• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A Make A Wish Trip - Final Update!! Pg. 33

What beautiful photos!!!!! Thanks for sharing them!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for your hard drive! :)

Awesome photos!! The photopass is sure worth it, now you will have beautiful pictures of your entire family. The pictures of your two little ones are just so so cute!!

Thank you for sharing! We are going to definitely remember to check out the rose garden when we are there in FOUR weeks!

Beautiful photos. I love the one where he kisses his little sis. I also love the way you used Tinker Bell in the pictures - great thinking! Thank you for sharing! :wizard:

Wendy , those are wonderful pictures!! I hope you are able to retrieve your other pictures!!

I love each and every one of those pictures! Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Did I miss what happened with your house or is that in a future installment?

I just found your report and I'm all caught up. You have two beautiful children and I really enjoyed your report and all of the wonderful moments that you shared from your trip. :goodvibes

Thanks for the compliments. I have not been able to get the pics of the house up yet. All I have is the front yard and I have no pics of what the house looked like before (due to said hard drive crash). I hope we can recover some before pics although those are on the bottom of the priority list if recovery is ever able to be done.

BTW, I hope you guys didn't miss the pics on page 25. ;)

Wendy, those pix are toooo cute! I love them all, but I :love: the one of Tink touching Michael's hat and Danae curtsying to her. Just :goodvibes
Did you buy the passporter or did your MaW people?

Those pictures made my day- also now my ds 10 has been sucked in to your trip report and he is loving it too.
Can you tell me a little bit about the difference between Make-A-Wish and Give Kids The World? Is GKTW a smaller part of MAW for the DIsneyWorld/Orlando wishes or are they 2 separate entities?

WendyGrace - The Photopass pictures are BEAUTIFUL! My favorites were the ones of Danae and Cinderella - and the ones of Danae & Michael together - even if he wasn't looking at the camera! :goodvibes How wonderful to have such nice shots!! :)

Wendy, those pix are toooo cute! I love them all, but I :love: the one of Tink touching Michael's hat and Danae curtsying to her. Just :goodvibes
Did you buy the passporter or did your MaW people?

I didn't even notice the curtsy. You are so right. It does look she is doing a curtsy. Thanks!
I am assuming you meant the photopass which we bought with the funds MAW provided to us for food, drink, souvenirs and "other expenses". If you meant the book Passporter (which is an invaluable resource for people with special needs including those over 65 and those who are pregnant), I got that book from Half-Price books but a new one comes out soon (or just came out).

Those pictures made my day- also now my ds 10 has been sucked in to your trip report and he is loving it too.
Can you tell me a little bit about the difference between Make-A-Wish and Give Kids The World? Is GKTW a smaller part of MAW for the DIsneyWorld/Orlando wishes or are they 2 separate entities?

Make A Wish is an organization that grants wishes of children who have life-threatening illnesses. Whatever it is the child wants (within reason but there's big leeway there). About half of the kids wish to go to Disneyworld or other Orlando attractions. Each local MAW chapter decides based on the funds they have what they can/cannot provide (usually transportation and spending money) but the families are connected to Give Kids the World who help coordinate the rest.

Give Kids the World is a special resort for kids on their Wish trip from many Wish organization (Make A Wish being the world largest but definetly not the only one). They have a partnership with many different companies to provide free tickets to many Florida attractions (as well as out of state ones) as well as other companies that provide free services to kids on wish trips and their families. This includes cameras and video recorders from Sony, free ice cream and meals from Friendly's provided at the resort, etc. (I have a list somewhere).

They are two seperate entities, but the two combined with many other people make the experience. And what an experience it is!

I have so happy you and your ds are enjoying the trip report. I am glad I have been able to make people aware of what great organizations MAW and GKTW are.

WendyGrace - The Photopass pictures are BEAUTIFUL! My favorites were the ones of Danae and Cinderella - and the ones of Danae & Michael together - even if he wasn't looking at the camera! :goodvibes How wonderful to have such nice shots!! :)

They are nice. But you have to take a lot of pictures. I understand the photopass guys are not photographers so I am so glad that I was able to get them to take many shots so I could get a couple good ones. They only place I didn't get a good shot was with Michael and Danae and Cinderella. She only took like three shots and all three Michael is running off or blocking Danae and/or Cinderella. I guess that's why I just had to return with Danae in her Cinderella dress later that week, huh? LOL

I am sorry you lost all of your pictures on your hard drive.

I just loved the photopass pictures. All of them. Magical. The look on everyones faces captures the joy.

Hey 10Kvolts...I'll help Wendy out on this question, freeing her up to tell us more about her house!!!!! ;) MaW and GKTW are two seperate entities. A hotel owner in Orlando heard of a terminally ill child who wanted to come to Disney but couldn't. He figured there were thousands of children in similar situations, so he set off to found Give Kids the World. It is a resort specifically for wish families. Many wish organizations all over the country, actually, all over the world, use GKTW as their choice for accomodations for their wish families. GKTW does their own fundraising and provides their services to the wish organizations for free, freeing up some of their donations to grant even more wishes for more families. if you go to www.gktw.org there is more bio info on the founder and on the organization. It really was an awesome place to be. oops....Wendy did answer this question...LOL...she is on the ball! Oh well...never mind...LOL.....

~Elisa

Wendy:

Your photopass pics are wonderful! When I look at the pics of Michael and Danae I don't see the stress of keeping with a touring plan, or standing in lines in the heat. I just see the sparkle of all the magic in their eyes. You can see the excitement and thrill in their faces. That is so cool!!!! I am so glad your trip was so wonderful. I am also hopeful that your friend will be able to recover your pics! Sending some pixie dust your way for that very situation! pixiedust:

~Elisa

I am only on pg. 7, but I am loving your TR so far!! The magical moment with Peter Pan is priceless!! Thanks for sharing.

WendyGrace.....love the photopass pics!! I am hoping to get some good ones of our family also. I hope DD4's pics turn out as good as your daughter's!!!! I am already on a photopass share, so I am going to tell those photographers to snap away!!! :rotfl: My computer crashed about 1.5 years ago....thought I was going to lose everything. Took it in to a computer fix-it store in town and they were able to retrieve everything! phew!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your pics!! Can't wait to see your house pics!

Those are beautiful pictures. I am waiting eagerly for the house makeover.popcorn::

WendyGrace,

Give Kids the World has a brand new seasonal volunteer. I applied, have been accepted, and go to training on October 24th. Thank you so much for this trip report that inspired me to volunteer!

Hugs,
Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter