• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Signature a Day Keeps Reality Away: A Sep '15 Dining Report - Updated 4/11 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I hadn't fallen off the face of the earth. Unfortunately though I have not been absent for good reasons. My best friend fell suddenly ill and sadly after a brave week long fight passed away last week. To say I'm devastated is an understatement and now we're trying to work through the grief and help her parents settle affairs. I'm hopeful to get back on here in the days or weeks ahead, as these boards are a wonderful and much needed distraction from reality.

I share this to pass along three things that I've sadly learned in the last two weeks. First, life is fleeting love those around you with everything you have every chance you have. Second, as much as you think you know your own body you are not a doctor. Had my best friend sought care just 24 hours earlier I would not be posting this today. Lastly, get your sh*t in order. You never know when your time may come and it will be much easier on your loved ones if you have your affairs in order.

Thanks in advance to all for your thoughts. Hopefully I'll be seeing ya real soon.

Hi Kari-
I am so sorry for your loss. It's extremely saddening and leaves your body and mind feeling an emptiness with incredibly devastating sorrow. I lost my father suddenly last year and what you said is SO TRUE. Especially (sadly) the last bit of advice: get your affairs in order!! When you leave this world no one can send you a text and ask what to do. It's all very painful.

On a brighter note, I read reviews on this site somewhat frequently- and yours is the best! I love your sense of humor, thoroughness, and (I'm laughing at myself) all the drinking!!! We are big drinkers here- really enjoy a fun fancy cocktail or a solid glass of red wine. So reading someone's post who enjoys it like we do, is refreshing (no pun intended). I cringe thinking about my favorite park, MK, and how DRY IT IS!!!
Plus, you dine like we do as well- we love food!!
I also only have one daughter, 5 years old-
I just really enjoy your posts.
Have a wonderful egg-filled Easter!

Just wanted to pop on to let you know I love your reports! I've even went back to some of your old ones. We have a trip coming up over Christmas and the ahi tuna nachos from Y&Y as well as the avocado margarita are now on my list.

Happy Easter to everyone! Pretty chill holiday around here, but Casey enjoyed not one, not two, but three easter egg hunts. Given that we are still working our way through her Halloween candy she should be set until college after today's haul.

The sushi at California Grill looks good! My kids both love sushi. It's the only non-"kid" food Alex will eat, while Nicky will eat anything. Jason's pancakes from the GFC look amazing, plus for me they have ghe special advantage of no pineapple and Casey's Minnie pancakes are adorable.
Sounds like Nicky and Casey would get along very well ; ) The GFC pancakes were definitely a big surprise. Jason loves the macadamia nut ones (pineapple included) so I was very surprised he declared thee better.

For some reason Grand Floridian Cafe just never comes to mind but I've heard good things about both breakfast and dinner. Will have to remember for next trip.

Totally agree on Tarzan's "outfit." That loin cloth is embarrassingly tiny. I mean , really. What are they thinking?? And seems like a lot of opportunity for wardrobe malfunctions... just saying...

Thanks for the tip on onion rings. Will be filing that away for sure. If only they served these at the Dawa Bar.
We had dinner at GFC ones before and it was pretty good. There is definitely better to be had on property, but for the price and convenience of location it is worth a trip. Breakfast was the stand-out for us, but I wouldn't rule out dinner again too.

Yeah, for Disney I'm pretty shocked at Tarzan's attire. Not that I'm offended by it at all, but its very odd to see a kid next to him.

Dawa Bar onion rings would be perfect!!!! How nicely they would pair with my African bloody mary than I could head next door for a dole whip with rum. Love the way you think.

I am both shocked and scandalized by this admission, Kari.
You really should be Billie. Now if only I was pantless, then imagine your level of scandalization :-)

Yeah, I was about to say... How dare you!
I know I have no excuses. For some stupid reason I think I looked at the price and figured I didn't need to pay $20 for breakfast. Instead why not pay $14 for nothing special. It's rare that disney math doesn't work in my favor but this was definitely one time it did not.

Everything looks so yummy, we are staying at GF in August for a magical deal so we are going to do a breakfast there. I also love Kona breakfast, the slushi looked good, we had slushi last night at our favorite Japenese place by our house. I think because of this board we tried Flame Tree BBQ and also love it. We always get the onion rings as well. Great reviews!
Ahhh, we'll be staying right next door at Poly In August also for a very magical deal!!!! Definitely be sure to give GFC a whirl. It was a very pleasant breakfast surprise.

Glad you all are a slushi lovin' family too. We don't have that many good places in close proximity to us so its a treat when we do have it.

Love your reviews on the GF cafe..... I've been tossing around GF vs Kona for my birthday trip. I think I might be swayed towards Kona though because I need to try the Samoan! Love the idea of trying out Flame Tree as well.... that meal looks great although on a solo trip, it might be too much if I am going to try for either Sanaa or Jiko on my AK day. Thanks again for sharing these yummy reviews and pics!
I'd definitely do Kona between the two, but heck I'd do just about anything for the Samoan. Just be prepared for poor and slow service. If that is a concern than GFC is your better bet!

If you are between Flame Tree, Sanaa, and Jiko the AKL choices are clearly a no brainer ; ) Flame tree is good but definitely better left for a family trip. Can't wait to see which one you decide to go with.

They are incredible thingies! Yumm. Last Fall, I subbed out my nasty CS dessert included in the Fall free DP for a plate of these puppies. Of course, way too much food. But I survived the awesomeness that are the FlameTree BBQ ringies :-)
Wow, I had no idea you could sub out dessert for onion rings. Clear no brainer on that one. Though you are right they definitely give you a ton of food. Three people sharing a meal and a side says a lot.

I adore keeping up with your reviews! I did try Flame Tree for the 1st time in Sept & while the food was good, one person in my group was completely freaked out having to sit outside, shooing bugs & dive bombing birds while eating. I'm sure I'll have to stick with indoor dining at AK next time around. :sad2:
I've definitely heard everyone on the DisBoards raving about restaurants at the Poly, we can't bring ourselves to try it because we're from Hawaii & when we go to WDW, we're looking for dining experiences outside of what we can get at home. in other words, come to Hawaii & I'll have a huge list of yumminess for you to try! :yay:
Thanks so much, that really means a lot.

Yeah sitting outside can be the one downside of flame tree, but thankfully we've never had to deal with bug or bird issues. Not sure if it depends on where you sit but we always sit in the area on the water so we can watch Expedition Everest (aka the broken track roller coaster to Casey)

I'm sure there is no need to eat at the Poly when you already have paradise in your backyard. ;) Will definitely let you know when we get to Hawaii again. I've done Oahu twice and Maui once, but the last time was 2007 so I'm definitely long over due. Casey has been asking to go (she's obsessed with lava) so my guess is we'll be there sooner rather than later.

We love the food and coffee at Kona but the service is some of the worst we have ever experienced, on or off Disney property. Hopefully someday they will improve. I am enjoying your report. Is your husband a chef?
Glad you are enjoying the report, I know I loved eating it ; ) You got it exactly right, Kona has the absolute worst service. I don't know if it is because they are constantly slammed or what, but we've never experienced anything other than bad service. At this point we just except it because we can't tear ourselves away from the food.

And yep hubby is a chef.

Can't wait to read about your monorail crawl. This is one of our favorite things to do and Mark and I were just planning the one we will do Dark Side weekend sans kiddos. :)
You can reduce your "crawl" expectations a bit now as it didn't end up as intended. Still good but not as much crawling as we would have liked. Hope your crawl goes much better than ours. Not sure we'll get one in next month as we'll have the inlaws with us, but already have Poly lined up for August so my sights are set back on it.

Did you all get your corral assignments for the half? Jason is in D. I'm just dreading have to try and get over to WWOS to see him finish (says the person not running 13 miles). Still don't understand why they aren't ending in a park.

I think this next trip I want to go to Kona JUST for the pressed coffee!! Also, we are going from May 10 - 17th, so we will miss you again! Are you sure you don't want to come again in May? ;)
Man, didn't we just miss each other last time???? No plans for May right now but we have annual passes again so who knows what sort of trouble we'll get ourselves into :-)

I will forever be jealous of Casey's willingness to eat different things. She's so adventurous.

That Minnie pancake was precious, my girls would love the sprinkles.

I can't wait to try the jalapeño
Cornbread at Flametree. Love the onion rings though!
We are definitely lucky that she eats anything. I certainly wasn't that adventurous at her age.

Hope you love the cornbread and onions rings as much as we do. Already planning on devouring it again next month!!!!

YUM, that slushi looks so good! I'm not a fan of raw salmon or anything slimy but I'll do ahi tuna and shrimp/crab any day. I think Cali grill slushi looks like some of the best around!

And of course Casey the slushi pro looks quite pleased ;)

We have never done GF Cafe but it looks like a good option, especially if you're looking for a last minute type place. Did you have too many bloody Mary's when you passed up the lobster eggs Benedict?! :rotfl2:

Looking forward to your monorail crawl! Is Jason ready for his half marathon? More importantly does Casey have her cheers practiced?! :thumbsup2
The slushi was definitely delicious! Kudos to CG and of course Casey. Though I'm a weird one and opposite of you with salmon in that I'd rather eat it raw than cooked. #DifferentStrokes

GFC is definitely a great options, especially if you are headed to MK anyway as its better than the breakfasts inside the parks. And I wish i could blame the lobster fail on the bloody's, sadly it was just a Kari and not a Mary fail.

I think Jason is as ready as he is gonna be. Longest he has run thus far is 11 miles and he thinks he can get done with that. Poor guy's body hasn't been kind to him in his training, but he has really stuck to it. Casey is most definitely ready with her cheers and also her running shoes, as she is doing the kids 200 meter dash. Of course she is competitive as all get out and thinks she will win, so we'll see how her ego does with that one.

I am so sorry for your loss. It's extremely saddening and leaves your body and mind feeling an emptiness with incredibly devastating sorrow. I lost my father suddenly last year and what you said is SO TRUE. Especially (sadly) the last bit of advice: get your affairs in order!! When you leave this world no one can send you a text and ask what to do. It's all very painful.
Thank you very much and sorry of your loss too. Time seems to be moving slowly and sorrow a constant, but we're getting through each day which is about all one can do. Still tons of work to do at her house which is tough, but a distraction and comfort too.

On a brighter note, I read reviews on this site somewhat frequently- and yours is the best! I love your sense of humor, thoroughness, and (I'm laughing at myself) all the drinking!!! We are big drinkers here- really enjoy a fun fancy cocktail or a solid glass of red wine. So reading someone's post who enjoys it like we do, is refreshing (no pun intended). I cringe thinking about my favorite park, MK, and how DRY IT IS!!!
Plus, you dine like we do as well- we love food!!
I also only have one daughter, 5 years old-
I just really enjoy your posts.
Have a wonderful egg-filled Easter!
Thanks so much for your kind comments. I'm thrilled when anyone even reads what I have to say, let alone enjoys it. We are clearly a food and Disney loving family and its a true pleasure to share it.

And yes we love our adult beverages (says the woman typing this while sipping on a nice merlot). Too bad you all don't live near us. We're always in the market for friends to drink with while the kiddos play :-) None of our friends have kids (thats what we get for starting later in life) so while we have the drink thing more than covered down, poor Casey is sick of us adults.

Just wanted to pop on to let you know I love your reports! I've even went back to some of your old ones. We have a trip coming up over Christmas and the ahi tuna nachos from Y&Y as well as the avocado margarita are now on my list.
Thanks so much, happy to hear you are enjoying. I know I loved eating it all ; )

Hope you love the ahi as much as we did. I don't think we will get to Yak n Yeti this trip so it will be August before I'm reunited with those beauties. But I'm sure there will be an avocado margarita in my hand at least once!

Thanks so much, that really means a lot.

Thanks so much for your kind comments. I'm thrilled when anyone even reads what I have to say, let alone enjoys it. We are clearly a food and Disney loving family and its a true pleasure to share it.

And yes we love our adult beverages (says the woman typing this while sipping on a nice merlot). Too bad you all don't live near us. We're always in the market for friends to drink with while the kiddos play :-) None of our friends have kids (thats what we get for starting later in life) so while we have the drink thing more than covered down, poor Casey is sick of us adults.

I hear you! We also started late and my friends are all over the place with kids/ages. I have 2 friends preggo now! One is 41 and the other 40. Crazy. I think you can see I live in Manhattan so it's not too difficult to meet parents with kids- it's finding COOL PARENTS that's tough. LOL.
And yes, I love to drink, and again- living in Manhattan makes it tempting! So many great places to go, all the time.
I'm not sure how often you guys go to WDW, but next time you are thinking of a trip let me know. My daughter also (sadly) gets sick of us and lonely without a playmate, and our DD's are the same age.
(or if you ever come to Manhattan...)

Keep on posting, your reviews are fantastic and especially the attention to detail. You never leave out anything and write to completion, I never have any questions! We have the same taste in things, restaurants, menu choices. Especially the breakfast bloody mary's. lol

:)

We are also buried in Easter candy, the kids love the egg hunts...then I sneak the candy away and take it into work :thumbsup2 Three boys hyped up on sugar ... I try to avoid that at all costs!!!
We love Flame Tree, I have never tried the onion rings and I see now that I need to!
Glad to hear the pressed pot coffee at GFC is up there with Kona. Never turn down lobster! Looked like lesson learned for you. :rotfl2:

You can reduce your "crawl" expectations a bit now as it didn't end up as intended. Still good but not as much crawling as we would have liked. Hope your crawl goes much better than ours. Not sure we'll get one in next month as we'll have the inlaws with us, but already have Poly lined up for August so my sights are set back on it.

Did you all get your corral assignments for the half? Jason is in D. I'm just dreading have to try and get over to WWOS to see him finish (says the person not running 13 miles). Still don't understand why they aren't ending in a park.

I got corral E. I agree about the finish line. I'm close to telling mark to sleep in and meet him back in the room. It's a huge pain trying to figure out a meet up. Plus my main concern is the cold beer I get at the end of the race and making sure Mark is up to the park day I have planned after the race. We only have two park days! have to maximize! ;)

Awesome Jason is in D! My husband made it to B (and the man wasn't happy about that! he wanted 'A') I'm in I. He'll just meet me back in the room after I finish - works out better for us that way.

WWOS will be a pain to drive to with the races - it may very well be easier for him to just get a bus back and you cheer him on in the EPCOT/HS loop :)

We had a bad experience at GF cafe and it has been hard to get back there. We had lunch there with a large group including our one year old grandson and it took two hours to get through the meal. The service was really slow.

On the other hand, Flame Tree barbecue looks really good.

Steve and I almost tried GFC in January but just didn't make it. All their menus look good though, it's definitely "on the list" with the bajillion other places we haven't tried yet!

So funny about the picture of Casey with Tarzan, before I scrolled down to your comment on the bottom of the pic about something not looking appropriate I was thinking to myself, " as cute as she is, it's just weird that a mostly naked man is taking pictures with kids in AK!" Maybe he should be a strictly adult M & G :scratchin

Advantage: Me (cause when bloody marys tie I win)

:rotfl2:I was going to say, there can't be a disadvantage when there's alcohol involved!

Plus all my blond highlights had clearly taken to my brain as I forgot I didn't like Canadian bacon.

Whaaa?!:eek: I'm shocked!

(though with no discernible key lime flavor).

I literally said, "Hmm!" when I read the description. Too bad the flavor didn't stand out, that would have been interesting.

Much to my surprise he declared the citrus butter better than the macadamia nut at Kona. So by the hair of a butter....

Woah.

62d960f2-aa42-47fd-8bc6-44505218ab52.jpg

WOAH! But it would be perfectly fine for an adult woman to take a picture with him right?! :hyper: :bitelip:

AK places, Flame Tree Barbecue.

I love this place. But had to give a hard no time DH this trip. BBQ is totally not my thang right now :scared:

But these Onion Rings are seriously the BEST!

I have had company from wv and havent had time to read a thing.....but since catching up..My heart breaks for you and your friends family...Now where did your little princess meet that guy in the loin cloth...hubba hubba..hahaha..seriously I have never seen him anywheres. thanks

We are also buried in Easter candy, the kids love the egg hunts...then I sneak the candy away and take it into work :thumbsup2 Three boys hyped up on sugar ... I try to avoid that at all costs!!!
We love Flame Tree, I have never tried the onion rings and I see now that I need to!
Glad to hear the pressed pot coffee at GFC is up there with Kona. Never turn down lobster! Looked like lesson learned for you. :rotfl2:
Yeah Casey got not one, not two, not three, not four, but yes five easter baskets. Cause that is normal and what a little girl needs. Gonna have to see if I can sneak some away to work too. Love that idea.

Yeah, still have no idea why I passed the lobster up. It was the one food I couldn't eat when I was pregnant but have eaten it since then. I'd like to think maybe that kept me away but really just a bone head move on my part.

I got corral E. I agree about the finish line. I'm close to telling mark to sleep in and meet him back in the room. It's a huge pain trying to figure out a meet up. Plus my main concern is the cold beer I get at the end of the race and making sure Mark is up to the park day I have planned after the race. We only have two park days! have to maximize! ;)
Right behind Jason ; )

I would just sleep in and skip it, but my inlaws are joining us and really want to see the race for some reason. So we'll see if we can figure sit out, beer may make that easier ; )

Awesome Jason is in D! My husband made it to B (and the man wasn't happy about that! he wanted 'A') I'm in I. He'll just meet me back in the room after I finish - works out better for us that way.

WWOS will be a pain to drive to with the races - it may very well be easier for him to just get a bus back and you cheer him on in the EPCOT/HS loop :)

B sounds great, what he is not happy about? This is Jason's first half (think he submitted a 10K time to qualify) so he was pretty happy. And good on you for I. If I was "running" I'm sure I'd be in ZZZ

We're gonna try and figure it out when we get there. With Casey the Epcot/HS loop is likely too early for us, but then again its all way too early for me :)
We had a bad experience at GF cafe and it has been hard to get back there. We had lunch there with a large group including our one year old grandson and it took two hours to get through the meal. The service was really slow.

On the other hand, Flame Tree barbecue looks really good.
2 Hours??????? That is insane at lunch time. Hell that is insane anytime. No wonder its hard for you to get back there. Our service was definitely efficient and much faster then Kona.

Steve and I almost tried GFC in January but just didn't make it. All their menus look good though, it's definitely "on the list" with the bajillion other places we haven't tried yet!

So funny about the picture of Casey with Tarzan, before I scrolled down to your comment on the bottom of the pic about something not looking appropriate I was thinking to myself, " as cute as she is, it's just weird that a mostly naked man is taking pictures with kids in AK!" Maybe he should be a strictly adult M & G :scratchin
You and me both on the bajillion. We usually try something new each trip and I'm not even sure we'll get any of that in on this one. Too much food, too little time.

Yeah the Tarzan pic is just weird. Figure I can use it as some sort of blackmail as she gets older :)

:rotfl2:I was going to say, there can't be a disadvantage when there's alcohol involved!
No, when there is alcohol everyone wins (except for the pregnant woman)

WOAH! But it would be perfectly fine for an adult woman to take a picture with him right?! :hyper: :bitelip:
But of course. My inlaws are coming with us on our next trip and I'm dying to get a pic of my mother in law with Tarzan. So much so wrong, yet so right with that picture.

I love this place. But had to give a hard no time DH this trip. BBQ is totally not my thang right now :scared:
A pregnant woman doesn't want BBQ. Didn't think that was possible.

I have had company from wv and havent had time to read a thing.....but since catching up..My heart breaks for you and your friends family...Now where did your little princess meet that guy in the loin cloth...hubba hubba..hahaha..seriously I have never seen him anywheres. thanks
Company from WV??? My hubby is from WV so we can forgive that.

Thanks for your thoughts. We're trying to take it one day at a time. Now you know why I'm so behind, but trying to finish it up.

Tarzan was in AK on the path in front of Pizzafari that leads to the tree of life. Had no idea he was there, just kind of wandered upon him.

I am so so very sorry to hear about your friend. :(
Thanks. Still very raw and hard, but we're trying to get through it as best we can

"Crawlin'" Through the World

To belatedly celebrate our 8th anniversary, I'd originally booked a reservation at Victoria and Albert's. But upon "surprising" him with this news Jason said he'd rather channel the people we once were with a good old fashioned monorail crawl instead. I was a bit surprised at this, but I got to eat and drink either way.

With Casey safely tucked away in Lilo's Playhouse at the Poly (aka Disney camp to Casey) we were off.
We started right in the Poly at the Tambu Lounge, so I could scratch something off my Disney bucket list: The Lapu Lapu

This is Myers dark rum mixed with tropical juices served in a pineapple with a shot of Bacardi 151 on top. And all I can say about that is holy rum batman. As much as I drink I don't do a ton of liquor and this bad boy was STRONG. The tropical juices helped cut the alcohol a bit, but it was too Hawaiian punch flavored for my taste. Of course none of this kept me from completing my Polynesian right of passage and drinking the whole thing right on up.

Jason wasn't nearly as adventurous and went with the wild and crazy Kona fire beer.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this tasted like fiery beer.

Ready to journey on we paid and saved $4.05 with our Tables in Wonderland card.

From the tambu lounge we of coursed hopped the monorail with the Grand Floridian as our next stop. We first checked out Mizner's lounge but it had a bit too much of a 19th hole after party for us, so instead we grabbed a few seats at the bar at Citricos.

We each moved to wine at this point and though I took no pictures I'm sure you can imagine what a glass of red wine looks like ; ) We apparently both signed up for the red variety pack on this visit cause my notes say and I quote "Lots of red wine cabs Merlot San giobesss fav Pinot from Oregon lemelsln" No recollection of what most of that meant but apparently it equaled a good time.

To give our bellies some much needed sustenance we ordered the cheese plate. Unfortunately they somehow forgot about us ordering this so it took almost 45 minutes to get. Thankfuly the awesome bartender (Matt) comped us the cheese and all our drinks up to this point.

Again, somehow my notes were lacking but from my drunken notes I believe the goat cheese with honey was our favorite, followed by the brie, and then the blue cheese. Per my notes the blue was my least favorite because "cherrss another line yogurts a but odd." Yep that makes complete sense.

At this point we'd planned to journey on to The Contemporary to visit the Wave or California Grill and then ending at Territory Lounge at Wilderness Lodge for some cobbler, but the cheese delay, coupled with my increasing intoxication, and a righteous rain storm outside ultimately dictated we stay put. So an entree was in order.

From the recommendation of the couple sitting next to us we elected to share the Crispy Veal Cutlet

(Apologies for the poor photo. Apparently my imbibing impacted everything)
This was two pieces of veal with Lemon-Herb Butter, Cipollini Onion, Yellow Carrots, Boniato Mash, and Madeira Sauce. First and foremost, it was nice to see a different protein on a disney menu with the veal, even if that really is just beef. While the veal was slightly overcooked, the madeira added nice depth of flavor but it definitely needed more (side note is is just me or does Disney massively under sauce). The carrots were nice and the sweet potato mash apparently had more sweet potato flavor than regular mashed potatoes per my oh so good notes.

Overall Citricos was pretty decent, though I've never found it to be on the same culinary level as most of the other signatures. The service was outstanding though, largely due to the amazing bartender, Matt, who worked his butt off all night. With our tables in wonderland card we saved $22 (note we were only charged for 2 of our 6 glasses of wine and the entree). #HappyDrunkin'Anniversary

From there, I was clearly in a good place and it was encroaching on 10 pm so we headed back to the Poly to pick up Casey at Camp Lilo. Though she was a bit hesitant at first, she absolutely loved it and didn't want to leave - which is always a great sign. Plus they give an annual pass discount, so we saved $15% (aka $7.88).

Up next nothing but girls, girls, girls.....

Happy Easter to everyone! Pretty chill holiday around here, but Casey enjoyed not one, not two, but three easter egg hunts. Given that we are still working our way through her Halloween candy she should be set until college after today's haul.

Ugh, same here 3 hunts as well! And I think it's a sin to throw chocolate away so i'm slowly working on it :rolleyes1

But of course. My inlaws are coming with us on our next trip and I'm dying to get a pic of my mother in law with Tarzan. So much so wrong, yet so right with that picture.

OMGOSH, please please please make this like, a number one goal when you go! PLEASE!

A pregnant woman doesn't want BBQ. Didn't think that was possible.

Yeah it is really strange, the smell is just so overwhelming and nasty!

But upon "surprising" him with this news Jason said he'd rather channel the people we once were with a good old fashioned monorail crawl instead

Honestly, both sound like a good time. We're dying to get to V&A's and we haven't done an official monorail crawl yet, so one of those definitely has to happen for us at some point.

Aw yeah! And I think everything just tastes better coming out of a big a** pineapple ::yes::

We first checked out Mizner's lounge but it had a bit too much of a 19th hole after party for us

:rotfl2:

"Lots of red wine cabs Merlot San giobesss fav Pinot from Oregon lemelsln"
"cherrss another line yogurts a but odd."

:lmao::rotfl:Seeing these makes me want to take notes next time so I can look back and laugh at myself! :laughing:

#lifegoals

side note is is just me or does Disney massively under sauce
They definitely under sauce their portions. The heirloom tomato appetizer at Trattoria al Forno is one of worst offenders when it comes to a lack of sauce.:(

From the recommendation of the couple sitting next to us we elected to share the Crispy Veal Cutlet
That looks really good. It was really nice of the bartender to comp your cheese appetizer and two glasses of wine. It's nice that you were able to stay out of the rainstorm and enjoy your evening. That is one of the benefits of being on the monorail.

As much as I drink I don't do a ton of liquor and this bad boy was STRONG.
Everyone seems to say the same thing about this drink. It looks fun, though. ;)

A monorail bar crawl sounds like a great way to spend your anniversary! Drinks all around either way so everyone is happy!

I think the Lapu Lapu is definitely a Disney rite of passage. And how can you go wrong drinking out of a pineapple?

Despite the delayed service of the cheese plate, it sounds like you had a great time at Citricos. And glad Casey had a good time at "Disney camp"!

OMGOSH, please please please make this like, a number one goal when you go! PLEASE!
I'll see what I can do just for you ; ) She's a pretty good sport so I think she'd be up for it. Fingers crossed.

Honestly, both sound like a good time. We're dying to get to V&A's and we haven't done an official monorail crawl yet, so one of those definitely has to happen for us at some point.
I really want to do V&A too but Jason doesn't for some odd reason. The crawl was definitely fun. Plan on doing it again on our summer trip and hopefully we can make it a bit further.

Aw yeah! And I think everything just tastes better coming out of a big a** pineapple ::yes::
Love the way you think.

Seeing these makes me want to take notes next time so I can look back and laugh at myself! :laughing:
How do you do your repots without taking notes????? I just got down some basics in my phone through out the day, as there is no chance I'd recall months later.

I agree that the Lpau Lpau is super strong. I could barely drink it!
Good to know I'm no the only one. Glad I tried it but doubtful I'd do it again

They definitely under sauce their portions. The heirloom tomato appetizer at Trattoria al Forno is one of worst offenders when it comes to a lack of sauce.:(
We haven't tried Trattoria yet but now I know what not to order ; )

That looks really good. It was really nice of the bartender to comp your cheese appetizer and two glasses of wine. It's nice that you were able to stay out of the rainstorm and enjoy your evening. That is one of the benefits of being on the monorail.
It was very good and indeed and the bartender more than went out of his way to take great care of us. The bar was full and he was serving the whole restaurant by himself too and did amazingly well.

Everyone seems to say the same thing about this drink. It looks fun, though. ;)
Definitely fun but I'll pass on the Hawaiian punch next time

A monorail bar crawl sounds like a great way to spend your anniversary! Drinks all around either way so everyone is happy!

I think the Lapu Lapu is definitely a Disney rite of passage. And how can you go wrong drinking out of a pineapple?

Despite the delayed service of the cheese plate, it sounds like you had a great time at Citricos. And glad Casey had a good time at "Disney camp"!
It was definitely a great way to celebrate, so much so that I think we're gonna give it a go again on our summer trip. You and your hubby should give it a whirl sometime.

Yep I rited my passage just not sure I'm gonna right it again ; )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter