A Daily Lesson in Parenting and Manners: A TR by a real life Wicked Stepmom!

Christmas Card!! (not really...ponchos do not a Christmas card make!)
100_1487.jpg

HA! This was my Christmas card pic (minus the ponchos) in 2006! That's so funny! We had someone close by take a pic of our family and hubby loved it so much, we had the cards printed up on Snapfish. I hated the way I looked b/c I was in shorts, it was boiling out and I was, ahem, perspiring, but all in all it was a great way to wish everyone a Happy Holiday. On the photo card I had, "Hope all of your wishes upon a star come true this holiday season".:hug:

We trooped in and were BLASTED by the stark brightness of the place. Bright whites, bold reds...lots of plastic. I pert near needed my sunglasses! I kept my eyes down while Sally did a clown check for me. I don't like clowns. They freak me out.

"It's okay MissCammie...there isn't a standing one."

WHEW! Those large looming life sized Ronald McDonald's truly freak me out. I have issues with clowns. (I know...what DON'T I have issues with?!) It's just that I find them to be menacing and creepy looking...ick.

They freak me out.

Thats ok, Miss Cammie, they freak me out too. And weird kinda Santa dolls. Not in my house.!:scared1:

And Disney in the rain with your family is still super magical!:wizard:

Two updates!!! :cool1: :banana: :yay: And both great, of course.
Sounds like a great evening....lotsa memories.

OH Boy, oh boy!!
What's this?
An avatar for me???!!

cammie.jpg

use it if you like it ;-)

Woo-hoo! I thought I would pop in before bed and read the comments from everyone and there it was - another new chapter! :cool1:

My DD loved finding the penny smashers too! I am also happy to read from you and others that I am not the only one with a spouse who gets very cranky if not fed in a timely manner.

Looking forward to the MGM update (I just can't call it Disney's Hollywood Studios)!

Just got back from a week in alaska and had to come check out what i missed on your trip report!! Sounds good, as always!

If anyone wants to read my alaska report, its in my sig...But i am warning you, not as entertaining as Miss Cammie!

This year's list of named hurricanes/tropical storms includes both Sally and Teddy.

Loving the report.

Dear MissCammie--I've been lurking on your trip report since the very beginning, but every time I've started to post I've gotten a severe case of the "shys" for some reason. As a fellow step-mom who also dealt with a less-than-smooth (how's that for understatement!!) relationship with our ex-wife (I figured she was as much mine as his), I've laughed and cried with you, your DH, and the kids as you figure out together this truly unique thing called a "step-family". My youngest step-daughter once asked her dad why they call it a "step-mother" ? He replied that he really didn't know. After long pause, she answered, "I think it's because it's like one step away from a real mom." I think you're less than one step away. My steps are now 19, 22, and 24--they grow quick-- enjoy every minute!! ( I also have the eyebrow arch--I inherited it from my mom, who used it ruthlessly!!)

OH Boy, oh boy!!
What's this?
An avatar for me???!!

cammie.jpg

use it if you like it ;-)

I love it!!! It's perfect!!! Thanks Javamom!!!!:cool1:

This year's list of named hurricanes/tropical storms includes both Sally and Teddy.

Loving the report.

:scared1:

:rotfl2:

I live with my own personal Hurricane Teddy!!! Hurricane Sally will probably be a very well mannered hurricane that wouldn't DARE knock anything down or blow anything over. :cutie:

Dear MissCammie--I've been lurking on your trip report since the very beginning, but every time I've started to post I've gotten a severe case of the "shys" for some reason. As a fellow step-mom who also dealt with a less-than-smooth (how's that for understatement!!) relationship with our ex-wife (I figured she was as much mine as his), I've laughed and cried with you, your DH, and the kids as you figure out together this truly unique thing called a "step-family". My youngest step-daughter once asked her dad why they call it a "step-mother" ? He replied that he really didn't know. After long pause, she answered, "I think it's because it's like one step away from a real mom." I think you're less than one step away. My steps are now 19, 22, and 24--they grow quick-- enjoy every minute!! ( I also have the eyebrow arch--I inherited it from my mom, who used it ruthlessly!!)

Hi! so glad you stopped by!!:goodvibes

I'm always so glad to *meet* another step mom. It's good to know that others out there have struggled with ex's and all the emotional turmoil of being a step parent. It's nuts. It's also good to know that this drama won't last forever...b/c TIME cannot be halted...not even by postponed court dates!

thanks for saying hi! :hippie:

Aw, what a great evening of shopping! And a perfect way to cap off the night as well. Snacks and a dvd...right up my alley.

Woo hoo!! Two updates!! I'm glad to hear the evening turned out to be so much fun! The kidlets did good picking out/paying for their purchases!
I can understand the clown thing...hate em!
Looking forward to more!

The World of Disney Mega super Everything you could EVER want and NEVER knew you NEEDED until you were standing in front of it Store...

(that's the official name...)

Of COURSE it is! I'm so glad they shortened it though. The full name leaves me out of breath.

Teddy had gotten a K'Nex Roller Coaster set for Christmas. It was incredibly intricate and had 84,000 parts...Jay had that thing built in under an hour.

Amazing.

A week later they took it down and built something of their own design.

I was like this with LEGO's as a little girl. I used to make "cities" that took up my entire bedroom. I had drawers and drawers of them.

How sweet is this picture?!?!

I set out fish crackers and baby carrots and some slices of mozzarella cheese for Sally and Teddy. (having the mini fridge in our room ROCKED!)

We ended our night having a bed picnic, eating snacks and pizza and watching Peter Pan. I don't think the kids made it past the first verse of "You can Fly!"

Miss Cammie, this sounds like a PERFECT way to spend an evening and leaves me all warm in the heart thinking about it!

Love the new avatar, by the by. That javamom rocks, no?

Two in a row and I can't wait for the next one!

:flower3:

MissCammie you bring back such great memories for me, like slogging around the Food & Wine Festival in the leading bands of Hurricane Wilma, and consequently flying out the next day in those outer bands, what a scary ride !
On another trip one of my favorite nights at AKL we had an improvised dinner from Mara on our balcony overlooking the savannah one evening during a tremendous rainstorm. I am BTW one of those odd people who would much rather be out slogging through the rain at Disney or anywhere for that matter than in any other weather ! Odd I know ;) Your evening sounds just perfect to me.

How wonderful that Sally has the ability to lose herself in scrapbooking, hope she's doing your scrapbook for your trip. Do you collect random 'stuff' the way my scrapbooking friends do? You know ticket stubs napkins, cups, how do you scrapbook a cup? If she's not doing one for this trip I hope she does one for your August trip.

You should go ahead and do that playroom in Disney art now, the kids aren't going to be small forever, you could use posters now and gradually switch over to sketches, and cells. When we put in our home theater I got one side for my Disney sketches and DH got one for his 80s movie posters. Well okay I admit I've got cells, lithographs, and the bronze Partners statue in the living room and hallway too..........most from my CM days but DH bought the statue for me.

BTW - Was that MissCammie's hand we saw in the penny smasher pic??? We never get to see her :confused3

Thanks for the update looking foward to more
Lynn

PS twob4him - I have that phone phobia too :(

Hi Miss Cammie,

I haven't posted here much, but I've been following along. I also haven't logged in lately, but twice in the past 2 days I have been reminded of your experiences.

First, on Sunday when I kept the nursery at church a little girl in a very fancy smocked dress went down the tiny slide. As she hit the ground I did a double take--she was going commando! No panties for her either!

Then yesterday my youngest & I traveled to the zoo. This guy gave a shout out to Miss Cammie:

June22008037.jpg

Yay I started reading your trip report about 3 days ago and I just got finished. I enjoyed it.. your family really makes me laugh. Especially Teddy :rotfl: I can't wait for the next chapter. I am subscribing :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter