A passport TODAY, a down day you say, and lots of photos Eh!!! - A New Year's TR!!

Day 3 - December 30
The "Down Day"

So this was the day that was originally planned as our down day as requested by the Mrs. A non-park day if you will. Then Disney offered a Canadian promotion with tickets at a discount as long as you bought at least 4 days. That was the start of this day changing ever so slightly...or totally. You see, we could pay less for 4 days than we were for 3 days....and get 3 extra Fast Passes. And I may not have mentioned to her yet that this is also a night when there is Extra Magic Hours in the Magic Kingdom. :guilty: :)

So we did kinda sleep in as this was the latest breakfast I had booked. We had an ADR at the Kona Cafe for 9:30AM. So we took the bus to the Magic Kingdom and hopped on the Monorail to the Poly.

Lines weren't too bad yet...

And we hopped on the monorail

We arrived a few minutes early and took a quick look around....

The Moana influence was obvious..

And we were seated within 5 minutes..

And a few minutes later our meals had arrived!

Tonga Toast!!

The fruit plate

And the Samoan

Following! Great thread! We'll be there this year December 24th-Jan 1st...so am REALLY appreciating your insight and crowd shots:) I'm not Canadian...but some of my best friends are:)

Following! Great thread! We'll be there this year December 24th-Jan 1st...so am REALLY appreciating your insight and crowd shots:) I'm not Canadian...but some of my best friends are:)
Constanze, thanks for joining in! Time to get back to the review.....

After a great breakfast, it was time to head to the Magic Kingdom to take advantage of our "extra" fast passes. So we hopped back on the monorail

And we were welcomed back to the Magic Kingdom station

Groupie time!

You can see it was just before 11:00am when we arrived at the park

Last edited:
Once inside, we checked out some of the Christmas decorations....

And we had a birthday and some recent graduations to celebrate so we picked up our buttons!!

Birthday girl!

And recent grads!!

Hi Jerry!

I stumbled across your fun TR while searching for info on NYE in WDW. This will be our 7th trip to WDW but our first over NYE. Your photos of AK and MK (the two parks we plan to visit) make me a little nervous! We've been over spring break 2016 and thought the crowds were large but manageable. I'm hoping we feel the same way in December!

I've just read your trip report all the way through. You definitely picked the busiest time of the year to visit but any day at Disney is better than being home. Crowds and all! The first picture of the castle in your introduction is just beautiful. It looks like a post card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter