A Signature a Day Keeps Reality Away: A Sep '15 Dining Report - Updated 4/11 x2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are trying Tokyo Dining for the first time this May. Just love good tempura and your shrimp tempura looked light and crispy and as it should. That view was gorgeous, too. Just right for a girls' day out!

So behind! But doing a little catch up!

Those are some good character pics!

That Tokyo dining looks good, and i love the monorail plate.. if you can call it a plate!

SO JEL You will be in Disney in just a few days! Have a blast, and take sometime to relax, you are right you deserve it!

Sending you hugs and hope for an amazing trip!

Sounds like an amazing trip coming up and the perfect way to regroup and recenter. And ADRs??? What is this you speak of?

Tokyo Dining seems like a great choice. Love the view and it just seems very relaxing (judging from your pictures). I feel like it's overlooked quite often but seems like a solid option.

And I love the monorail plate. The same one Casey has in the picture is sold in the store? That's going to on the list for our next trip!

Casey has quite the interesting choice favorite ride. Nate is absolutely terrified of the Great Movie Ride. Is she holding a new Duffy friend in that last picture?

You guys had an awesome view! I love the monorail dish, it is too adorable. We tried Tokyo Dining last month and loved it. I will be doing my review on my new DR.

I'm very happy to hear you guys enjoyed Tokyo Dining! When Steve and I decided to eat there it was pretty much b/c nothing else available really thrilled us, but we were SO glad we did. Can't wait to bring the boy there in Nov.

There was a little boy across the room from us with a kids meal in the monorail container/dish and I was trying to take a picture of it without his family noticing and thinking I was weird.......couldn't get a good one lol. I just think that thing is adorable!

Have you gotten your monorail plate out yet ;)

I am not sure if I would enjoy a Lapu Lapu, but will gladly convince the DH to order so I can try! We are trying Beaches and Cream on our upcoming trip. Not yet sure if we will get food or just ice cream. I must have the No Way Jose! But that Patty Melt looks delish!

We are also trying the Hoop De Doo Review coming up. Curious to hear your thoughts on!

Last edited:
The price is a bit scary, but I of course plan to get my money worth in drinks :drinking1

Be sure and let us know if they are generous! We have not been to HDDR since Mikka was of drinking age, and I was thinking of a re-do. :drinking1

Thanks. Woohoo, looks like our trips are gonna align!!!! Where are you staying???? We'll be at the poly. Would love to meet up for a drink or something if possible
Hubby won't let me arrange any more meets as I have lots already :rotfl2: But it'd be great to bump into you so I'll definitely keep my eyes open :goodvibes Oh we're at SSR :)

Look like Beaches and Cream hit the spot for sure!
It must definitely did. Can't wait to go back again!

We are trying Tokyo Dining for the first time this May. Just love good tempura and your shrimp tempura looked light and crispy and as it should. That view was gorgeous, too. Just right for a girls' day out!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. The tempura was definitely delicious! Can't wait to take Jason back with us one day.

So behind! But doing a little catch up!

Those are some good character pics!

That Tokyo dining looks good, and i love the monorail plate.. if you can call it a plate!

SO JEL You will be in Disney in just a few days! Have a blast, and take sometime to relax, you are right you deserve it!

Sending you hugs and hope for an amazing trip!
Thanks, Casey loves a good character meet and greet. Ever since she was little her main request was always to meet and hug someone.

T minus 4 days on the countdown here. I'm woefully behind in packing, but figure its a great excuse for some evening wine this week.

Sounds like an amazing trip coming up and the perfect way to regroup and recenter. And ADRs??? What is this you speak of?

Tokyo Dining seems like a great choice. Love the view and it just seems very relaxing (judging from your pictures). I feel like it's overlooked quite often but seems like a solid option.

And I love the monorail plate. The same one Casey has in the picture is sold in the store? That's going to on the list for our next trip!

Casey has quite the interesting choice favorite ride. Nate is absolutely terrified of the Great Movie Ride. Is she holding a new Duffy friend in that last picture?
Thanks Jaime. We're always in need of some quality Disney family time, but this trip especially.

And yes I made a ADR's. Since there are more of us, I wasn't sure if we'd be able to find ADRs at the last minute for any place besides Nine Dragons ; ) So we have them made for the part of the trip when my inlwas are with us, but we'll be free flowing after that.

Yep, they sold the monorail plate in the store. I couldn't find it and had to ask, but they had a few in stock.

In case you haven't been able to tell Casey is full of interesting choices ; ) You've got a great eye, yep that is Duffy. She insisted on "buying" him for Daddy to help him feel better. I'm sure you guessed whose room he sleeps in ; )

You guys had an awesome view! I love the monorail dish, it is too adorable. We tried Tokyo Dining last month and loved it. I will be doing my review on my new DR.
Yeah the view as pretty incredible. Still shocked they gave that table to just the two of us. Glad you all enjoyed it too. Can't wait to see all the details.

I'm very happy to hear you guys enjoyed Tokyo Dining! When Steve and I decided to eat there it was pretty much b/c nothing else available really thrilled us, but we were SO glad we did. Can't wait to bring the boy there in Nov.

There was a little boy across the room from us with a kids meal in the monorail container/dish and I was trying to take a picture of it without his family noticing and thinking I was weird.......couldn't get a good one lol. I just think that thing is adorable!

Have you gotten your monorail plate out yet ;)
Tokyo dining was never on my radar before, but it was quite good. Like you can't wait to take Jason sometime soon so he can see what he missed.

The monorail plate is pretty much the cutest thing ever. I can see why you wanted to take a picture of it. And while Casey has used the plate numerous time, Jason and I may have used it for appetizers on more than one occasion ; )

I am not sure if I would enjoy a Lapu Lapu, but will gladly convince the DH to order so I can try! We are trying Beaches and Cream on our upcoming trip. Not yet sure if we will get food or just ice cream. I must have the No Way Jose! But that Patty Melt looks delish!

We are also trying the Hoop De Doo Review coming up. Curious to hear your thoughts on!
Hope you enjoy the lapu lapu and beaches and cream. Even better if you can find a way to combined the two :drinking1 I've read great things about the No Way Jose. Sadly I have a peanut allergy, but i'm sure Jason would have gotten one had he been able to join us.

We have Hoop on the schedule early in the trip so if I get my act together when we get back I should be able to report out pretty quickly.

Be sure and let us know if they are generous! We have not been to HDDR since Mikka was of drinking age, and I was thinking of a re-do. :drinking1
Man I hope they are. Love my inlaws, but all Mama can drink will help everyone out.

Hubby won't let me arrange any more meets as I have lots already :rotfl2: But it'd be great to bump into you so I'll definitely keep my eyes open :goodvibes Oh we're at SSR :)
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Will definitely keep an eye out for ya.

That plate is adorable. I wonder if they'll still have them when we go back, though I suspect if I buy 3 of them my husband would murder me. Tokyo Dining looks good. Casey got her own meal!

That is awesome about the new trip!! And me and my daughter will be there at the same time! :0 we go this Sunday to Friday a quick last minute trip which is driving me (an uber planner) crazy! I'll keep my eyes open for you and your clan! Good luck on the runs and dashes!

We were seated quickly and had this lovely park view
Beautiful! Love this!

For entree's Casey ordered the Teriyaki Chicken

This is served with Miso Soup, Seasonal Vegetable, Sukiyaki Beef Rice, Two pieces of Krab Roll, and Fruit Cup. And in case you didn't notice comes in the cutest eating vessel ever!!!! She really seemed to enjoy her chicken, though the crab roll was her favorite. So much so that she ate most of mine too. And I may or may not have and a few beers and may or may not have gone to the Japanese store afterwards and may or may not have purchased the monorail plate and may or may not have paid a ridiculous amount of money for it. But I can neither confirm nor deny anything.
THIS IS THE CUTEST THING EVER. They sell these in the department store, you say? I think I might need to have this in my kitchen...

f7569017-16a8-4f0b-9482-1f6e0539a0ce.jpg
Perfect!!! Love this!!!

No Flying Fish, but I'm happy to report all stayed in place.
Well that's certainly good news.

Overall I was pleastentaly surprised by Tokyo Dining. First you couldn't beat our views, but the food was done very well and was plentiful. Plus unlike their Teppan Edo neighbors next door, Tokyo Dining does take Tables in Wonderland so we saved $9.89. Here are two happy customers.
I love the view from your table. The meal looks good, too.

I love the shooting lady ride, except, what happens when it is a man instead of a lady? :)

I hope you have a great time at the WL. If you get a chance could you do a quick construction update on the WL Facts thread? There hasn't been very much information on the current state of the construction at our favorite lodge. :) Thanks.

That plate is adorable. I wonder if they'll still have them when we go back, though I suspect if I buy 3 of them my husband would murder me. Tokyo Dining looks good. Casey got her own meal!
He probably would kill you because 3 would run you $150. Yes I paid that much. May have had something to do with the beer but I just couldn't pass it up. And yes Casey got the ever elusive meal of her own ; )

That is awesome about the new trip!! And me and my daughter will be there at the same time! :0 we go this Sunday to Friday a quick last minute trip which is driving me (an uber planner) crazy! I'll keep my eyes open for you and your clan! Good luck on the runs and dashes!
Please say hi if you see us. Hope you enjoy your last minute trip and some non-planning ; ) I'm the opposite as usual and feel like we're over planned for the first time ever.

THIS IS THE CUTEST THING EVER. They sell these in the department store, you say? I think I might need to have this in my kitchen...
Yep, the one right downstairs (aka where you get your pearls). I had a hard time finding it so I had to ask. I think a set of four would look lovely in your kitchen ; )

I love the view from your table. The meal looks good, too.

I love the shooting lady ride, except, what happens when it is a man instead of a lady? :)

I hope you have a great time at the WL. If you get a chance could you do a quick construction update on the WL Facts thread? There hasn't been very much information on the current state of the construction at our favorite lodge. :) Thanks.
The view and meal were both great. And the shooting lady ride is the shooting lady ride, male shooter or not ; )

Happy to send some construction updates. We've got a standard view and my inlaws have a courtyard view so we should have some good vantage points.

The Snack Kingdom

Sadly it was the last day of our trip, but we had some time for more food and fun before the tragical express was due to pick us up. And these was only one place to spend our last day: The Snacking, I mean Magic Kingdom popcorn::

Quick look at our Inside Out Magic Bands for the day.

Upon entering the Kingdom we stopped for a quick photo with Casey's name sake....

....Before spinning through space, then circling through space,

and then cruising the pooper (aka the people mover for anyone not named Casey) which has absolutely nothing to do with space.

Tummy's rumbling at this point we stopped in Gaston's for a very tiny cinnamon roll and some much needed coffee.:coffee:

This was perfect as always. Warm, huge, cinnamon and hit the proverbial spot.

After snack #1 we spent some time with a boy a who won't grow up and then a pooh sized bear who seems opposed to growing up too, before traveling under the sea to channel some of our inner mermaids.

With time for one more snack before our departure my knight in shining pretzel soon yielded a churro to help protect my snack honor.

As usual both were perfect. For some reason he bought the cheese and chocolate sauce to dip these in and I would caution against them as I'm not sure there was any dairy or actual cocoa in either.

Sadly we soon headed to the Poly to catch the magical express, but there was a bit more food still ahead....

Mc What?

Before departing the Poly, Casey wanted to have a bit of a photo shoot to commemorate her inner hula girl.

Soon enough we were on the tragical express and were clearly none too happy about it.

Since Disney insists on getting me to the airport 12 hours before my flight is due to depart, we took the opportunity to check out some new dining options. Because for some reason a cinnamon role, churro, and pretzel split amongst three people hadn't yet filled us up :P Thanks to some quick help from my dear friend Dr. Google, we found ourselves at McCoy's Bar & Grill which is located just outside security in the Hyatt at the airport.

The restaurant had a nice modern upscale feel and wasn't very crowded when we arrived. We quickly read the menu (which you can find here: http://orlandoairport.regency.hyatt...ments/all/ORLAN-McCoys-Lunch-Menu-032016.pdfh) and of course sipped on a couple of beers while we waited.

They started us with some bread and butter.

I have no notes on this (gimme a break it was day 10), but it looks good doesn't it :-) and really I've never met a bread I didn't like.

Our waitress indicated their special was their crawfish chowder, so when in New Orleans, I mean Florida, I must do as the cajuns do.

This was very creamy and delicious and did not disappoint. It had a great crawfish flavor and a tiny bit of spice to it. There were pieces of actual crawfish in the soup, which were a bit mushy, but didn't detract from the soup overall.

For our entree Casey and I split their season flatbread special which was Goat Cheese, Peach, and Balsamic.

Unfortunately the peaches on this weren't quite so fresh and were a little dried out, but their sweetness paired nicely with the acid from the balsamic vinegar. The goat cheese was a good accompaniment to the peaches and the crust had a great crunch. Despite the dried peaches, Casey and I were quite pleased.

Jason went with their Sandwich of the Day, which was a Turkey Reuben, which came with a cup of soup (he choose lentil).

The soup had great middle eastern flavors and was well seasoned. His reuben was a bit dry, but that didn't stop him from devouring it all.

Overall we really enjoyed McCoys and will definitely be back. Its a major step up from the usual MCO airport selections and with our tables in wonderland card we haves $8.00. Just kidding they clearly don't take TiW, but at $40 lunch was great and we really felt like we were out of the airport hustle and bustle for a while (except of course for the planes jetting down the runway in front of us). I highly recommend you check it out on your next visit.

Our flight home was pretty uneventful (thank you JetBlue) and it wasn't long before we were back in DC rush hour traffic. My sweet Casey cried on the car ride home because she missed Disney World, but she was clearly just tired. They were a great, but long, ten days. So long, my kid who hasn't slept in the car since she was a year old was soon like this....

We'll thats it. Ten days in the eating and only 6 months (and endless glasses of wine) in the making, she's finally finished. I'll do a formal wrap-up when we return from our next trip (did I mentioned we leave in less than 72 precious hours) before I embark on our latest adventure. Cheers!:drinking1

Yay! Great wrap up and I hope you have a fabulous time on your trip! Can't wait to read all about the latest eating and drinking shenanigans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter