A few questions about how discounts work

MomtoGKC

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board but not new to Disney. I went many times when I was growing up but haven't been in about 5 years. I'm planning my kids first trip in January (running the 1/2 marathon and it's my daughter's 4th b-day and hubby's b-day!) and then a second weekend in February (my older daughter's 6th b-day, I cou;dn't say no!). I have a few questions about how the FL resident/AP/AAA discounts work.

In January we're going with other friends and we put two studio rooms on hold at the Beach Club Villas with a AAA rate. Unfortunately - I forgot to book them and called a day late. :( I was lucky that the rooms were still avaliable, but they weren't able to give me the AAA rate that day. The person I tlaked with told me to keep calling to ckeck to see when the FL and AP rates come out. But how does that work - do they just apply the rates to the rooms we've already booked? Do we have to book totally new rooms? I'm afraid there won't be any rooms by the time these rates come out since it's marathon weekend.

Oh, also, does AP discount also apply to seasonal Passes? I was planning on getting seasonal since I don't really want to go at peak times anyway.

In February we're only going for one (possibly 2) nights for my other daughter's birthday. I figured it would be best to stay at the Contemporary. Right now we're booked in a garden wing room with a AAA rate. Should I switch this to a tower room for more money and then hope I get FL/AP rate later or do I keep what I have and try to change when the new rates come out? Again, I don't want to wait until these rates come out and then have no rooms left.

Thank you so much for any answers. This board has been such a huge help already!! Lat night I was reading late into the night and my husband was making fun of me - he is not a Disney lover. I made him go with me when we were dating in college and his favorite part was eating turkey legs. :)

- Amy

Can anyone help me on this? I'm just trying to figure out if I can apply AP or FL resident discounts to rooms I have already booked or if I have to re-book once the new rates come out.

I've been reading this website non stop the past few days and now it is so hard not to want to go to Disney sooner than January!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter