A quick review of our June trip with SWW, Bog bfast, and Frozen and first FP+

Beezle2

Hi-Yah!
Dear Florida, We love you and have visited many times but I must say that even though we did have fun the heat was intense (mid 90's with indexes in the 109-113 range), the humidity exhausting and the crowds..ok, we didn't let the crowds bother us :) We will not be back for the summer months since we now know what frozen things do in summer!

Our first SWW was wonderful and we owe it to Yuilin and her awesome thread! We loved the Sci-Fi bfast, and the Rebel Hanger, but will not be doing Jedi Mickey at H&V again. Thought that one was overpriced and underwhelming. We loved the shows with Frank Oz and Ray Parks, got autographs with Chewbacca and DD was able to get Luke and Leia's autographs on her lightsaber. We are casual fans and had a wonderful time at SWW. Get the Alderaan with a double shot :)

We had preopening reservations for BOG bfast and were basically just trying to get in front of the crowds. We preordered our food which we though looked great ( open faced egg sandwich, eggs Florentine, the cro-nut thing) and we thought the food was wonderful, the opening staff fun and the restaurant beautiful. I think people cheaping out by not ordering food to get in the park early suck and hope they don't ruin the chance to get the experience for others. With that said we were first in line to meet A&E that morning and we enjoyed the entire experience.

Frozen Summer fun was cute we saw the parade (1.5 hour wait for a good spot in the shade) really liked the Sing along and thought the story tellers were a hoot. Also got to draw Elsa at the Academy and we love those free and personal souven"ears".

As first time FP+ people we have to say that we liked them! The heat was just killer for us and we found ourselves doing a few things in the morning without FP+ and then heading back in the evenings with our passes and doing them then. The crowds were in the 7-9 range most of the time and we might have ridden a few less things but we were so hot we didn't even care. We give 2 thumbs up for the Wishes FP! We have fought that crowd many times and were happy to not have to this time.

Last random thoughts. We had a wonderful time, staff and people we met were mostly awesome. Only a few grumpy faces over 10 days but given the heat and crowds not an issue at all. Bathrooms were clean everywhere we went, loved the new Hamarabe Market place, the food we had we liked and thought it was well priced except for H&V Mickey dinner and Olivia's lunch, meet more rude Brazilian line cutters than rude staff, saw more bottom biscuits than we cared to, I'm kind of over Epcot it is getting SO boring to me, Animal Kingdom updates look like they will be fun when it gets done, liked the new MK central area, YeHaa Bob show was an unexpected pleasure and we will be doing that again.

Thanks for your fun review! I love your writing and am glad you had a great time despite melting!

awesome report, thanks for sharing.
We are going to the new AK Market this Saturday and still haven't decided on what to order, what did you guys have?

Apparently my company doesn't like the urban dictionairy...it's blocked here at work! I'll check it out at home...thanks!
Here's a cleaned up definition:
When someone who should not be wearing short shorts is - and their assets hang out the bottom, looking like biscuit dough.

do yourselves a favor and don't google it and don't click on People of Walmart album on bottom biscuits...you CAN'T unsee it...my eyes...they burn
I think you have enticed a number of people to go to that site! :-)

Are you going to try the "poop pastries" in Harambe?o_O

awesome report, thanks for sharing.
We are going to the new AK Market this Saturday and still haven't decided on what to order, what did you guys have?
>>

Hey Yulilin :) sorry for spelling your name wrong in my thread, lol! We had the pork ribs and the watermelon lemonade. The ribs were awesome and a huge portion, we were surprised and should have just gotten 1 for the 2 of us. I got a serving that didn't have any bones and it was more like a pork roast it was so big. Very tasty though and might make me give up Flametree :) DH got the curry dog on a stick and I didn't like it, he ate it and said he liked it but it grossed me out when the breading was off the dog itself was grey...eww.

Maybe you should be glad you don't know! LOL
I'm pretty sure it's what's showing from under way-too-short-shorts. At least that's what my friend calls them ;)
>>>

Yes! It was just rampant! I must be getting old but that was just more cheeks than I ever expected to see. We are gong to stick to the cooler months for ourselves after the Thermo-nuclear June trip so that should eliminate my distress :D We shared a huge laugh with another family after an especially exposed pair of teens left a table near us both at Starring Rolls. The father at the other table was just @@ and his face was priceless, I just burst out laughing it was so funny and we shared a few head shakes and a " was that their mother they were with"? Glad my teen is not into the overexposed!

What were the dates for your trip! I'm wondering if it is the same dates were going next yr.

>>

Hey Yulilin :) sorry for spelling your name wrong in my thread, lol! We had the pork ribs and the watermelon lemonade. The ribs were awesome and a huge portion, we were surprised and should have just gotten 1 for the 2 of us. I got a serving that didn't have any bones and it was more like a pork roast it was so big. Very tasty though and might make me give up Flametree :) DH got the curry dog on a stick and I didn't like it, he ate it and said he liked it but it grossed me out when the breading was off the dog itself was grey...eww.

The new market is on our list in August. I am looking forward to the ribs and lemonade!

Just got back from AK.
Chocolate poop is gone, the official spiel is that they were trying it out and decided to discontinue it :( While I was there 3 more people came asking for it...maybe Disney will reconsider and bring it back
Harambe Market is a great addition, so many details, if you are into details and story make sure to check every corner, it's really awesome.
We ordered the ribs and flatbread with ground beef, watermelon lemonade and the chocolate coconut dessert (forgot the proper name) Both the ribs and dessert were amazing!! if you love coconut order it, it's probably one of the best desserts I've had at Disney. The flatbread ground beef plate was good enough, think of it as a hamburger on a flatbread. The lemonade was just ok, I thought. We usually drink just water with our meals so maybe that had something to do with it
@Beezle2 sorry to highjack your thread just wanted to give my impressions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter