the reception! It looks so awesome!

Where is the best place to buy pins? Before we get to Disney that is! We started on our last trip but they only had 3 a piece and I made the mistake of buying them their favorite characters. They didn't want to trade them :eek: Of course they wouldn't want to. I don't know what I was thinking. Emily did do 1 trade and had so much fun with it. I know they'll all enjoy it next time. I want them to have at least 8 a piece. I have bought some from mousepinsonline before and through disneyshopping. I just want to make sure i'm not missing out on any "hot spots" to buy them. Thanks!!!

I knew I had seen something mentioned before; but DisneyJo just mentioned this on another thread. she buys grab bags for their trading

http://www.mousepinsonline.com/tp40/Default.asp?ID=18157

There is a wonderful seller on ebay that I've been buying from for years and years. His user name is "sellandship". He recently started doing ebay sells full time when he bought two warehouses of Disney merchandise. He has always had really great pin prices and will give shipping discounts for multiple auction wins. Tell him "mickeystoontown" sent you.

Great choice on the colors of the dresses for your wedding.:goodvibes

Great pictures too!!!Oh...those caramel apples look so yummy!!We just went apple picking the other day and I have been baking up a storm trying to use up all the apples. I completely forgot about making caramel apples.:confused3 I'm putting it on my list of things to do next week!! :thumbsup2

Thanks!!! And we still have apples left too. Tonight before I go to Sam's open house we are going to bake an apple pie. Yummm, my favorite.

Love the PTR so far! You have a beautiful family and I am also loving the place that you are having the reception! It looks so awesome!

Thanks, and thanks for joining.:goodvibes

I knew I had seen something mentioned before; but DisneyJo just mentioned this on another thread. she buys grab bags for their trading

http://www.mousepinsonline.com/tp40/Default.asp?ID=18157

Oh, yeah, i've bought pins from that website before but I have never purchased the grab bags, that's probably a better idea.

There is a wonderful seller on ebay that I've been buying from for years and years. His user name is "sellandship". He recently started doing ebay sells full time when he bought two warehouses of Disney merchandise. He has always had really great pin prices and will give shipping discounts for multiple auction wins. Tell him "mickeystoontown" sent you.

Oooo, Thanks, I'll do that. I'll feel much better buying from someone that someone else knows is "good" Thanks.

So i've been on the creative disigns thread having some designs customized. I'm so obsessed with the designs. I loved making the shirts for our last trip and i'm going even crazier with these. I got 2 for Epcot, 2 for MK, 1 for AK,and 1 for DHS. I may stop there, I may not we'll see. I made 3 for each child for our last trip and I wished I had made more while we were there. The kids got so much attention because of them.;) I want to start making them now, but who knows who will have a growth spurt and not fit in their shirts in 10 months. I would make a size up, but I'd hate to waste them if the size doesn't work out. Maybe after Christmas will be a safe time. I can start stocking up on the transfer sheets now though. Them darn things aren't cheap!!

Some of my favorites so far are our shirts for our Epcot days. 1 set is a neat design with a Monorail passing through around the "ball" with our names on it and 2010. I believe it says "Touring the World" The other set is: For the girls it is an adorable finding Nemo design and I'm going to attempt to have my friend show me how to sew a skirt from Nemo fabric. How cute will that be. She says it's not too difficult, we'll see. Anthony's 2nd Epcot day shirt has his name on the top and it is a sign that says "Will trade parents for Fast Pass" Isn't that cute.

I also love the ones for our Magic Kingdom days. The girls have a Pretty pink mickey head with a crown on top that says their names and 2010 on it. I haven't found a design for Anthony for this day yet. ( It has to be cool enough or he won't wear it of course) For our second mk day they all have a Pirate design. The girl's pirate ones have Tink on it there too, to girly it up a little and of course Anthony's does not. :goodvibes

For AK, The design just spells out there name in animal print letters, and the girls have Minnie Mouse standing in front of their names.

For our DHS day I found awesome Star Wars designs, even the girls will like these, they are getting into star wars and were excited to find out there was a ride in Disney. We didn't get to that in May. Of course Anthony will like these, he's a Star Wars fan.

So that's what I got so far. I love them all. Last trip it took me forever just to pick out the three designs that I had, but I'm happy I have 6 that i'm crazy about. I am going to double check with Anthony before I make his shirts this time, some of them I know he'll love but others he may just want to skip out on and that is fine with me. I don't want him to feel uncomfortable. He's the kind of teenager that feels like he always has to be "cool" :goodvibes And matching T shirts with his little sisters may just be too much for him to handle. Who knows he may surprise me!!
I might want to look for a design for a shirt to wear while we're traveling. Something like "We're on our way to Disney World" As a matter of fact, i'm going to go look right now :goodvibes

The shirt designs sound really cute. My son, Hunter, will be 13 next trip and he's already a little picky about what he wears. But, I am liking the one that says "Will trade parents for Fastpasses". I'd love to see the design.

We drive to Disney so not many people would see our "We are on our way to Disney" shirt but I still think it's a really neat idea. Let us know if you find a design.

love the tshirt ideas! I was thinking of doing the same! than I decided to give it a shot at doing handmade appliques! will probably do iron ons :lmao::thumbsup2

can't wait to see what you chose to do!!! Anthony will be at the age when it doesn't matter what's on it ... if it has Disney forget it.I had bought us all tshirts Gwendolyn & Joe wore theirs (and still do) but Dayne will not even sleep in his :rotfl:
Have a great day!
:wave2: Connie

The shirt designs sound really cute. My son, Hunter, will be 13 next trip and he's already a little picky about what he wears. But, I am liking the one that says "Will trade parents for Fastpasses". I'd love to see the design.

We drive to Disney so not many people would see our "We are on our way to Disney" shirt but I still think it's a really neat idea. Let us know if you find a design.

I will put the Fastpass design on my photobucket tomorrow so I can post it here for you to see. I'm not sure I remember who did it though. I do love it. As soon as I saw it I knew it was perfect for Anthony.
And we're driving to Disney too, but we have a 20 hour drive so I figured we'd see the "we're going to Disney" shirts and so wouldn't everyone else at the 20+ rest stops we're going to have to stop at. :lmao:

love the tshirt ideas! I was thinking of doing the same! than I decided to give it a shot at doing handmade appliques! will probably do iron ons :lmao::thumbsup2

can't wait to see what you chose to do!!! Anthony will be at the age when it doesn't matter what's on it ... if it has Disney forget it.I had bought us all tshirts Gwendolyn & Joe wore theirs (and still do) but Dayne will not even sleep in his :rotfl:
Have a great day!

I know, I know, :sad1: He's getting older and he's too cool for matching Disney shirts. I am going to try and get him in a few though ;) I'm trying to find some cool ones!!

As soon as I make them in a few months they will of course all be posted.

OMG those caramel apples looked great. I didn't know they had kits like that. I bought the kit where you had to boil the powder and stir it to the right temp. I don't think I got it to the exact temp, because they kinda came out like crap because only a thin layer of caramel would stick :rotfl2:
Yours looked great- I am either going to have to try that next time or invest in a candy thermometer to get the right temperature :confused3.

I soooo want to do the Disigns for our next trip. I was in the Disney store tonight buying Austin 2 new Disney tees (1 Toy Story and 1 Cars) for his b-day in a few weeks. I also did pick up the Leapster this weekend. Toys "R Us had all Leapster products Buy 2 get the 3rd free- so I bought the Leapster and a game (Wall e), and got a gam (Nemo) free! Go me :woohoo:! And thank you for the advice, everyone I talk to says the Leapsters are the best.

I need to get my Halloween Decorations down as well. And I think I am going to invest in one of those cinnamon brooms this year- they smell soooo good.
:3dglasses

Your farm pictures are adorable- I cannot tell you enough what a beautiful family you have.

OMG those caramel apples looked great. I didn't know they had kits like that. I bought the kit where you had to boil the powder and stir it to the right temp. I don't think I got it to the exact temp, because they kinda came out like crap because only a thin layer of caramel would stick :rotfl2:
Yours looked great- I am either going to have to try that next time or invest in a candy thermometer to get the right temperature :confused3.

I soooo want to do the Disigns for our next trip. I was in the Disney store tonight buying Austin 2 new Disney tees (1 Toy Story and 1 Cars) for his b-day in a few weeks. I also did pick up the Leapster this weekend. Toys "R Us had all Leapster products Buy 2 get the 3rd free- so I bought the Leapster and a game (Wall e), and got a gam (Nemo) free! Go me :woohoo:! And thank you for the advice, everyone I talk to says the Leapsters are the best.

I need to get my Halloween Decorations down as well. And I think I am going to invest in one of those cinnamon brooms this year- they smell soooo good.
:3dglasses

Your farm pictures are adorable- I cannot tell you enough what a beautiful family you have.

Yes, the kits are great, I've done them before and had to boil it and my apples came out like you describe yours. Plus this way the kids get to do it all. They had fun and yes, it was so easy.

As for designs, go for it, for your next trip, once you start, you'll be hooked. I cannot wait to start making mine. And you'll be so proud of yourself when you see how they look. I was amazed and Manny thought that I had someone do it for me. We just had no idea they were going to come out so great.

And yay for the leapster, he's going to love it. And good choice on the games, we don't have the Nemo one yet. Maybe for Christmas. My girls also have the Nintendo dss but they still love their leapsters. Such educational games.:goodvibes I play the Wall-e one a lot.;)

So while I was doing my laundry this morning I was thinking.......... About Disney of course. Now I figured on an 8 night stay, with a few nights, probably 3, before that in Orlando just to do a few things around there. Manny likes to do that. But......... as I was thinking I figured if Disney offers free dining (which of course I hope for everyday) it would be cheaper to stay in Disney 3 extra nights instead of staying offsite and paying for things to do and food for those three days. So, that would be a total of 11 nights in Disney World. NOW THAT SOUNDS GREAT TO ME. We can still go into Orlando a few nights out of our stay, but we can break it up instead of just staying in Orlando first. I'm excited, and that would work out better, this way we could drive straight into Disney World instead of being right there and checking into another hotel first, unpacking, and having to pack back up to go over to Disney. I also know myself and Manny and we would most likely end up spending so much money on things to do. Now, once we get into Disney, it's all there for us. :goodvibes

And after I priced it out, it looked even better than I thought it was going to. SO THAT WAS ANOTHER EXCITING MOMENT!!!:woohoo:

I can't even imagine being in Disney for 11 nights. I would be in heaven, the kids would too. Manny ,well, he'll live. He's not the biggest Disney fan :sick: But he does enjoy all of the things we do there.

So, i'll keep it in mind and it will all come down to free dining basically, because if it's not offered we'd be back to our 8 night trip. It costs my family of 6 quite a bit to eat there all week. :goodvibes

Hello Pam,
So, I have not checked into Leapster! is this something I should look into for my 3 yr old! I just noticed that Janine has a 3 yr old. I just don't know what to get him for Christmas; it has to be something exciting and small our house is crowded with his older sister and DDBF here. I had planned a train table but no place for it until they finish their house and move out of ours:confused3.

I have been scanning the creative dissigners... I have never done iron ons was it hard? might do some as christmas presents (been thinking about it) shirts and pillowcases:yay:

Have a great day!

Pam,
depending what ya'll figure to eat...it can sometimes be cheaper to do it w/o the DDP!
if you plan QS/CS for most meals and plan just a few sit downs...I bet you would be surprised. I know it was not free when we went in May and it was just more cost effecient for us to pay OOP. I gave each person (except Ashton, of course) $25 a day for food. I was more than enough!!! Gwendolyn & Joe were even able to save some money to go eat at one of the Japan resturants for a sit down. Dayne was the only one who spent ALL of his plus some each day. Takes a little more work but it was cheaper for us that way than the DDqsP (which was the same amount of meals allotted). I'm hoping for free dining whenever we decide to go back. That was why I was considering the last week of Sept. since they seem to have it every year at that time.

It's just more convient to have it all paid for upfront than have to worry about money I know...but you also pay for the convience.

You are like me, each time I sit quiet I think about our next disney trip!!! pixiedust:

Happy planning!

Hello Pam,
So, I have not checked into Leapster! is this something I should look into for my 3 yr old! I just noticed that Janine has a 3 yr old. I just don't know what to get him for Christmas; it has to be something exciting and small our house is crowded with his older sister and DDBF here. I had planned a train table but no place for it until they finish their house and move out of ours:confused3.

I have been scanning the creative dissigners... I have never done iron ons was it hard? might do some as christmas presents (been thinking about it) shirts and pillowcases:yay:

Have a great day!

Oh, yes, look into the Leapster, it's great. There are so many cute, learning games, and most of them are Disney!!! Even better, right?

I didn't think I was going to be able to do the iron on transfers either, I thought i'd mess up for sure. The directions are very good on the transfer sheets package. The only thing I had to fool around with was my printer options. But, again, it wasn't "hard" I just had to find the settings for transfer paper and to make sure it reversed the image. I practiced on plain paper to make sure the size was right too, and that the image was actually reversed. Don't put the transfer sheet in the printer until you're sure you got it right. They're too expensive to fool around with. My shirts came out great, I love them, my kids wore them all summer too. They love their Disney shirts. Not sure if you looked at my TR from May, but if not, you can go and check my shirts out there.

Pam,
depending what ya'll figure to eat...it can sometimes be cheaper to do it w/o the DDP!
if you plan QS/CS for most meals and plan just a few sit downs...I bet you would be surprised. I know it was not free when we went in May and it was just more cost effecient for us to pay OOP. I gave each person (except Ashton, of course) $25 a day for food. I was more than enough!!! Gwendolyn & Joe were even able to save some money to go eat at one of the Japan resturants for a sit down. Dayne was the only one who spent ALL of his plus some each day. Takes a little more work but it was cheaper for us that way than the DDqsP (which was the same amount of meals allotted). I'm hoping for free dining whenever we decide to go back. That was why I was considering the last week of Sept. since they seem to have it every year at that time.

It's just more convient to have it all paid for upfront than have to worry about money I know...but you also pay for the convience.

You are like me, each time I sit quiet I think about our next disney trip!!! pixiedust:

Happy planning!

First of all, yes I am like you. If I have a few spare minutes my mind is in Disney World :cloud9:

Second, i'm not really sure if i'd want to go without the Dining plan after having been with it. We enjoyed all of the food so much. Especially Manny and Anthony. It was one of the things we enjoyed most. And having to have a set amount of money put aside for food and hoping that was all we would need would be very nerve wracking to me. And i'd hate to have to see who could split what and worry about prices. I get stressed out easy and THAT WILL NOT OCCUR ON MY DISNEY VACATION :rotfl: I'm sure it's fine to do and may even save some money, but if free dining does not come out for next August we would just stay off site for are first 3 days like we were originally planning anyway. As long as it is offered, I think we'll be in Disney for 11 days!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Ok, it's off to work tonight ( I'll get some Disney planning done too :goodvibes)

Awww, looks like you had fun at the farm! I would love to go apple picking sometime this fall.

Awww, looks like you had fun at the farm! I would love to go apple picking sometime this fall.

We sure did. I love the fall. I love apple picking and going to get pumpkins. I'm actually slacking, I usually have my corn stalks up outside by now. I gotta get on that. Probably next weekend. The girl's school has an annual "day at the Farm" day too, and we get a hayride, we get to go through a huge corn maze and then we get to pick out a pumpkin. That's coming up in a few weeks.:goodvibes

And I still have apples left from the farm too, we're making an apple pie on Saturday :) Yum, Yum

So I am excited today about the rumors going around that next week they'll be some deals for 2010 and the end of 2009 announced. Not that I think August deals will be out yet, but I guess you never know.

I'm also excited that ADR making and park hours are going back to 180 days out, and that means in february, which doesn't seem too far away, that we'll be able to plan out our ADRs and park days. WOO HOO, looking so forward to that.

I really want to know if free dining is announced for next fall, if it will be the QS for the values and we'll have to upgrade to the regular DDP or if the regular ddp will be offered free???? I guess we have a little while to wait before we find that out though.

:thumbsup2

so the hours are going back out to 180 days, too! that's great to know...I knew the ADR's were going to the 180 days (and thought how can you really plan w/o knowing the hours:confused3 ) hmmmm! so if I have to wait until Nov for my return to the world when would I beable to book....HOMEWORK time:surfweb:
:wave2:

Well, I haven't seen officially that the hours were going back to 180 also, but a lot of people here have been saying it. I mean, it just makes sense. I actually never thought about that. If the hours don't go back, that would be awfully stressful to book ADRs and then most likely have to change them :scared1: Disney wouldn't do that to us, would they ?????

I hope not! because for people like me I plan to do Donald at Tusker House in AK (hopefully on the EMH day and first seating); CP if it is open when we go (again before the park opens) and Ohana on an off day! the dinner seatings for me would not matter as much! but since I want to try the Italian place in Epcot, I would want to do it on an EMH night!--so knowing the hours would be pretty important!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter