A Few General Discount Questions.....

jgates

<font color=teal>Must vow NEVER to toggle the tags
I have rates 'saved' for January 10 - 16th, 2013 for 3 different resorts.

1. Can you 'view' AAA rates online? Or do I have to book directly through AAA to get a AAA discount? Or can I book it directly with Disney? In another thread they said they just called & it was applied, but I wasn't sure if they were calling Disney or AAA.

2. For a package can I still just do first nights deposit like last year & pay balance when we check in? We had room only last year. (I had about 14 gift cards from SR lol). Or does the payment requirement differ if you are doing tickets on your package?

3. Hoping for some type of discount but won't probably be one for most of the trip as it is on Marathon weekend. If they can discount S/M/T do we then have to create separate reservations or can they apply a % discount to the eligible portion of the trip? (I'm 99.999% positive there will be NO discounts Th/Fr/Sat)

4. For ticket discount for runners (which I read they did not do last year), did they offer that via an e-mail or how did runners receive that information?

1. Can you 'view' AAA rates online? Or do I have to book directly through AAA to get a AAA discount? Or can I book it directly with Disney? In another thread they said they just called & it was applied, but I wasn't sure if they were calling Disney or AAA.

You can book AAA rates through disney or AAA. Just have your AAA card ready when you call disney. You cannot book online.

2. For a package can I still just do first nights deposit like last year & pay balance when we check in? We had room only last year. (I had about 14 gift cards from SR lol). Or does the payment requirement differ if you are doing tickets on your package?

Packages are different than room only reservations.

If you are booking the room only (no tickets), the down payment is one night's stay. The rest of the payment is not due until you check in.

If you are booking a package (room plus tickets) a $200 down payment is required, no matter how much the package cost. The full amount is due 45 days before arrival.

THANK YOU - That helps clear it up a lot. We won't switch to a package unless a really good discount comes out. Seriously hoping to scratch up enough cash to just buy 10 day non-expir when we get there. But that's an extra $351 pp vs. 3 day PH.

As a follow-up, is AAA generally offered on most dates or are a lot blacked out? And is it a pretty standard discount across the board or does it vary by resort type like the PIN codes do?

Sorry -didn't think of that question the first time! We stayed so much at Swan/Dolphin that we haven't actually stayed at a lot of the Dis Resorts (only POFQ & Caribbean Beach). I suppose I should check S/D again too!

As a follow-up, is AAA generally offered on most dates or are a lot blacked out? And is it a pretty standard discount across the board or does it vary by resort type like the PIN codes do?

It does seam to vary per season and resort, and there does seam to be blackouts for very busy holidays (like christmas). But you'll have to call to find out for sure. If you're looking at various dates/times during the year, it might be better to visit a AAA office (they may be more knowledable that disney CM's). I haven't seen information posted online anywhere that describes the exact rates or blackouts.

Thanks - I have the previous ones saved - I'll just try calling tomorrow to see if any of the dates are eligible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter