• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Dole Whip in my hand & my toes in the sand: CBR/Poly Split Stay – This Is The Life!

Really great trip report, Momof2Disneyboys! So well thought out and the ending with the wishing was very touching....an example of great Disney memories that can happen anywhere.

Will be excited to see what you think of Beach Club! Have not stayed at a Deluxe resort yet.

My favorite thing was the title of your TR. so cute! :cutie:

I have been reading along, and I have to say, I have never enjoyed a TR as much as yours.

I have been debating on whether or not I want to stay at the Poly when we go in Nov. Because of your TR I've decided not to. I want to wait until we go during a warmer month so we can enjoy the Poly to its fullest... pools and all.

Thanks for sharing your magical vacation with us.

Really great trip report, Momof2Disneyboys! So well thought out and the ending with the wishing was very touching....an example of great Disney memories that can happen anywhere.

Will be excited to see what you think of Beach Club! Have not stayed at a Deluxe resort yet.

My favorite thing was the title of your TR. so cute! :cutie:

Thanks! :goodvibes I'm glad you have enjoyed it.

I hope we love the BC!! :wizard:

Thanks for reading!

I have been reading along, and I have to say, I have never enjoyed a TR as much as yours.

I have been debating on whether or not I want to stay at the Poly when we go in Nov. Because of your TR I've decided not to. I want to wait until we go during a warmer month so we can enjoy the Poly to its fullest... pools and all.

Thanks for sharing your magical vacation with us.

Thank you so much. :) I hope it was helpful to you.

You know I never thought of it that way, but now that you mention it I don't think I would have enjoyed the Poly as much if it were a cooler time of year. That's a great point.

The Poly is awesome in the summer!! :cloud9: I hope you get to enjoy it sometime soon!

Thanks for following along!

Me too. We were never the people who like to see how many FP we could collect throughout the day or anything, but if we happened to miss our one hour window we knew we could still use them. So this is a real bummer. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

This is exactly what we did :thumbsup2
Never collected them either, but it was nice not to have to inhale your lunch to get there on time.
What a bummer!!
Hoping it's just a rumor or they don't start doing it until after our trip

Shelly,

I was thinking back today when I first "met" you online on the Mayers thread and how we were all excited about our trips to WDW. Now, fast-forward, can you believe it has been almost 5 years since those May 2007 trips we all took?!?!

It is so cool to see how much fun and joy your family has every time you visit the resort. You definitely are well planned and are detailed oriented, but still manage to be flexible and relax, even if your plans don't always turn out as you expected. Still, the magic, the wonder, excitement and the discovery of new experiences at the parks and resorts bring smiles on your faces and in your hearts.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us - the photos, video and information - it is always so interesting and thoughtful. You tell it like it is - right to the point! LOL!

I hope that your upcoming trip will be just as wonderful and magical as the last one. Looking forward to your PTR and TR in the near future!

Sea :cool1:

Regarding the new FP policies - it is about time that they would enforce this. I know it is a bummer when you end up on the opposite side of the park, or stuck in another line, when your FP time has come up - but they have to set some limits on these things. There is just too many people and FP system is already overloaded. This will hopefully make wait times more faster and smoother.

This is exactly what we did :thumbsup2
Never collected them either, but it was nice not to have to inhale your lunch to get there on time.
What a bummer!!
Hoping it's just a rumor or they don't start doing it until after our trip

It will stink when you are held up because of WDW transportation or slow restaurants or other things out of our control. :headache:
Shelly,

I was thinking back today when I first "met" you online on the Mayers thread and how we were all excited about our trips to WDW. Now, fast-forward, can you believe it has been almost 5 years since those May 2007 trips we all took?!?!

It is so cool to see how much fun and joy your family has every time you visit the resort. You definitely are well planned and are detailed oriented, but still manage to be flexible and relax, even if your plans don't always turn out as you expected. Still, the magic, the wonder, excitement and the discovery of new experiences at the parks and resorts bring smiles on your faces and in your hearts.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us - the photos, video and information - it is always so interesting and thoughtful. You tell it like it is - right to the point! LOL!

I hope that your upcoming trip will be just as wonderful and magical as the last one. Looking forward to your PTR and TR in the near future!

Sea :cool1:

It has been a long time Sea!!! :cool1: We were about to embark on our 2nd WDW trip when I met you and all the other MAYers. And look at us now - about to take our 8th trip!! :faint: Hard to believe.

I'm glad you have enjoyed the TR and video. I have enjoyed sharing it all with all of you. It's fun to relive the memories! :goodvibes

Regarding the new FP policies - it is about time that they would enforce this. I know it is a bummer when you end up on the opposite side of the park, or stuck in another line, when your FP time has come up - but they have to set some limits on these things. There is just too many people and FP system is already overloaded. This will hopefully make wait times more faster and smoother.

Years ago I thought they did enforce it, but over the years I learned that they didn't at all. I'm okay with the change, I just wish they would have enforced it from the beginning. I can foresee a lot of unhappy people when they are 30 minutes late for their FP because they weren't seated at their ADR time or something like that. :scared1:

I really enjoyed reading your TR. I'm glad you guys had such a nice time!

I'm not happy about them enforcing the FP rule. I really don't think the people coming late made much of a difference. The only time I ever encountered a FP line longer than 5 (bit max 10) minutes was at Soarin. And actually, even there most of my waiting was after the merge, so technically not FP wait anymore.

I really enjoyed reading your TR. I'm glad you guys had such a nice time!

I'm not happy about them enforcing the FP rule. I really don't think the people coming late made much of a difference. The only time I ever encountered a FP line longer than 5 (bit max 10) minutes was at Soarin. And actually, even there most of my waiting was after the merge, so technically not FP wait anymore.

Thanks Mel! :)

Yeah the FP line for Soarin is always long, especially after the merge. We have encountered long FP lines at TT too, but other than that I don't think too many of them have been that bad.

I know you're done here but I just felt compelled to tell you that I really miss checking in over here on your TR. :sad1:

Thanks Rinky!! :hug: I thought I would enjoy being done with the TR, but I am actually a little bored without it! :upsidedow And I miss chatting with all of you everyday. :sad:

I'm sure enjoying your TR though! ::yes::

I know you're done here but I just felt compelled to tell you that I really miss checking in over here on your TR. :sad1:

I second this! :thumbsup2

I really miss following your TR, Shelly. Things just aren't the same around here. :sad: And you know I can get into trouble with too much time on my hands. ;)

I said I wasn't going to nag you, so I won't, but Momto2 (Jenny) had a good suggestion.......:rolleyes1

:jester: HAPPY MARDI GRAS EVERYBODY!! :jester:

Sounds like you need to start a PTR then!:laughing:

Yes, maybe I need to get my plans together and start a PTR......one of these days!! :upsidedow

I second this! :thumbsup2

I really miss following your TR, Shelly. Things just aren't the same around here. :sad: And you know I can get into trouble with too much time on my hands. ;)

I said I wasn't going to nag you, so I won't, but Momto2 (Jenny) had a good suggestion.......:rolleyes1

:jester: HAPPY MARDI GRAS EVERYBODY!! :jester:

Well I sure don't want you to have too much time on your hands on the DIS!! :scared1:;):rotfl:

Happy Mardi Gras to you too. Don't party too much down there!! :cool1:

Well I sure don't want you to have too much time on your hands on the DIS!! :scared1:;):rotfl:

Happy Mardi Gras to you too. Don't party too much down there!! :cool1:

No partying going on at the moment. Remember that bad weather I told you about? Well, it's heeerrrreee. :scared1: I spent some time in my closet a little while ago when we had a tornado warning and it got really scary looking outside. It's a little better now, but I am sitting here in the dark - no power. :headache: We are supposed to go to a parade later if the weather has passed, but not if I can't shower and wash my hair. I could do that, but if I can't dry my hair, it ain't happening. :laughing:

No partying going on at the moment. Remember that bad weather I told you about? Well, it's heeerrrreee. :scared1: I spent some time in my closet a little while ago when we had a tornado warning and it got really scary looking outside. It's a little better now, but I am sitting here in the dark - no power. :headache: We are supposed to go to a parade later if the weather has passed, but not if I can't shower and wash my hair. I could do that, but if I can't dry my hair, it ain't happening. :laughing:

Oh no!! :scared1: I hope the bad weather passes and you get your power back and get to head out and enjoy the festivities! :wizard:

I just took 2 hours and read your entire TR!!! (I love chapter links for easier reading). I'd love to stay at the Poly someday. It's on my list of dream resorts. I can't wait to read your review of the Beach Club...another dream resort!!! I also can't wait to start my own PTR soon. :goodvibes

I just took 2 hours and read your entire TR!!! (I love chapter links for easier reading). I'd love to stay at the Poly someday. It's on my list of dream resorts. I can't wait to read your review of the Beach Club...another dream resort!!! I also can't wait to start my own PTR soon. :goodvibes

Glad the links were helpful to you! :goodvibes Hope you enjoyed the TR! The Poly is awesome. As awesome as everyone always says it is!! :thumbsup2

Congrats on your upcoming trip! :cool1:

Hi Shelly!:goodvibes Just wanted to pop in and say hello.
I miss reading your TR! Hope all is well with you and your family!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter