• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Dole Whip in my hand & my toes in the sand: CBR/Poly Split Stay – This Is The Life!

Really enjoyed your trip report!
Looking forward to hearing all about your Maycation or repeat August PTR.
Reading your TR really made my trip come up fast I can't believe I only have 2 months left!!!
Thanks again
Deb:)

What a wonderful TR! Thanks so much for sharing & I especially love your videos! They are always a wonderful recap of the great moments from your trips. I need to convince my DH to make one from our trip pictures.

I can't wait to read about how your next trip plans shape up. :goodvibes

Another fabulous TR! You are such a great storyteller-both with words and pictures. I esp loved hearing about the August-I just got a new job with quite a decent pay increase, so I was thinking August would be right when my 6 month probationary period is over...:rolleyes1

Really enjoyed your trip report!
Looking forward to hearing all about your Maycation or repeat August PTR.
Reading your TR really made my trip come up fast I can't believe I only have 2 months left!!!
Thanks again
Deb:)

Thank Deb! :goodvibes

Your trip will be here before you know it! :thumbsup2

What a wonderful TR! Thanks so much for sharing & I especially love your videos! They are always a wonderful recap of the great moments from your trips. I need to convince my DH to make one from our trip pictures.

I can't wait to read about how your next trip plans shape up. :goodvibes

Thanks Amy! :) Glad you enjoyed the TR and video!

If we end up going in Apr/May (which I think we will) maybe we will run into each other!

I enjoyed your TR! Glad yall had such a great trip!

Thank you Marissa!

Another fabulous TR! You are such a great storyteller-both with words and pictures. I esp loved hearing about the August-I just got a new job with quite a decent pay increase, so I was thinking August would be right when my 6 month probationary period is over...:rolleyes1

Thanks Jenny!

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like August just might be the perfect time for a vaca for you! :thumbsup2

Great trip report!!! It looked like you guys had a awesome time! Can't wait to hear more details about the upcoming trip.

Well that's that.

It's really and truly over now.

It's like reading a great book and you know the end is coming and yet when it gets here, you say "Okay what the heck just happened?"
:guilty:

I'm so glad it was a close to perfect vacation for y'all. I'm super happy that you got to stay at the Poly and enjoyed it and found a new favorite resort!:cloud9:

And I do agree--- that time of year is awesome!!

Now----
I want you to go back and read your final thoughts about your August trip.

Then I want you to tell me if you think May is going to live up to that hype?

:laughing:

Can't wait to hear all the plans for the new trip!!

You do have plans, don't you???:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Great trip report!!! It looked like you guys had a awesome time! Can't wait to hear more details about the upcoming trip.

Thank you! :) More details to come about this years trip! :thumbsup2

Well that's that.

It's really and truly over now.

It's like reading a great book and you know the end is coming and yet when it gets here, you say "Okay what the heck just happened?"
:guilty:

I'm so glad it was a close to perfect vacation for y'all. I'm super happy that you got to stay at the Poly and enjoyed it and found a new favorite resort!:cloud9:

And I do agree--- that time of year is awesome!!

Now----
I want you to go back and read your final thoughts about your August trip.

Then I want you to tell me if you think May is going to live up to that hype?

:laughing:

Can't wait to hear all the plans for the new trip!!

You do have plans, don't you???:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Yep, that's that. It's over. :sad:

Yes, we are very happy that we got to stay at the Poly and now we have one more (what does that make - two? :laughing:) thing at WDW in common!! :goodvibes

I sure don't know if May will live up to our August trip, but then again IDK if going again in August will live up to this past trip either. :confused3 You know my luck on going the same time of year 2 years in a row. :eek: So maybe it's best if we change it up. :thumbsup2

Yes, I do have plans. Some anyway. :laughing: I really need to get on that now that this TR is over and I can concentrate on the next trip a little more. ::yes:: I have a basic plan, but still have lots of little details to work out. You wanted to help me with that, right?! :cool1:

Thank you! :) More details to come about this years trip! :thumbsup2

Yep, that's that. It's over. :sad:

Yes, we are very happy that we got to stay at the Poly and now we have one more (what does that make - two? :laughing:) thing at WDW in common!! :goodvibes

Okay I may be blonde, and I may be horrifically awful in math, but in my little chalkboard world, one plus one does indeed make two. You don't have to talk slow; I'm trying to keep up. :lmao:
So---- that does make two things we have in common. ::yes:: Wait.....What's our friendship based on again??:rotfl2:

I sure don't know if May will live up to our August trip, but then again IDK if going again in August will live up to this past trip either. :confused3 You know my luck on going the same time of year 2 years in a row. :eek: So maybe it's best if we change it up. :thumbsup2

Okay you're so right. May might be best based on your past experiences.:rolleyes1

Yes, I do have plans. Some anyway. :laughing: I really need to get on that now that this TR is over and I can concentrate on the next trip a little more. ::yes:: I have a basic plan, but still have lots of little details to work out. You wanted to help me with that, right?! :cool1:

Um, Help you????? GIRL!!!!!!! It's what we DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I can't be there physically, at least I'm there in spirit!:goodvibes

Okay I may be blonde, and I may be horrifically awful in math, but in my little chalkboard world, one plus one does indeed make two. You don't have to talk slow; I'm trying to keep up.
So---- that does make two things we have in common. Wait.....What's our friendship based on again??

I'm not exactly sure. :confused3:lmao::rotfl2:

Okay you're so right. May might be best based on your past experiences

I know, every time I go the same time 2 years in a row the second time is s total let down. :scared1:

Um, Help you????? GIRL!!!!!!! It's what we DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I can't be there physically, at least I'm there in spirit!:goodvibes

I know!! :cool1: I will be sending you my itinerary again soon so you can tweak it!! :thumbsup2

I am so glad that you guys had a wonderful trip. I know you had your doubts going in. I was worried about that heat for you! I'm happy that you found it managable. And I can relate to the hurrican drama. Not the best way to start a trip for sure. :sad2:

Isn't it funny how we are satisfied staying at one level of resort until we stay at another? :laughing: When we stayed at ASMo and Pop, we had a wonderful time. But after staying at CBR, I don't want to go back! :rolleyes: I'm actually afraid to stay at a deluxe, b/c I know the same thing will happen with that and my wallet cannot afford to get hooked on deluxes! I can totally see how you wouldn't want to stay anywhere else after the Poly. It does have some major perks!

I'm so sad this is over. :sad1: But, I can't wait for you to start your PTR. Please make sure you let me know when you do b/c I never check the PTR board. Send me a PM or just let me know on my TR if you don't mind. I absolutely don't want to miss it!

I am so glad that you guys had a wonderful trip. I know you had your doubts going in. I was worried about that heat for you! I'm happy that you found it managable. And I can relate to the hurrican drama. Not the best way to start a trip for sure. :sad2:

Isn't it funny how we are satisfied staying at one level of resort until we stay at another? :laughing: When we stayed at ASMo and Pop, we had a wonderful time. But after staying at CBR, I don't want to go back! :rolleyes: I'm actually afraid to stay at a deluxe, b/c I know the same thing will happen with that and my wallet cannot afford to get hooked on deluxes! I can totally see how you wouldn't want to stay anywhere else after the Poly. It does have some major perks!

I'm so sad this is over. :sad1: But, I can't wait for you to start your PTR. Please make sure you let me know when you do b/c I never check the PTR board. Send me a PM or just let me know on my TR if you don't mind. I absolutely don't want to miss it!

Thank you! :goodvibes It was an awesome trip! Way better than I expected it to be, that's for sure.

I know, it is crazy. So don't do it -- don't go deluxe!! You won't want to turn back. Enjoy the moderates for awhile first!

I will be sure to let you know when I start a PTR! :thumbsup2

Did everyone see the new changes coming to the Fastpass System?

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Other/FASTPASS/News/06Feb2012-Big-changes-coming-to-FASTPASS-in-March.htm

"Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March
Feb 06, 2012

Some big changes are expected to be implemented at all FASTPASS attractions next month. Starting March 7 2012, it is expected that the FASTPASS return windows will now be actively enforced, with a 5 minute early arrival and 15 minute late arrival to be allowed. Anyone arriving outside of those times will not be allowed entry to the attraction. The new validity windows will be required for the future roll-out of more advanced NextGen FASTPASS systems, which will require much tighter control of FASTPASS entry than what the current system offers.

The current FASTPASS system does not allow early arrival times, but does allow late arrivals up to the end of the day. Many guests make use of the late arrival tolerance with the current system, so the new enforcement will be a significant impact to those guest's park touring plans."

I saw that. I've always thought that it was odd that they didn't enforce the one hour window but that sure didn't keep me from using them later than the time stamped on the Fastpass.;)

I saw that. I've always thought that it was odd that they didn't enforce the one hour window but that sure didn't keep me from using them later than the time stamped on the Fastpass.;)

Me too. We were never the people who like to see how many FP we could collect throughout the day or anything, but if we happened to miss our one hour window we knew we could still use them. So this is a real bummer.

Me too. We were never the people who like to see how many FP we could collect throughout the day or anything, but if we happened to miss our one hour window we knew we could still use them. So this is a real bummer.

It's a bummer for us too because I was really going to try and utilize Fastpass for our upcoming trip. I was already nervous about having less days in Disney and now this. :crazy2:

It's a bummer for us too because I was really going to try and utilize Fastpass for our upcoming trip. I was already nervous about having less days in Disney and now this. :crazy2:

Yeah, that's kind of what I am thinking about our upcoming trip -- it is going to be much busier than the last trip, so utilizing FP is going to be important. Especially at Epcot for Soarin, when TT is going to be down. Things are going to be a lot more difficult now. :scared:

I hate when WDW gets us used to something and then snatches it away! :headache: (Remember when the DDP included an appetizer and a tip???)

Yeah, that's kind of what I am thinking about our upcoming trip -- it is going to be much busier than the last trip, so utilizing FP is going to be important. Especially at Epcot for Soarin, when TT is going to be down. Things are going to be a lot more difficult now. :scared:

I hate when WDW gets us used to something and then snatches it away! :headache: (Remember when the DDP included an appetizer and a tip???)

We are going over Memorial Day weekend and know that it will be fairly busy and we won't have the luxury of coming back on another day since there aren't that many days in the first place.

Oh I remember well the days of the appetizers and tip being included on the dining plan. I so wish they'd allow us to have either an appetizer OR dessert.

Unfortunately I think I lot of people did that - collected them throughout the day. This made the FP lines hard to "control" with the return times - making the FP line sometimes very long. We are like you and didn't collect them, but this really doesn't surprise me that Disney is doing this.

We are going over Memorial Day weekend and know that it will be fairly busy and we won't have the luxury of coming back on another day since there aren't that many days in the first place.

Oh I remember well the days of the appetizers and tip being included on the dining plan. I so wish they'd allow us to have either an appetizer OR dessert.

I haven't found the DDP to be a good deal since they took those thing away. :sad2:

Unfortunately I think I lot of people did that - collected them throughout the day. This made the FP lines hard to "control" with the return times - making the FP line sometimes very long. We are like you and didn't collect them, but this really doesn't surprise me that Disney is doing this.

I'm sure there were plenty of people doing just that.

I do look forward the the possibility of the FP lines being shorter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter