A Daily Lesson in Parenting and Manners: A TR by a real life Wicked Stepmom!

CampbellScot

DIS Veteran
NOTE TO MODS: This is NOT a Pre-Trip...it's just a long pre-RAMBLE. But it IS the beginning of a real Trip Report.

anyhow...

Perhaps I'm not completely wicked...but I have my moments. I have this killer "Wicked Stepmother" eyebrow arch thing that does WONDERS in frightening small children and getting them to cease all behaviors that irritate me...b/c I'm wicked. That's what I do. :thumbsup2 I suppose I'm not so wicked that I couldn't plan this Disney Trip with my step kiddos in mind. I love them to bits and I wanted their first real trip to Disney to be magical!! Of course when we started planning this trip a year ago...days after returning from my Disney Honeymoon, (I'd been planning my wedding and honeymoon for a year, I needed something new to "PLAN"...I'm nuts that way!), our lives were very different than they are now.

It was a pretty good situation with my husband and his kids. They lived about 10 minutes away, we were a daily part of their lives. They lived here 50% of the time...everything was EvenSteven...daddy got to attend Brownies events and pick the little guy up from Pre school...they didn't miss birthday parties or soccer games,there weren't a lot of "separation issues"...the kids were doing great, their lives hadn't been disrupted. They had their school, their grandparents five houses away, their friends...all was well...as can be when your dad moves out. *ahem* THEN out of the blue (well actually this little coup was in the works for 18 months, I KNEW something was up but we were assured that there were no plans to change anything in terms of custody...I didn't believe it...too many comments from the kids like "Mommy showed us our new school down the shore..." WHAT?! Call mommy and "What? That's weird...we were down the shore last weekend, but I don't know why they would say that..." Hmm....FUNNY...silly children hallucinating were they?) anyhow..."out of the blue" the kid's mom announces she is moving down the shore, an hour away, and was taking the kids with her. Period. Nothing would change...except we would see them MUCH less, their lives would be totally upended, we would know nothing of their school, or their friends, or ever be able to attend any events or extra curricular activities without massive planning and taking time off of work and allowing for major traffic to get down there...other than THAT, nothing would change...okay? Good. Don't try and stop me...Thanks...

SO...we were suddenly plunged into a custody battle. It's ongoing. It's horrible. The kids are starting to come unglued...nail biting, bed wetting, behavioral problems, flat out depression...I'm reliving my childhood nightmare through these two kids. It's pretty awful and I'm getting to the point of being ready to say Uncle. The kids aren't going to last through this. Their mom refuses to see any of this. She wants what she wants. Period. She says that a lot. She thinks if she says "Period" at the end of a sentence, the world will agree with her lunacy.

Okay on to the Disney part...*ahem* We needed something to look forward to, to plan for. All year long we invoked the "Disney Magic" when things got sort of gloomy. We talked about Disney to change the subject, to distract us, to calm anxiety...it was our emotional life raft. It still is. We love Disney. Its Magic is real to us and we were ready and rarin to go when "Departure Day" arrived.

Oh wow, forgot the introductions!

My husband: Jay...aka Daddy. (the kids call him that, not me...minds out the gutter people!) A diagnosed Obsessive Compulsive. He cleans for fun. He is very organized, very Type A, very in control of things. He is a wonderful husband and father. Devastatingly handsome...witty and intelligent...:love: I'm not sure how I lucked out, but I'm telling y'all, I WON the husband lottery. He's amazing. He is the GLUE.

Sally (8)- aka: SallyRally, MissBossyPants,Worry the Wart Hog, Fred (I call both the kids Fred from time to time...I feign ignorance that their names are not Fred...it exasperates them to death...but I'm wicked, it's my job to bother them...don't judge.) She is a THINKER our Sally. She analyzes every move, just like her daddy.She is a Daddy's Girl through and through. Very sweet natured girl, dry sense of humor, produces some GREAT one liners! She is VERY rules oriented, thinks things should be FAIR at all times. Currently in a stage of finding her little brother to be offensive in every way, shape and form. Sally is afraid to try new things. VERY AFRAID. Disney was a courage Quest to say the least. Oh and this girl can find ANYTHING that may be lost. We call her Eagle Eye Sal!

Teddy (5)- aka:TIMEOUT MISTER...(that's not really a nickname, but we're saying that a lot more lately!) Peanut, Handsome, and of course Fred. This little guy is all energy. He is incredibly handsome and darling to the core. He's got a big heart. He is incredibly bright, which gets him into trouble a lot. He's very stubborn and easily distracted. He likes being the "baby", is treated as such for 50% of his life *ahem*, so he struggles a bit when rules remain in place in some places and not others. He delights in terrorizing his sister, but turn around and tell her he loves her out of the blue too.

Last and often Least:

Moi...CampbellScot aka: Miss Cammie. The kids call me this of their own accord. They've always called me this. I never insisted they do so. I was introduced to them as Miss Cammie when they were very little. Teddy was barely 2 and Sally was just 5. Their dad was the grouchy guy I passed in the hallway at work. (didn't know at the time he was grouchy b/c of a divorce he did not agree with...but he just looked plain MEAN...) Anyhow, they met me once and never forgot I was "Miss Cammie". Now it's my name. The kids will not call me anything else. It makes me someone "special". That's how I think of it anyhow!

I'm a little neurotic. I clean and sanitize obsessively...I'm fussy about table manners and social "graces" as my grandma calls them. I was raised in a very strict Southern home in which table manners were next to Godliness. It may have warped me some. I have a hard time abiding rudeness in general and bad table manners push me over the edge. I'm SUPER FUN! I have a Diet Coke addiction...a big one. I have trained my Darling step daughter to seek out Diet Coke refrigerators when we are out in public...I don't even have to ask anymore, she just spots one, trots over and brings a nice cold bottle of Diet Coke back to her Crazy Stepmom. I also have this "thing" about not being able to drink DC if it's been shaken at all. Oh and it has to be in a bottle. Not the big ones...the smaller ones. I don't drink diet coke out of fountains or liter bottles. I'll do a can if I'm really hard up and there is nothing else. I'm crazy. I know this.( SallySue is SO good about not shaking the DC. She also tells waiters at restaurants not to shake my Diet Coke.:lmao: LOVE this girl!!!)
I'm emotional, and I SWEAR, I have an inner Donald Duck. Y'all know how Donald will come unglued and have a big old long QUUUAAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!! sort of tantrum...that happens in my head...A LOT. But as a good Southern Girl I swallow my emotions and smile instead of throw things...which is why I may have those pesky ulcers...*cough* moving right along...

OKAY...therapy session/introduction over...HERE WE GO!!!

We made plans to stay at The Wilderness Lodge for 10 days at the end of August. Then the "battle" began...it was definitely for our wallet but not in a fun Zzub Disney sort of way...we had to shorten the trip b/c of a court date that was rescheduled and rescheduled until MAGICALLY the only day she was available was on what was supposed to be the third day of our trip. RAR. So...

We ended up leaving on August 21 and staying through the 26. I had to change/cancel ADR's and I was worried that we would be rushed, but we were going to Disney no matter what. No one was going to stop us!

*cue inspirational music*:rolleyes:

We had made rules at the beginning of the summer in regards to Disney. There were two basically:

1.No getting hurt before Disney.
2.No getting sick before Disney.

Those two things were NOT allowed. At all. In any way. PERIOD. (see how that works?) I told both the kids that it did not matter if they were casted or roasting with a fever, I'd hook them up to an IV and wheel them through the parks, but we were going. If they could please avoid getting sick or hurt it would make the trip more fun! So handwashing was a MUST, nose picking and nail biting were NO NOs...(they are anyhow, but special emphasis was placed on these for purposes of Disney!)

Of course it was Jay and me who broke the rules. Jay broke his little toe a week before we left. He kicked our new, very solid, coffee table somehow...(trippedonmydog'sballthatwasleftoutaccidentallyoops)...it didn't get casted or anything, but it was purple and painful and caused a lot of swearing and undisneylike language.

I got some sort of horrible tummy bug right about the same time as the toe break. It wiped me out. I was throwing up from dawn to dusk for two days straight...and really for days after the initial onset.

Sick. As. A. Dog. was I.

When Departure Day arrived I was still sort of woozy, and careful to be near a bathroom...or bushes...(at the mall, urge to hurl, ended up in bushes...but it was very quiet and lady like hurling...I'm classy that way). Sally sweetly reminded me one evening after I'd just been sick, that I was "rule breaking" the Disney rules. I almost had to Wicked Stepmother Eyebrow Arch her, but she brought me a fresh diet Coke and told me that I didn't smell like throw up. Thanks Sal.

Departure Day started with massive rain. And worry...that we would miss our dang flight or it would be canceled or rescheduled. We had all developed "fear" of RESCHEDULING thanks to the custody garbage and attempts to keep us from going to Disneyworld. RAR!

I woke up at 5am...felt rather ill. This tummy bug would NOT let go. So I tended to my need to yak and then woke everyone at 6:30. Handed out bags of cheerios and little cartons of Orange juice. I didn't want the kids to be cold so I layered them to head off the "I'm COLD" whine...Sally Rally kept an eye out for the car. I knew it had arrived when she SHRIEKED...

"MISS CAMMIE!!!!! It's a LIMO!!!!

100_0907-1.jpg

WHAT?! I looked over at my darling husband who was grinning from ear to ear.

"Suprise babe...love you!"

Of course I start crying. I had been so weepy lately I wanted to strangle myself. But I couldn't help it. Sally looked over at me announced it was a "Happy Cry" right? Geez, I'm worrying the kids already. I sucked it up and we all trooped out into the downpour to get into our swank Ride. It was AWESOME. I'm a little bit redneck. I admit it. My granddad would be offended that I referred to one of his grandkids as a redneck...but I think he gets offended by that cuz he's a little bit redneck too! Sorry Granddad, but you clean your nails with a hunting knife...that's redneck.

anyhow..I digress...

Limo was cool. Strapped the kids into the sideways seat and we were off. The ceiling of the limo had the fiber optic lights that changed color, which entertained the kids for the whole ride. We were nearly there when Teddy's lip popped out...the pouty, about to cry lip. The lip that seriously is so cute, and so genuine that it gets him out of a lot of trouble.

What's up Peanut? Why the lip? Remember, no crying at Disney! (I make rules up on the spot to suit my purposes...wicked after all)

Peanut says from behind his hands...

"Mommy says she's worried that we'll forget what she looks like while we're gone...I don't want to forget what she looks like!"

Okay so you know that inner Donald Duck I've got. He went ballistic. I saw RED. I thought I was going to truly start throwing things. These kids have been through enough without having to feel guilty about going to Disneyworld.

Then Sally adds in "Yeah, mommy said she wishes that SHE could take us to Disneyworld but she had to use all her money to take care of us but that we were worth it. She said that you and Daddy are lucky to have so much money."

Hmmmm...well yes, we are. Of course we didn't take the kids on SIX ski weekends during the winter and buy them head to foot Burton and North Face snow gear, snowboards and lessons every weekend either...geez she could have paid for two trips to Disney for what was paid for those ski weekends.:rolleyes:

So Jay made a rule of his own. We were going to Disneyworld. We would be talking about Disneyworld and nothing else. Nothing would exist outside of our Disney bubble for the whole trip. FOOT DOWN. END OF STORY.

Yay daddy. The kids were more than happy to comply. Tears dried, Disney talk resumed. Wicked Stepmother on the other hand sat fuming and trying to calm the inner Donald. Hands shaking, boiling temper under the surface trying to find my Disney smile. Then Teddy reaches over and says...

"Love you Miss Cammie. This is going to be the best trip EVER and I'm going to chew with my mouth closed the WHOLE TIME!!":laughing:

Cried. Again. But Donald settled down after that and I joined my family in the Disney Bubble of Happiness and Anticipation. Not unlike the Circle of Trust. We were all there, in a cool-as-all-get-out Limo heading to Disneyworld!!

Up next: Parenting lesson #1-if your child can't "Help" it, then it's PERFECTLY appropriate for him to make strangers bleed...

Chapter 2

Chapter 3: Part 1

Chapter 3: Part II

Chapter 4: OUCH! That hurts!

Chapter 4: Part II

Chapter 4:Part III

Chapter 5: Part I

Chapter 5 Part II-ish...just trying to squeeze in!

Chapter 6:Super Sally to the Rescue!!

Chapter 7:The Search for Lady Tremaine

Chapter 8-or is it? Stalking the Stepmother

Chapter 9:Part I-Whirring and Wishes and Pinkerbelle OH MY!

Chapter 9: Part II-The Coolest Parade EVER!!

Chapter 9:Part II-Parade Continued

Chapter 10? Grouchy when WET!

Chapter 11:Grouchy when wet Part II

Chapter 12: Urps and Burps!

Chapter 13: Another FOUL smell!!

Chapter 14: The Search for Fashion at Disney!!

Chapter 15: The ILLEGAL smell!!!

Chapter 16: Wonderful WISHES!!!

Chapter 17-ish:Shaking a Tail Feather!!!

Chapter 18: Time to Soar!!!

Chapter 19: In Which MissCammie Darn Near Starts a RIOT!!

Chapter 20: Good to go to Mexcio!!

Chapter 21: The land of Trolls and Blond People!

Chapter 22: China Dolls and Texas Talkin!

Chapter 23:Attack of the Perfume Ninja!

Chapter 24: Feeling a little...Off Kilter!!!

Chapter 25: Lost and Found at Coral Reef!

Chapter 26: Test Track and a Mean Lady!!

Chapter 27: Day THREE!! Animal Kingdom!!

Chapter 28: Bugs and Dinosaurs!!

Chapter 29: Defiance in the Boneyard!

Chapter 30: Otter Looks and Mouse Loves!

Chapter 31: Do Zebras Lay Eggs?!

Chapter 32: The Rapids of Kali River! (Attempt 2! QUACK!)

Chapter 33:Tut tut...It looks like RAIN!!!

Chapter 34-ish: Where we gonna eat?

Chapter 35: The Night the Lights Went Out in Disney!!

Chapter 36: Buyin Stuff and Browsing!

Chapter 37: MGM Day!!

Chapter 38:Sci-Fi and Typhoon Lagoon!!

Chapter 39: The Final Evening Part I!

Chapter 39: The Final Evening Part II

Chapter 40: The End of the Epic--Part I

Chapter 40:The End of the Epic--Part II

YAY!!! somebody likes my trip report!!!

Thanks for reading!!!

I'm working on the second installment...cuz I don't have anything to do...except laundry...and vacuuming...and getting ready for school to start...and organizing my office...not a THING. :)

I'm supposed to be working but I just had to pop in and say...

You are off to a great start and I am amused. PERIOD

Step-kids sound darling. STOP What is it about great husbands with the name Jay? END Am looking forward to reading more. FINISHED

This telegram brought to you courtesy of the Marconi company. ;)

I'm supposed to be working but I just had to pop in and say...

You are off to a great start and I am amused. PERIOD

Step-kids sound darling. STOP What is it about great husbands with the name Jay? END Am looking forward to reading more. FINISHED

This telegram brought to you courtesy of the Marconi company. ;)

:lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

This girl loves her some Telegrams!!! PERIOD!!!:thumbsup2

I am beyond honored to have THE Brenda reading of my Disney adventures. :worship: :worship: :worship:

thanks! Second installment pert near done!!!

You mean stepmom you! I wish I had had a stepmom who cared so much. You are a great mom!

I am excited to hear more. It is sad that their birth mommy is putting those children through so much unneeded 'garbage'.;)

CHAPTER TWO

Where were we? Oh yes...the AIRPORT.

We pulled up to the airport in our cool-as-all-get-out Limo. I was teaching Sally to do the "Princess Wave" b/c that is what one does while in a limo...and of COURSE Miss Cammie was in numerous parades, homecoming courts, and Southern Girl pageants which made her an EXPERT on Princess Waving...of course I've got issues till I die as a result of so much princessing at a young age, but that's another story...for my therapist...*ahem*

Daddy was NOT amused when Teddy caught on to the Princess Wave faster than SallyRally did!:rotfl2: He also doesn't like it when Teddy tromps around in my red cha cha heels either! But we aren't being judgmental. We meaning me...daddy was raised in the backwoods of upstate NY...he's got issues too!;)

After one last round of "elbow elbow wrist wrist wrist", we hopped out of the Limo, preening and smiling for all the onlookers wondering if that was in fact, Posh and Becks stepping out of the limo in all their emaciated fabulousness...I WAS wearing shades after all, AND I'd been vomiting for days...I know i lost some weight in the process...we SO could have been somebody cool...if one squinted and used peripheral vision only...of courseTeddy managed to fall out of the limo backwards, bringing his sister's backpack with him, which of course landed on the curb that was wet, which caused Lil Miss Germophobe to screech "TEDDY, GROSS!!! Now it's DIRTY!!!" None of it was very graceful.And with that, our Celebrity illusion was destroyed. So we jumped out regular family style and started unloading the WAY too packed suitcases.

I wanted to go check inside and see how long the check in line was, but I was vetoed...like this:

Jay:"Cam,it's quicker to do curbside".

Me: Let's just check.

Jay: Cam, let's just get this done...where did Teddy go?

Me: What do mean where did Teddy go he's right here silly...

Of course my husband wasn't actually worried about where his son was...his son was hanging on to my bag strap as I had instructed him to do, behaving himself. In the split second it had taken me to turn around and check, Jay had the bags in line at curbside and that was that. Tricky tricky...but paybacks are in the works mister!

The reason Jay wanted to do curbside check in was of course b/c it's "SUPPOSED" to be faster. He wants to get things done PRONTO. Sometimes curbside is faster...so tipping the skycap is worth it...unless you walk in and see that the 10 minutes you waited for curbside check in and the $10 you gave to the skycap could have been avoided due to the fact that there was NO line whatsoever inside. Totally deserted...with crickets in the background...:confused3

I threw an eyebrow arch at him, but said nothing. The eyebrow arch was more than enough to slap him around a bit...:flower3:

We made our way to security and hopped in line. It didn't take long to get to the "dis-robing" area. I made sure everyone was in thick socks for this purpose. But SallyRallyGermophobe wasn't having any of it.

"MissCammie, the floor is dirty. Why do we have to take our shoes off? That's gross. Do you know how dirty these floors are?! Grandma said....(things went a little "Charlie Brown Teacher voice" for me at that point. I've heard it all before.Grandma has made this child so germphobic I considered knocking her out with some cough syrup before the trip, just b/c I knew she'd have issue with "dirty airport floors". )...and we could all get SICK!

She worries about getting sick a lot. But this whole speech was given with her fingernail in her mouth. Talk about gross dirty. I could point this out to her... I could try and coddle her through it, or I could take away the option to worry. Since I was feeling a weens nauseous I was not in the mood to coddle. Jay was dealing with Teddy, so I employed the Wicked Stepmother Eyebrow arch.

"Sally, crocs off, in the bin. NOW please." Eyebrow arch. It was the arch that clinched it for her. She knew I wasn't messing. So with a long suffering sigh and the knowledge that she was probably wading through invisible toxic waste that was seeping through her socks, she put her crocs in the bin and walked through the security gate.

I was about to go after her, when the security guard said, "Sweatshirt off please...belt too..." *sigh* Normally I don't wear a belt to the airport, but the vomiting for days seriously took some weight off and my jeans were falling off so I wore a belt. I had intended to take it off before we got to security but I forgot. From behind me Teddy yelled

"Is MissCammie going to get NAKED?" :rolleyes: Naked indeed. StinkPOT.

Once we had all waded through the toxic waste we headed for our gate, which was PACKED with people. I swear some of them were Dis'ers. Lots of Lime green going on.

As we waited we were distracted by a very loud child. Yelling, jumping up and down, flailing around...loud child. My husband and I work with special needs kids. We are used to screeching and flapping and flailing on a daily basis. But this seemed to be obnoxiousness more than anything else. I knew at that moment, that this would be the child I would be seated next to. I knew it. KNEW IT.

I hate being right.

I had booked us for seats 21 A-D. That way the munchkins could sit together and watch the DVD player, along with one of us to be the "situate-er" . My darling husband had suggested I sit in the other row so I could try and rest a bit. He's a good guy. I could not seem to shake that feeling of being dizzy and nauseated. It was wretched. Closing my eyes for an hour or so sounded like a plan to me.

Until the loud child turned out to be my seat mate. They were initially sitting behind us. But they were in the wrong row...of course. At first the loud child sat quietly-ish. But that was a fake. He wasn't being quiet...he was storing up energy for after take off. See, he'd heard about that three year old who'd been kicked off the flight for being a loud pain in the rump before take off. This kid wasn't stupid. Just loud...and calculating.:headache:

Not even one minute after take off it started.

"MOM GET ME A SODA. I WANT A SODA MOM. I WANT ONE NOW. I WANT A SPRITE. I WANT IT NOW"

over and over it went. I was thinking to myself that this woman would see that giving an already hyper child a sugar filled soda would be a mistake. But I was wrong. She got him a sprite.

At one point my step daughter looked across the aisle at me. Our eyes met and she gave me the "That is SO ANNOYING" look. She wanted me to know that she felt my pain cuz she was annoyed too. That boy was a "Rule Breaker", AND he had no manners. SallyRally was on MY side! I nodded my head at her in a "Sisterhood of the Majorly Annoyed" way.

It got worse. Much worse.

Once the Loud Child had his sprite in hand, he gulped it down, belched like truck driver and wanted more. I threw up in my mouth a little. I swear.

"MOM, I WANT MORE. NOW. I'M THIRSTY." The mom tried to explain that perhaps he should wait and this is what he said..

"WOMAN, I AM NOT PLAYING. GET ME A SODA NOW".

I had visions of someone getting backhanded. That's what would have happened if I had ever said anything like that to an adult. I'd have been knocked clean out. Not that I advocate violence, but I always have visions of what would have happened to me had I ever been as brazen and bold and kids are today. It makes me really anxious.

So mom got up and hunted down an entire can of soda for her rude, disrespectful Loud Child.

About five minutes after that, he started "dancing". In his seat. Shooting his arms out left and right. Bumping people in front of him, and BESIDE HIM. He was singing the extremely crude lyrics to a song on his ipod, at the top of his lungs. I had to duck and weave to keep out of his way. Not very relaxing. :rolleyes:

Suddenly his elbow flew out. I wasn't quite ready for it, so I wasn't able to duck. His elbow hit me just under the eye and next to my nose. I was a little stunned for second. Stunned enough that I didn't realize that my nose was gushing blood until it was good and down my face. It wasn't a trickle. It was a massive gush. And it was NOT stopping any time soon.

I have had nosebleeds all my life. I get them all the time. Every season. Lots. I'm very used to them. But I can usually tell when one is about to start and I can get a kleenex ready, or find a bathroom. The only time I have ever not been ready for a nosebleed was when my nose was broken by an out of control child when I was at work.

I feared my nose was broken now. The first break had been "non displaced" so everything stayed in place. My nose was my nose. I wasn't so sure my luck would hold on this one. I heard a crack.

My kleenex was in my carry on under my seat. I panicked a bit and had to use my sleeve. Sorry. Gross. I know.

All of this took place in a split second. I was attempting to get up and get to the bathroom before anyone saw me. I didn't want to freak the kids out. The Loud Child was blissfully unaware that he had caused injury to another person and continued his flailing and dancing.

Unfortunately the drink carts were in the aisle. I was stuck.

But if I was very quiet and didn't move, perhaps I could disappear until I was able get to the bathroom. It was perfectly normal for a person to sit with her forearm pressed to her face while blood seeped into the fabric of her favorite hoodie :rolleyes: I willed myself to blend into the background.

*sigh* no such luck.

The Loud Child suddenly shouts

"HOLY S**T MOM! THAT GIRL IS BLEEDING OUT HER NOSE"

So the entire plane looks.

Grrrrrreat.

I pushed the flight attendant button. Jay was ripping through his carryon trying to find HIS kleenex. I was attempting to stay turned enough so that Teddy and Sally wouldn't have full view, but the Loud Child was making such a fuss that I couldn't turn that direction really.

A flight attendant came rushing over. I told her I was fine and just needed a bathroom.

I gotta say, this woman was my hero that day. She patted my arm and said, "use the first class bathroom hun." Music to my ears!!

Then she turned to the Loud Child and said:

"QUIET DOWN. NOW. YOU ARE VIOLATING NOISE REGULATIONS. IF YOU DO NOT SIT QUIETLY THE REST OF THE FLIGHT WE WILL LAND NOW AND HAVE YOU REMOVED." :woohoo: (I don't know if she would really have done that as it was such a short flight, but boy did that kid quiet down quickly! I think she may have slapped him around with an eyebrow arch at the end of the threat!)

anyhow, she brought me some hand towels, checked to make sure I was okay several times AND...this is the BEST...she sat me in an empty first class seat for the rest of the flight. It was near the bathroom. It was just so nice I couldn't even believe it.

So I cried. I cried b/c I was embarrassed about the whole thing. I cried b/c I thought my nose was broken, I cried b/c I threw up twice while in the bathroom, I cried b/c my favorite hoodie was bloodsoaked and ruined,I cried b/c I was flat out exhausted of drama and just wanted a nice quiet flight to Disneyworld.

The flight attendant told Jay where she had sat me. She asked if we wanted an ambulance to meet us at the airport. I told her i was fine. The bleeding finally stopped and all was well. She brought me Jay's sweatshirt so I wouldn't be cold and gave me a plastic bag so I could put my hoodie in it.

Jay later told me that the mom of the Loud Child said to him "Well he can't HELP IT. He's got ADD. It's not his fault. He's just excited. He's got ADD."

OOoohhhhh...now I feel better.:rolleyes:

Sally was fit to be tied. The whole thing had offended every boundary she had ever known in her life. If I recall correctly she said in her most appalled voice...

"That Boy HIT MissCammie and didn't even say SORRY or even get a consequence! They should have strapped him to a parachute and PUSHED HIM OUT OF THE PLANE":lmao: :lmao:

She doesn't mess around our Sally.

I'm pretty sure she threw daggers with her eyes at that child for the rest of the flight.

That's my girl.

*deep breath*

I got to rest in a nice roomy seat for the rest of the flight. It was heaven. I personally think that the price for first class seats is outrageous. But man, a girl could get used to extra rump room and a foot rest! Ahhhh...NOW I felt like Posh! I even politely refused the "first class" snack. How much more Posh can one get?!;)

Up next:Parenting Lesson #2-When you take something from your child b/c she is using it to hit her sister, be sure to give it right back when they cry...*ahem*

[QUOTE

"Mommy says she's worried that we'll forget what she looks like while we're gone...I don't want to forget what she looks like!"

Okay so you know that inner Donald Duck I've got. He went ballistic. I saw RED. I thought I was going to truly start throwing things. These kids have been through enough without having to feel guilty about going to Disneyworld.

Then Sally adds in "Yeah, mommy said she wishes that SHE could take us to Disneyworld but she had to use all her money to take care of us but that we were worth it. She said that you and Daddy are lucky to have so much money."

Hmmmm...well yes, we are. Of course we didn't take the kids on SIX ski weekends during the winter and buy them head to foot Burton and North Face snow gear, snowboards and lessons every weekend either...geez she could have paid for two trips to Disney for what was paid for those ski weekends.:rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

My ex tried this little game, telling our dd's he would never take them to Disney, because I've taken them so much and that I shouldn't spend his child support (that he hasn't paid in 6 months) on wasteful trips.

I told the girls I'm glad he won't be taking them, because it just makes our memories at WDW that much more special because we don't have to share them. As for the foolish spending of child support, I don't discuss that with the children, but made sure my ex got an earful of "How can I spend something that he hasn't paid"

--- Hurling like a lady is a southern girl specialty ----

How you didn't explode is beyond me. Now I AM known to be very patient with children...BUT...AND I MEAN BUT That child pushed the limits! That mom, should have brought a straight jacket and a muzzle if she knew his behavior was erratic...b/c of HIS ADHD (my butt).

You poor thing! I do hope that you were feeling better when you arrived.

I love you trip report. You are better then I am, I would have been telling that woman off, especially since there was no apology.

I am subscribing can't wait to read the rest.

Kim

You mean stepmom you! I wish I had had a stepmom who cared so much. You are a great mom!

I am excited to hear more. It is sad that their birth mommy is putting those children through so much unneeded 'garbage'.;)

Thanks!! "Good Mom" props are always nice to hear...don't know how true it is...but I try.

[QUOTE
My ex tried this little game, telling our dd's he would never take them to Disney, because I've taken them so much and that I shouldn't spend his child support (that he hasn't paid in 6 months) on wasteful trips.

I told the girls I'm glad he won't be taking them, because it just makes our memories at WDW that much more special because we don't have to share them. As for the foolish spending of child support, I don't discuss that with the children, but made sure my ex got an earful of "How can I spend something that he hasn't paid"

--- Hurling like a lady is a southern girl specialty ----

Oh yeah, isn't that infuriating?! I'm not sure why people talk to their kids about this stuff. I could give both kids an earful about thet colossal bunch of BS they are being told, but I don't. They are children and do not have the emotional capacity to cope with this sort of stuff. RAR.

thanks for reading!!!

How you didn't explode is beyond me. Now I AM known to be very patient with children...BUT...AND I MEAN BUT That child pushed the limits! That mom, should have brought a straight jacket and a muzzle if she knew his behavior was erratic...b/c of HIS ADHD (my butt).

You poor thing! I do hope that you were feeling better when you arrived.

Y'know I was just so wiped out I wasn't responding normally. I didn't want the kids to see me freaking out, b/c they were freaked out enough as it was. Seeing MissCammie lose it may have been too much. I'm one of those people who stays pretty calm during an event. It's later that I freak out and fall apart. Makes for lots of "Post Tramatic Stress" fun later!!!;)

I love you trip report. You are better then I am, I would have been telling that woman off, especially since there was no apology.

I am subscribing can't wait to read the rest.

Kim

YAY! Thanks for reading!!!

I am hooked and signing up! I can't even believe all that you and your family are going through. I wish you the best during this trial. I just can't believe with all of this you then get seated by an ADD child and have your nose bashed in!! How much can one person take??? Hang in there!

I am loving your report! Great writing style, can't wait to hear more!:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter