A DLR Guide for WDW Vets

newfamilyman said:
Any progress on your WDW for DLR vets thread? Thanks in advance.
Actually, as I am passionate about DLR it was much easier to write that one. Since I do not have the emotional connection to WDW, it has been harder to motivate myself to get it completed. It has been about 80% complete for the last two months. I will take your query here as an extra motivation to get it finished. ;)

Wow that was great! I am a WDW vet and have only been to DLR once 15 years ago. I loved the comparisons and it will certainly prepare me for what to expect when I go in early November. The links were great too. Your guide was very informative. :thumbsup2

There is one thing I'm not sure is correct. I had read that ABC Television had invested in DL in return for Walt to produce some shows for the network and have the opening day on TV exclusively with Art Linkletter as the host. It was in "Mouse Tales A Behind-The-Ears Look at Disneyland" by David Koenig.

Great guide, I wrote down some tips :teeth:
by the way ... six flags magic mountain a place where gang members hang out?? :sad2: man that's scary... I was planning to go

Great post, Hydroguy! You've given me great advice in my trip planning to DL several times, and I do appreciate it! :thumbsup2

EmpressPoopy said:
There is one thing I'm not sure is correct. I had read that ABC Television had invested in DL in return for Walt to produce some shows for the network and have the opening day on TV exclusively with Art Linkletter as the host. It was in "Mouse Tales A Behind-The-Ears Look at Disneyland" by David Koenig.
Koenig is a reliable source, and I searched this on wikipedia FWIW - see www.disboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=15107220 - and you are correct. I know that one of the major TV networks declined to invest in DL, and misremembered it being ABC. So it was one of the other two. Thanks.

veek said:
by the way ... six flags magic mountain a place where gang members hang out?? :sad2: man that's scary... I was planning to go
My BIL is in law enforcement in SoCal and will not take his family to SFMM. Basically, SF in general decided with their thrill coasters to appeal to a different demographic than Disney - young males. And they made their tickets really cheap. So what happened? They started getting gang members who bought annual passes for dirt cheap and went there to hang out. And cause trouble. There have been a number of well publicized shootings at SFMM.

The new SF management has figured out that the real money is in families (Disney of course already knew this), because young males do not have much money to spend and do not bring children to the parks. So now SF is trying to become family oriented, which just does not mesh with thrill coasters. So they have a dilemma, and are trying to sell SFMM.

of course I'll go, I'm a coaster-freak :)
but it seems kind of incredible to me...

:smooth: Awesome Guide to DLR!! Thanks for all your efforts Hydroguy! We will be making use of so many of your suggestions!

Thanks Again!! :thumbsup2

We were at DCA for Mickey's Halloween Treat last night and I rode California Screamin' again. I'd forgotten how smooth that ride is... I wish all the roller coasters were like that!

:sunny:

Wow!!! More than I could have hoped for.
In a couple weeks I'm going to DLR for the first time, for two days preceding a conference in Irvine. Your advice and resource links will be very helpful.

If you actually do the WDW for DLR vets thing, consider using a collaborator.

Thank you, Thank you Hydroguy!!

I vote to make Hydroguys guide a sticky on this board!!! Moderators...can this be done? This guide is too good to be lost in the posting shuffle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter